Traded Izak Rankine traded to Adelaide with #46 & F4 (Freo) for #5, F3 & F4

Remove this Banner Ad

lol..it was a big missed opportunity from Reid. Port were after a top 5 pick and its no stretch to think their 8 and 33 for 5 would have worked for example before the big multiclub deal got underway. Then the crows could have rolled 8 and a future 3rd to GC and that would be the deal with us getting a decent 2nd back in the port trade
That was never happening

lol..it was a big missed opportunity from Reid. Port were after a top 5 pick and its no stretch to think their 8 and 33 for 5 would have worked for example before the big multiclub deal got underway. Then the crows could have rolled 8 and a future 3rd to GC and that would be the deal with us getting a decent 2nd back in the port trade

Only matters if MM goes earlier than expected. 33 would be for points as is 46.

Let’s hope he drops to 35 or lower

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Izak is the first EVER SA boy to come home from the Suns and it took making a small forward your highest paid player. See you in 3 years Izak once Riccutuo has broken you, 4th rounder
To be fair, you have only drafted two that we actually had any interest in, Rankine and Luko. So we have got 50% of the SA boys we have ever wanted.

Did you just admit to salary cap breaches via Mark Ricciuto? Are you telling me he is luring players with equity in his business ventures?
Adelaide never broke the salery cap. They never have. They found a sponsor for Tippet because the little Gold Coast sook wanted some extra money, and it was us SA peeps that really suffered as we had to put up with those stupid Balfour's adverts for three years everywhere we went.
And for what it's worth, Gold Coast are the last supporter base that should be talking about salery caps. You basically didn't have one for the first five years with the AFL paying million dollar wages for NRL converts and big time players like Ablett as Marque players and brand ambassadors.
You are still on the AFL teet with your academy, extra list spots and priority picks.
Gold Coast supporters should just sit in the corner and be quiet. You are basically another AFLW teams that the other clubs have to subsidise.

Seems to be a lot of generational talent around at the moment

Must be very short generations
He actually is. Youngest kid to play SANFL seniors football. Single handly destroyed teams in the U18 Champs (I was at some of those games and was sitting with the scouts and heard what they were saying about him.
Injuries are what have held him back so far. Only someone without any knowledge of football would doubt his talent.

This is probably the one thing that the AFL would be concerned about.

Melbourne is Melbourne.

Atmosphere at Adelaide and Perth is huge.

When the Swans and Lions are up and about their grounds are rocking (albeit I’ve never been).

But GWS and GC do not, and are a long way from having the atmosphere that these guys would have dreamed of playing in front of.

How they fix that I don’t know. Just throwing money at the problem won’t solve it.
But, but meh Fishbowl???

And yet it was Richmond's small forwards that everyone claim was the secret to their flags. Don't change Big Footy.

It was Richmond's pressure (inc from small forwards) that was considered the secret to their success.

Neither Rankine nor Rachele are especially noted for their manic pressure.

To be fair, you have only drafted two that we actually had any interest in, Rankine and Luko. So we have got 50% of the SA boys we have ever wanted.
The way Luko has turned out I think we might have 100% of the SA boys we'd now want.

He actually is. Youngest kid to play SANFL seniors football. Single handly destroyed teams in the U18 Champs (I was at some of those games and was sitting with the scouts and heard what they were saying about him.
Injuries are what have held him back so far. Only someone without any knowledge of football would doubt his talent.
No he's not, both Izak and JHF have the potential and talent to be top 10 players in the AFL but this generational talent talk is over the top for both players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're dreaming again, more chance he moves to the club that drafts brother Ollie than Adelaide now
That wasn't the question though..who would we like at GC that is SA to lure back and hollands has SA connections and was a crows supporter growing up...thats all. Whether he is gettable is a totally different thing

It was Richmond's pressure (inc from small forwards) that was considered the secret to their success.

Neither Rankine nor Rachele are especially noted for their manic pressure.
Umm, if the Crows were rated for anything this season it was their manic pressure. Rankine and Rach will fit right into that. In the next few years if you are playing the Crows you will want to have a high level defence or our forwards will cut you to pieces.

No he's not, both Izak and JHF have the potential and talent to be top 10 players in the AFL but this generational talent talk is over the top for both players
I'm talking about what he has done through his career so far. What he did as a Jr was generational, in that hardly and small forward displayed what he did. The only thing that has hurt him in the AFL has been injuries. With Burgess at the helm, he sky's the limit.
Plus, we are talking about a generational "talent", not generational career.

This is a really good win for the crows. It should make for some exciting showdown goal fests in the the next few years!

I'm expecting goal of the year contenders from both teams every year!!!

Adelaide never broke the salery cap. They never have. They found a sponsor for Tippet because the little Gold Coast sook wanted some extra money, and it was us SA peeps that really suffered as we had to put up with those stupid Balfour's adverts for three years everywhere we went.
And for what it's worth, Gold Coast are the last supporter base that should be talking about salery caps. You basically didn't have one for the first five years with the AFL paying million dollar wages for NRL converts and big time players like Ablett as Marque players and brand ambassadors.
You are still on the AFL teet with your academy, extra list spots and priority picks.
Gold Coast supporters should just sit in the corner and be quiet. You are basically another AFLW teams that the other clubs have to subsidise.

This sentence says a lot about you as a person.

Secondly, if we want the Suns expansion to be successful I would suggest the fans of our club should be doing the absolute opposite of this. Don't be a pig.

This sentence says a lot about you as a person.

Secondly, if we want the Suns expansion to be successful I would suggest the fans of our club should be doing the absolute opposite of this. Don't be a pig.
Oh please.
The other AFL clubs don't owe GCS success. The AFL only owe you the same thing every other club is owed. You have been mismanaged, done poor deals on the trade table and stuffed your salery cap up which has led to you needing to offload Bowes even after saving 650k with Rankine leaving.
When you were on the bottom for a couple of years the AFL threw the kitchen sink at you. Top 2 PP, another mid first and late first also. Not happy with giving you excessive picks you also got to prelist academy kids, got Darwin added to your academy area and got an extended list. What did Carlton get? What did North get? What did Brisbane get?
Yes, you need to sit back and not bitch about what you arnt getting. You are the spoilt child.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back