Recommitted Izak Rankine [contracted and staying at Gold Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldnt be worth much more than a second rounder at the moment.

I feel for the Suns here, as he was such a standout junior, he certainly warranted his place in the draft at the time, but he just hasnt come on.

He will always be judged in comparison to the rest of the stars from that draft.

Wouldnt be worth much more than a second rounder at the moment.

I feel for the Suns here, as he was such a standout junior, he certainly warranted his place in the draft at the time, but he just hasnt come on.

He will always be judged in comparison to the rest of the stars from that draft.
No way you would get him for a 2nd.

He plays small forward. Luke Bruest has kicked however many hundred goals in his career and barely gets a touch in half his games these days because small forwards are so reliant on other players bringing them into the game.

No way you would get him for a 2nd.

He plays small forward. Luke Bruest has kicked however many hundred goals in his career and barely gets a touch in half his games these days because small forwards are so reliant on other players bringing them into the game.

So what is he worth then?

I'd give our first without blinking if we could convince him to come west.

He wouldn't get pick 3 anymore, but you'd still be coughing up.

Fair enough. I think thats a heap to give up for someone who at times looks disinterested. it is tough to gauge his worth though playing on the Gold Coast.

Fair enough. I think thats a heap to give up for someone who at times looks disinterested. it is tough to gauge his worth though playing on the Gold Coast.
It's hardly unprecedented though. I don't know the guy at all but assuming in general he has his head screwed on, that level of talent will always keep people interested.

This'll all blow over in a couple of weeks. Rankine was a pretty hard worker this preseason and worked hard during games even when not impacting. Just dropped off (quite) a bit the last few.

He'll smash a couple games out in the reserves, get back in the As and hit the preseason hard again. Next year he'll show marked important as part of an improving team.

Yup, every player has gone through a drop of form at some point.

Outside in, it just looks like that for Izak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That terrible side is above yours on the ladder and has signficantly better long term prospects. Why would he leave one to go to the other?
Why do you think Gold Coast have good long term prospects?

Every pick they take goes backwards, and the club stays terrible. Every. Single. Year.

Meanwhile, the Crows are laying the exact foundations in place for a successful rebuild. Quality kids, good system, strong senior leaders.

Good for you that you are happy with the performance.

Yes, that was easily the worst loss of the year. Nothing really changed my view about Suns and Crows future today. Suns list is loaded with talent. Add Witts and 8 best 22 missing today and they should be more than fine. It could be with or without Dew. Let's see how the clubs go next year. Good luck.
You've always been loaded with talent.

And you've always been s**t.

It just doesn't matter.

Yup, every player has gone through a drop of form at some point.

Outside in, it just looks like that for Izak.
Isn't it a career-long drop of form, though?

That's a hell of a drop.

Hasn't rankine kicked more goals than any Adelaide small forward since Betts 2019?

Trade value for guys that young & talented is not purely form based, a lot of it is projection too.

Hasn't rankine kicked more goals than any Adelaide small forward since Betts 2019?

in the one completed season since 2019? Big stat. Anyway, no, he has not. And talk about the lowest of benchmarks. Fancy using Adelaide small forwards in order to gain a favourable comparison. And then still falling short.

Rankine's absolutely worth a first. Hope he stays with the Suns. Their list is getting there, just need a coaching overhaul IMO.
in the one completed season since 2019? Big stat. Anyway, no, he has not. And talk about the lowest of benchmarks. Fancy using Adelaide small forwards in order to gain a favourable comparison. And then still falling short.
Yes he has.

[

No.

2020:
Rankine (179cm): 12 goals, 12 games
Shane McAdam (181cm): 12 goals, 13 games

2021:
Rankine: 16 goals, 18 games
Shane McAdam: 20 goals, 13 games
I thought McAdam played as a marking forward not a crumbing forward despite his size.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back