Recommitted Izak Rankine [contracted and staying at Gold Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Players like Rankine need experienced players around them in the FWD line to help them grow. I feel the suns place way to much pressure on King & Rankine when they are still so young.

the best small FWD I have seen come in and dominate so fast was Wingard at Port but he had Gray, Monfries, Westhoff, Schultz, Matt White around him to do the small things while he grew. I mean look at Kozi Pickett he has had good and bad games this year and that’s ok as the Dee’s have put solid players around him so there not so reliant on a young player finding his feet.

Rankine to me needs a change of scenery. However if the suns wanna try to get the best of him next year. A player like Mitch Wallis and maybe Tom McDonald may be worth targeting, good players but great mentors.

Top 5 of the time trial in PS, so I'm not sure it's a working hard thing.

Time trial has nothing to do with his work ethic. Brad Hill is one of the best runners in the comp and at times doesnt even look like he wants to be out there. Billy Hartung has one of the best beep tests recorded in the afl and his work ethic sucked. I think Rankine is a pretty lazy player, so often he just doesnt do the simple things, like picking the ball up one handed when he doesnt need to. There is no doubt he has crazy talent but just seems so lazy at times when he plays.

Time trial has nothing to do with his work ethic. Brad Hill is one of the best runners in the comp and at times doesnt even look like he wants to be out there. Billy Hartung has one of the best beep tests recorded in the afl and his work ethic sucked. I think Rankine is a pretty lazy player, so often he just doesnt do the simple things, like picking the ball up one handed when he doesnt need to. There is no doubt he has crazy talent but just seems so lazy at times when he plays.
Wouldn't write him off yet, he's still got time to get better. Much easier to add work rate than talent. As posted above, fitness not the issue, just needs to mature a bit.

I agree he needs to improve, but all is not lost yet.

Wouldn't write him off yet, he's still got time to get better. Much easier to add work rate than talent. As posted above, fitness not the issue, just needs to mature a bit.

I agree he needs to improve, but all is not lost yet.
Not even close to being a lost cause, as soon as he exploded in his first few games and showed a bit of confidence i knew the tall poppy pricks would come for him.

Fans in this Country HATE players showing personality and he was branded as a certain type by a lot immediately.

Yes he is having a disappointing year but how many small forwards dominate when young and in bad teams? I reckon if Kozzie and Rankine were to swap teams you may see a dip on ones performance and an increase from the other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back