Draft Profile Izak Rankine

Remove this Banner Ad

Schache was a * with his reasoning for leaving being labeled a mental health concern...So while he signed, a few of us still had doubts that signature meant much more than ink on paper.
Fair enough. We lost Hamling straight after a premiership to homesickness, his dad was ill so we ended up letting him go for unders. It just happens sometimes.

On Brisbane - are you guys 100% looking for mids in the upcoming draft?

Fair enough. We lost Hamling straight after a premiership to homesickness, his dad was ill so we ended up letting him go for unders. It just happens sometimes.

That's the talk.

That's the talk.
It's unfortunate in the superdraft flush for talls it seems there are plenty of clubs set to finish in the bottom 6 that need mids.
Lions, Bulldogs and Essendon need running types more than talls. Rankine, if his attitude passes the test, would be perfect for us as he could start forward and slowly build midfield time as he develops.

I think it's pretty strong that Brisbane will go for Walsh. He is a mad Brisbane fan by all accounts.
There's a definite groundswell on our board for Walsh, especially from a core group often viewed as in the know about club goings on. Has been there since the beginning of the year.

There's a definite groundswell on our board for Walsh, especially from a core group often viewed as in the know about club goings on. Has been there since the beginning of the year.

Also if you listen to Cal Twomey a lot, he's almost been campaigning Walsh to Brisbane.

Agree with this. Bris will look to the midfield.

Rankine might be the more likely option to end up at one of the S.A. clubs as I reckon Carlton & StKilda will be in to the KPP's (Lukosious & Kings).

G.C.? It all rides on what Lynch does, otherwise Bris might have some competition for Walsh. If Lynch leaves they will also be in to the KPP's.

Looks like we'll be signing a tall KPP that we had as a development player as a Cat B rookie shortly so yeah, extra focus on fast mids I suspect!

Agree with this. Bris will look to the midfield.

Rankine might be the more likely option to end up at one of the S.A. clubs as I reckon Carlton & StKilda will be in to the KPP's (Lukosious & Kings).

G.C.? It all rides on what Lynch does, otherwise Bris might have some competition for Walsh. If Lynch leaves they will also be in to the KPP's.

StKIlda needs midfielders and more midfielders.

Who are St Kildas gun key forwards? Id be stunned if they didnt take one of the Kings both are local boys with outstanding talent.

Agree. I reckon one of Bruce or Membrey are on borrowed time.

What the hell happened to Membrey, he was one of if not the best set shot in the league not that long ago, can't hit the side of a barn now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are St Kildas gun key forwards? Id be stunned if they didnt take one of the Kings both are local boys with outstanding talent.

Who are their midfielders outside of Stevens and Ross.

Who are their midfielders outside of Stevens and Ross.

Newnes, Weller, Steele, Armitage, Dunstan, Sinclair plus the new draftees and Billings/Gresham on rotation. Obviously could be a lot better but not as dire as their lack of forwards.

The Saints would be mad to not take one of the Kings if at 3 or 4, probably Ben tbh, as he can play at both ends and isn't coming off the knee. These boys don't come around every year.

As has been said, they traded out of the 2016 draft, so essentially 2016 & 2017 have been devoted to midfielders. In Coffield & Clark.

I just think Walsh is probably the clear #1 midfielder at the moment, Thomas on form is probably #2, but they don't have access to him, the next batch of midfielders aren't top 4 worthy at the moment.

I just think King being a Sandi boy as well is a better option than Rankine or Hill for them, unless they go the Bytel, Smith or Hately route, but they aren't top 4 at the moment, more 6-12.

This is where live trading may come into effect. They could actually trade down into that pick 10 range and still get one of the best 5 midfielders, a local boy like Smith and potentially get another second rounder in the process

Newnes, Weller, Steele, Armitage, Dunstan, Sinclair plus the new draftees and Billings/Gresham on rotation. Obviously could be a lot better but not as dire as their lack of forwards.

I stand by my opinion - StKilda lack class players, especially in the midfield - Who is their X factor ?

Rankine was interviewed on the news tonight.

Massive crows fan.

Wants to stay at home in Adl.

Eddie Betts is his hero.

Wants to play for the crows

Draft him and make Adelaide pay double a year later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back