Toast Izak Rankine off to Adelaide. Pick 5 obtained as expected

Remove this Banner Ad

As I mentioned earlier, this feels different RE: Rankine, this isn't a young player leaving cause the environment is awful or there is no hope at the Suns. He is leaving because a massive bag of money has been put infront of him that is too good to turn down.

I don't think too many rational people think that Rankine leaving is a sign the Suns are in trouble again, there is enough nuance to understand the differences between Lynch/May wanting out, and Rankine leaving for a payday.

Think it's both. Hope it's OK to post here.
Just my 2c worth in all of this.......We've had more players , and I mean top players, prized out of our club, than any of the other 17 AFL clubs since GC and GWS came in. Imagine how we felt, going through this time after time, in Danger's case, a future Brownlow medallist, over a couple of years of speculation, massive media speculation.....it was ****ing unbearable, for ages. Bock was AA when your club offered him massive cash to leave, he was a massive loss. That was really bloody painful, losing him. Then don't forget Kurt Tippet, Jake Lever (premiership player), Jack Gunston (multiple premiership player), Alex Keath, Phil Davis (Captain and AA player, and grand finalist), Charlie Cameron (bona fide star), Hugh Greenwood, Jarrod Lyons, Brad Crouch (former club champion), the list goes on and on.......... So we know your pain in this more than anyone.
Reality is, that Rankine isn't sounding like leaving the Suns due to poor culture or anything like that. I'm really happy your club looks to be really getting it together. And he clearly likes it there. But he has been a die-hard crows supporter for his whole life. That's not just made up. He trained with us before he was drafted, for a reason. He ****ing loves the crows and it seems now like he's ready to play for us. He instructed his manager to not even take any calls from Port Adelaide, according to Rucci. That's a clear message. There's a reason he has always been touted as coming home, it's because he loves it here. And none of you actually know the realities of his family situation, regardless of the slamming comments I've read on this board. But he obviously wants to be near them, as do many other AFL players, like Dangerfield and Gunston said to us when they left. I've read all of this board's pain over him possibly leaving, and I bloody feel for you all. Our club is doing its darndest to get him while it's still possible. Is it overpaying? Of course. Because that's what you have to do to get the players you really want. Compared to the dozen or more who have recently left us, he's one guy we can actually see as a strong chance to get back. It sucks when you are the target club. But it's not uncommon in AFL these days and as we have had to do so many times, it's beyond any of our control, so you re-set, and move on. We've had to do it endlessly, and we then actually made a GF in the process.
I have no doubt he really likes the gold coast and I'm sure he's very much torn. So time will tell, over the next few weeks, as to what he decides.

Just my 2c worth in all of this.......We've had more players , and I mean top players, prized out of our club, than any of the other 17 AFL clubs since GC and GWS came in. Imagine how we felt, going through this time after time, in Danger's case, a future Brownlow medallist, over a couple of years of speculation, massive media speculation.....it was ****ing unbearable, for ages. Bock was AA when your club offered him massive cash to leave, he was a massive loss. That was really bloody painful, losing him. Then don't forget Kurt Tippet, Jake Lever (premiership player), Jack Gunston (multiple premiership player), Alex Keath, Phil Davis (Captain and AA player, and grand finalist), Charlie Cameron (bona fide star), Hugh Greenwood, Jarrod Lyons, Brad Crouch (former club champion), the list goes on and on.......... So we know your pain in this more than anyone.
Reality is, that Rankine isn't sounding like leaving the Suns due to poor culture or anything like that. I'm really happy your club looks to be really getting it together. And he clearly likes it there. But he has been a die-hard crows supporter for his whole life. That's not just made up. He trained with us before he was drafted, for a reason. He ****ing loves the crows and it seems now like he's ready to play for us. He instructed his manager to not even take any calls from Port Adelaide, according to Rucci. That's a clear message. There's a reason he has always been touted as coming home, it's because he loves it here. And none of you actually know the realities of his family situation, regardless of the slamming comments I've read on this board. But he obviously wants to be near them, as do many other AFL players, like Dangerfield and Gunston said to us when they left. I've read all of this board's pain over him possibly leaving, and I bloody feel for you all. Our club is doing its darndest to get him while it's still possible. Is it overpaying? Of course. Because that's what you have to do to get the players you really want. Compared to the dozen or more who have recently left us, he's one guy we can actually see as a strong chance to get back. It sucks when you are the target club. But it's not uncommon in AFL these days and as we have had to do so many times, it's beyond any of our control, so you re-set, and move on. We've had to do it endlessly, and we then actually made a GF in the process.
I have no doubt he really likes the gold coast and I'm sure he's very much torn. So time will tell, over the next few weeks, as to what he decides.
I’m sure Izak has a soft spot of the Crows but let’s be clear if the $$$ were the same he wouldn’t even be considering leaving. So his love is conditional on being massively overpaid. This isn’t a homesick, family, love of another club scenario it’s all about money any other stuff is a bonus not the driver.

