Traded Izak Rankine traded to Adelaide with #46 & F4 (Freo) for #5, F3 & F4

Remove this Banner Ad

The Crows hold Picks 5 and 23 - and the Suns will almost certainly ask that Pick 5 be part of the deal. It wouldn’t surprise if they also asked for another first-rounder to be involved, considering Rankine was, firstly, a first-round draftee himself and, secondly, a brilliant goalsneak that showed more than glimpses in 2022.
Imagine what GWS will be asking for for Tim Taranto. Pick 2, B&F winner, 7 years deal to Richmond, multiple times in the top 3 as well.

Clubs can ask, but they don't always get.

Forgive my potential ignorance/crows bias but shouldn’t Rankine to the Crows come at a discount considering the salary cap position the Suns are in? They’re losing presumably 600k from their cap with Izak leaving and are still in such trouble that they need to offer pick 7 to get Bowes off their list and their salary cap sorted. Why aren’t these issues related?

Forgive my potential ignorance/crows bias but shouldn’t Rankine to the Crows come at a discount considering the salary cap position the Suns are in? They’re losing presumably 600k from their cap with Izak leaving and are still in such trouble that they need to offer pick 7 to get Bowes off their list and their salary cap sorted. Why aren’t these issues related?
Nah.. that would only be the case if he was going to a Vic club..

See tarranto and hopper with Richmond/gws..

Suns havent got huge salary cap issues.. they just need to offload a coiple of massive contracts is all…

Remember when I told you all;

Contract is $850-900k and deal will be minimum pick 5 + more.

...and all the Crows fans laughed.

Chickens. Home. Roost.
So.. are you still sticking to your original trade deal claim of;

Pick 5 + rachele + fog

for

Rankine?..

Or are have you joined the rest of us saying it will be pick 5 with some give and take with a later pick?

Him being uncontracted is already a discount as with trading of other uncontracted player. If not, we probably would have given them pick 5 instead of pick 10-15.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They want Rankine and will be able to pay him - even if they have to dump a few salary’s. Bowes is getting pushed out because he isn’t very good.

Hence he hasn't proven he is worth pick 6, pick 10-15 given his current output.
Again, time will tell

I think you are kidding yourself if you believe the recruiting team aren't taking into account how much improvement they think they have in them and how high they believe their ceiling is when valuing them

Its exactly why he's been offered such a big deal I'd say and I'm sure it will show in the value of the trade once it's conpleted

Again, time will tell

I think you are kidding yourself if you believe the recruiting team aren't taking into account how much improvement they think they have in them and how high they believe their ceiling is when valuing them

Its exactly why he's been offered such a big deal I'd say and I'm sure it will show in the value of the trade once it's conpleted
Again, $700-750K isn't a "big" contract.

How many players will be on $700-750K?
I reckon it will be a big contract at Adelaide
Sloane and Laird are on $800-850K and will be the only 2 listed players reportedly on the $800K-$1M bracket. Walker and surprisingly RoB (maybe Smith as well) will be on $700-750K which by industry standard isn't that much and why the AFL consider this borderline on the lower end of a band 1 compensation.

Last edited:
It is for a small fwd who has not produced yet and all based on potential. Betts was on that money and he is one of the best small fwds ever.
Betts signed at $500K but that was over 9 years ago and he wasn't an established elite small forward yet so $650K is about right for Rankine given his current output which was the amount GCS offered so another $50-100K to get him to move isn't that much considering the current market.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back