Toast I have faith in Ken Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think the Kochie comments have placed a lot of pressure on performance in the first few games. We go zip and 4 and there is no coming back from there. Paves the way for moving Hinkley on mid season.

Conversely, if we are 4-0 or 3-1, we will have built confidence and we should only get better as the season goes on. Probably play finals.

So comes down to the first 4-6 games.
Why? That's just a media thing, its how many games you have won by Sept that is important!

So I have an opportunity to have a Q&A with Kern some time soon. What should I ask him? Here's my list so far:

1. For the record, what is your ideal setup for a side? Power forwards, lead up forwards, running defenders etc? What is your ethos for how you want the game to be played?

2. Do you believe that shape is more important than structure in the modern game? If so, why? And if not, why not?

3. Where do you see the game evolving to tactically this year, and in the coming years?

4. What is the top three things a player needs to do to be promoted into the senior side? And what are the top three things that will ensure that doesn't happen?

5. Did John Butcher never get a game because a) he's an spud who can't kick b) he's a defensive liability c) all his goals were from the hard work of others or d) all of the above?

Give me some ideas people :p

Was the poor start to last year - ie before injuries and non CAS suspensions really kicked in - due in a significant part to getting the attitude towards restricted rotations wrong or if not wrong, different to what most other teams did?? Did you expect more sides to be like Port and pace themselves and save themselves for the second half, rather than go harder earlier than when there were no restrictions and then hang on in the second half?

Have you considered implementing Judo breakfalls as a form of impact training so we can run through opposition players and to strengthen tendons and ligaments thereby reducing player soft tissue injuries.
Starting low on grass or mats and graduating to high on concrete.

A group of young men who train daily could take this somewhere.

Was the poor start to last year - ie before injuries and non CAS suspensions really kicked in - due in a significant part to getting the attitude towards restricted rotations wrong or if not wrong, different to what most other teams did?? Did you expect more sides to be like Port and pace themselves and save themselves for the second half, rather than go harder earlier than when there were no restrictions and then hang on in the second half?

Since you were the first one to reply, you free on Friday at 10:45 REH? You can ask him that yourself, since I can bring one other person and my friend can't make it. It's with four other people and includes a tour of Alberton and lunch with two Port Adelaide players.

Since you were the first one to reply, you free on Friday at 10:45 REH? You can ask him that yourself, since I can bring one other person and my friend can't make it. It's with four other people and includes a tour of Alberton and lunch with two Port Adelaide players.
Bummer - today I asked for Thursday off, so no I cant get away next Friday morning. Thanks for the offer Janus.

Is that the competition or auction thing I have heard advertised on radio to spend time with Ken, Boaky and a couple of others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bummer - today I asked for Thursday off, so no I cant get away next Friday morning. Thanks for the offer Janus.

Is that the competition or auction thing I have heard advertised on radio to spend time with Ken, Boaky and a couple of others.

It might be part of it I think - this was some promotion for Sip'n'Save.

No worries, it's pretty late notice anyway :)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-24/teaching-degree-fast-tracks-afl-coaching-career/8385098
Port Adelaide development coach Aaron Greaves fast tracked to AFL by teaching degree
He is responsible for the club's cutting edge learning program designed to ensure both players and coaches understand, learn and implement their on-field strategies.

"My knowledge and hopefully in some ways expertise, has helped build a program that helps us create more of a learning environment for the players," Greaves explained.

The visible program was developed after extensive reviews of the players' performance probing "why is what we're teaching not always transferable into what we're seeing".

To ensure its success and growth, University of Melbourne education researchers have been brought in to analyse meetings and the coaches' performance.

Invite El_Scorcho :p

Then post the video of the ensuing arguement for our entertainment.

Depends if he wants to/can come. Could be fun :)

What say you El_Scorcho? Want the opportunity to hear first hand from Ken why he never picked Butcher?

I'm busy Friday but appreciate the offer! Despite the fact that we disagree a lot on what's gone wrong over the past couple of years, I think you'll probably ask him some great questions and I really loom forward to hearing about it.

If I had one question, it would be the following:

What does he consider to be the primary cause of our struggle to transition the ball out of defence and into the forward 50 efficiently post 2014?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm busy Friday but appreciate the offer! Despite the fact that we disagree a lot on what's gone wrong over the past couple of years, I think you'll probably ask him some great questions and I really loom forward to hearing about it.

What does he consider to be the primary cause of our struggle to transition the ball out of defence and into the forward 50 efficiently post 2014?

A) The lack of John Butcher's.

I am disappoint.

So I have an opportunity to have a Q&A with Kern some time soon. What should I ask him? Here's my list so far:

1. For the record, what is your ideal setup for a side? Power forwards, lead up forwards, running defenders etc? What is your ethos for how you want the game to be played?

2. Do you believe that shape is more important than structure in the modern game? If so, why? And if not, why not?

3. Where do you see the game evolving to tactically this year, and in the coming years?

4. What is the top three things a player needs to do to be promoted into the senior side? And what are the top three things that will ensure that doesn't happen?

5. Did John Butcher never get a game because a) he's an spud who can't kick b) he's a defensive liability c) all his goals were from the hard work of others or d) all of the above?

Give me some ideas people :p
One thing that has been concerning me:

We often hear the players talking about controlling what we can control, only worrying about what we need to to make sure we play well etc. Do we (or have we in the past) focussed on our own game too much at the expense of implementing tactics to counter the strengths of our opponents whilst exploiting their weaknesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back