I also think he will be great for the Crows as an excitement machine in the vein of Eddy Betts assuming he continues to develop

BTW anyone respectful ( as you have been) is welcome to post on our board the mods are chill if you play a straight bat

No offence ,But if Rankine ends up back in Adelaide I hope it's with Port.
I wouldn't want the Crows over paying for someone who's extremely over rated.
He has a bad habit of trying to make the easy look hard, That's why he's kicked 40 goals 42 points in he's career.
Not the stats of a star. He tries to do the magical things like Eddie Betts but hasn't got the talent of Eddies little toe.
He needs to be able to kick basic goals which he struggles to do.
I must admit my post from a couple of months ago was crap, Just the frustration of a few near miss bets. Truth is 800 grand a year for Rankine at his best is going to be a bargain, The last time I've felt so excited about the possibility of getting a player to Adelaide was Eddie Betts. Rankine, Rachelle, Fogarty, Thilthorpe and Tex would go well together up forward.

If it was about returning home to the city and team ‘he ******* loves’ then you could have offered him the same or even less money than us.

Instead you have gone and laid down a top 10 in the league type deal.

He may well love Adelaide, but if he’s going back, it’s because you’re offering the deal of a lifetime.

If it was about returning home to the city and team ‘he ******* loves’ then you could have offered him the same or even less money than us.

Instead you have gone and laid down a top 10 in the league type deal.

He may well love Adelaide, but if he’s going back, it’s because you’re offering the deal of a lifetime.

Ha ha
Descartian logic on Big Footy
Not welcome Sir!
This is the natural habitat of the “Because I said so “ argument

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So clearly then there will be no bitching when we ask for pick 4 and a half decent player in return.
Cool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Crows buddy at work who is also a Suns member nearly chocked when I relayed your proposal. He said Himmelburg is a dud.
He further said you must be taking the piss.
You did say half decent, Just an example and he has actually played a couple of good games this year. Lack of forwards ain't a problem at the Crows especially if we land Rankine and Unfortunately for the sun's when someone wants out to go home ya not going to get what you want.

My comment wasn't meant to be disrespectful just letting you know what to expect. As a Crows fan I'm we'll aware of losing top players to the go home factor. Any way that's the way the cookie crumbles
Except its not really a go home factor is it, he isn't begging to leave. Crows have just dumped a huge bag of cash in his lap, if the offer was the same and he was asking to leave then it could be attributed to go home factor.

Who da fook is that guy?

Some of these other boards must be mental...

I would have logged off years ago.
Yeah there’s some pretty out there people on these boards, I found the Adelaide one to be quite okay if you are respectful on the board however like all clubs there’s a few Dick heads that like to troll on ops boards

Indeed, The rest of you need to stop biting though.

I've been reliablely informed that they were a problem for other teams in previous off seasons also
Can I just say as a supporter of a club who have lost more than their fair share of players, having opposition supporters come on sprouting s**t is beyond annoying, its idiotic and they should cop a big ban. I couldn't stand it when we traded with Carlton.

Can I just say as a supporter of a club who have lost more than their fair share of players, having opposition supporters come on sprouting s**t is beyond annoying, its idiotic and they should cop a big ban. I couldn't stand it when we traded with Carlton.
Yeah Carlton were pretty bad, i waited for that trade period with jack martin to be over before i made an account.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back