News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People thinking we arent giving up pick 5 are dreaming… dont get me wrong, i hope their dreams come true.. but they are dreaming all the same..

This trade wont happen without us losing pick 5 or our 2023 1st..

And sure, it would be great to hold onto pick 5 but we could get another mcasey type with it if we do keep it.. atleast this way we are guaranteed to get a bloody good player.

People thinking we arent giving up pick 5 are dreaming… dont get me wrong, i hope their dreams come true.. but they are dreaming all the same..

And sure, it would be great to hold onto pick 5 but we could get another mcasey type with it if we do keep it.. atleast this way we are guaranteed to get a bloody good player.

I’m not sure why we would put up our best asset to get someone that GC have no leverage on?

I mean what is the angle that the Suns have over us in this negotiation?

Imagine the scenario where we give pick 5 and next years first to Collingwood for deGoey… what can the Suns demand then? What can they do to stop Rankine getting to the Crows exactly?

Do they tell us that we can’t do the deGoey deal? Are we having our list management run by another club for us?

If we can’t find a deal that costs us less than the maximum, it’s an awful outcome from our trading team.

Let’s say the negotiation cannot be done, they keep saying no, we try our best but it gets us nowhere … we get Rankine in the PSD, Suns get nothing. Not a bad safety net.

Once he's committed to his family he's coming home, he ain't going back, trust me.

Especially after the Gold Coast has been pot shotting him at every opportunity.

Glad you know him well :)

This fan is up to the 'he might stay' stage.

If you read the thread in it's entirety you will see whose side I am on with this. If it is a little bit TLDR, I will give you a clue. It is not the SUNS.

The whole Bowes thing makes no sense. They will be saving $600k on Rankine, so how bad would their salary cap issues have been without him leaving?

if there is any truth to any of it I also cant understand why Adelaide wouldn’t be the obvious landing spot for Bowes anyway. I really rate him, and have no idea why GC suddenly don’t want him, but it would make working out a deal with us much, much easier.

5 and 23 for Rankine, Bowes & 7 would surely make more sense than giving up 7 to another club and then try and negotiate with us over Rankine seperately. Also with Brown and probably Seedsman off our books we should be perfect target to offload his salary.
Been in the works for quite a while with Bowes leaving, ONLY to a Vic based team, Bombers unlikely apparently, we are not even in the conversation, no doubt we would likely do the deal, he isn't interested in anywhere but VIC. Can absolutely confirm this 100% (I Can't get much on the actual team but clearly the state)

I’m not sure why we would put up our best asset to get someone that GC have no leverage on?

I mean what is the angle that the Suns have over us in this negotiation?

Imagine the scenario where we give pick 5 and next years first to Collingwood for deGoey… what can the Suns demand then? What can they do to stop Rankine getting to the Crows exactly?

Do they tell us that we can’t do the deGoey deal? Are we having our list management run by another club for us?

If we can’t find a deal that costs us less than the maximum, it’s an awful outcome from our trading team.

Let’s say the negotiation cannot be done, they keep saying no, we try our best but it gets us nowhere … we get Rankine in the PSD, Suns get nothing. Not a bad safety net.
I think our club has no problem going to the PSD as we have already proven. With the front loading of his deal it almost seems inevitable unless gc are fair.

Been in the works for quite a while with Bowes leaving, ONLY to a Vic based team, Bombers unlikely apparently, we are not even in the conversation, no doubt we would likely do the deal, he isn't interested in anywhere but VIC. Can absolutely confirm this 100% (I Can't get much on the actual team but clearly the state)
The sooner we have less clubs in Victoria the more even the comp will be. Having lived in Melbourne I honestly don't see the attraction of requesting a trade solely to the city of Melbourne.

The sooner we have less clubs in Victoria the more even the comp will be. Having lived in Melbourne I honestly don't see the attraction of requesting a trade solely to the city of Melbourne.
Yeah its pretty frustrating almost 90% of trades are to Vic clubs.. Not 100% this one is to Mleb the city, I wasn't able to confirm that part, just to VIC, Geelong could very well be the play, Bombers and who he went for as a youngster Saints are both out. Bloody wish we were able to have been in this convo, he would suit us as a player and the pick with it.

View attachment 1519404

That is so ridiculously in the tigers favour its barely even funny..

The Vic media is fxxked.
I don't think hopper is going anywhere. He is contracted. Unless gws get a top 5 pick he is staying. That's why we should dangle our pick 5 and see what Richmond are willing to give up to get their contracted man. Pick 5 for 12,19, Graham and their 2023 2nd may be worth our while. Pick 12 to gc for Rankine which leaves us with 19, 23, Graham and 2 2nds in 2023. Gws would accept pick 5 for Hopper and Richmond's 1st in 2023 for Taranto.

Last edited:
Just read somewhere that Geelong are the front runners....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep , in my mind we’ve decided we want a gamebreaker with match winning traits and are willing to bypass a couple of solid mid types like McKenzie and Jye Clarke to get him

Missing out on phillipou because of it is the main thing that concerns me , I’m hoping we might be able to trade our way back into the early teens and be a chance there too but not sure how it happens

Yeah read that a few times, possibly has some traction to it, i've no idea on the actual club, just VIC as a destination and the 2 (Saints and Bombers) that are ruled out.
Can you imagine if Geelong (Premiers) get Bowes AND pick 7? Something so ****ed about that.

Gws would say * off
The Vic media will soon realise that Hopper is contracted and unless they get a top 5 pick he isn't going anywhere. If they had any brains they would be discussing clubs such as Adelaide that Richmond should be looking to trade with to get hopper. It's a win win for both clubs. Adelaide don't want to give up pick 5 for Rankine(and won't anyway) and the tigers need that pick to pry a contracted player out of gws.

The Vic media will soon realise that Hopper is contracted and unless they get a top 5 pick he isn't going anywhere. If they had any brains they would be discussing clubs such as Adelaide that Richmond should be looking to trade with to get hopper. It's a win win for both clubs. Adelaide don't want to give up pick 5 for Rankine(and won't anyway) and the tigers need that pick to pry a contracted player out of gws.
4 way deal then

Adelaide
in: Rankine & Pick 19 & 57
out: picks 5, 23 & 2023 3rd

Richmond
In: Hopper, pick 23
Out: 12 & 19

GWS
In: pick 5
Out: Hopper & pick 57

GC
In: Pick 12 Crows 2023 3rd