Draft Profile Izak Rankine

Remove this Banner Ad

Rankine was interviewed on the news tonight.

Massive crows fan.

Wants to stay at home in Adl.

Eddie Betts is his hero.

Wants to play for the crows

Arh ..the loss to the Giants makes a lot more sense ;)

He may be lucky.. he may also just have to tough it out. The Crows would have to do some serious trading to get him

we need everything bar backmen. we've got about 30 back flankers on our list and carlisle/austin/marshall/goddard/clavarino/brown/robbo to cover the key spots..

Membrey is a high quality marking forward, AA potential if he can kick straight..

If McCartin comes on (and it's a big if) we should be ok for forwards.. if not a king would definitely help in that area, but at the same time we have marshall, paddy, battle, membrey as possible key forwards.. if we were to get another you'd bloody well hope they come good and cement a spot. Key forwards can't play many other positions, where as midfielders can tuck into a 22 easily.

we definitely need explosive inside/out mids like smith, walsh, dawkins.. probably in that order

could also do with another small forward, and rankine would be very very hard to pass up, rozee also would be a good get

I feel like this is the year the saints really need to pick on a needs+talent basis, and we need mids. We need gut running good footballers. I hope we get Smith.

that said, if lukosious falls to us take him and ruuuuuuuuuuuuun

Went to watch him yesterday.

Was the Good, Bad and Ugly all within an hour. Kicked 3.3 but gave away 2 game defining free kicks in the last quarter that resulted in a 27 point 3/4 time lead into a 1 point loss.

Speaking to some Westies fans post game, they don't like his attitude.

Obviously many rumours on his attitude but I want him so much. Although I feel like he’ll be like Brown, Stringer, Akermanis. Have a great highlights reel with us and leave us in unsavoury circumstances.

Obviously many rumours on his attitude but I want him so much. Although I feel like he’ll be like Brown, Stringer, Akermanis. Have a great highlights reel with us and leave us in unsavoury circumstances.

Looks like he is going to tank the interviews with non-South Australian clubs or essentially tell 16 clubs that he is not willing to play for them.

Looks like he is going to tank the interviews with non-South Australian clubs or essentially tell 16 clubs that he is not willing to play for them.

If that's the case then the AFL should step in and he should be made ineligible from the draft altogether.

The kid is obviously unbelievably arrogant and is going to be problematic no matter where he lands.

I take these rumors with a grain of salt. Much the same was speculated re Cam Rayner last season, he has already signed a 2 year extension and has fitted in fantastically with the boys and is loving it up here.

I take these rumors with a grain of salt. Much the same was speculated re Cam Rayner last season, he has already signed a 2 year extension and has fitted in fantastically with the boys and is loving it up here.
Sorry Jpm, don't agree with you here. Reckon there's more to it with this fella.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry Jpm, don't agree with you here. Reckon there's more to it with this fella.

I'd point out to the lad that if Adelaide & Port want him as bad as he wants them then they can trade up to get him.

If they don't, then I would point out to him that they rated others better.

Some dumb logic right there....

I suppose an Adelaide supporter might see it that way, but if you think clubs are going to pick someone they don't rate the best player, then you are the one exhibiting the dumbest logic possible.

There's no box with the option of nominating a club on a form 11 for any player nominating for the draft.

The player will go where he's told to go, or they won't play AFL football. End of story.

Last edited:
I suppose an Adelaide supporter might see it that way, but if you think clubs are going to pick someone they don't rate the best player, then you are the one exhibiting the dumbest logic possible.

There's no box with the option of nominating a club on a form 11 for any player nominating for the draft.

The player will go where he's told to go, or they won't play AFL football. End of story.
Until the AFL come out and enforce this, I can easily see clubs letting the kid slide. Who wants to pick a kid who will sulk and walk out after 2 years.

Would love this guy at Freo but with all the chat about him wanting to stay in SA it could be a dangerous move. To be honest at least the Victorian clubs are getting a small taste of what clubs outside of Victoria have to deal with on a yearly basis, also wouldn't mind a few WA kids doing this

Hadn't seen him til just now but he was mighty impressive. Would love to see him at the Crows as he won't have that go home factor which would be bloody refreshing for a change.
pretty special isnt he? I reckon you will need a pick inside 3 to get him. Even then, he could go 1....

pretty special isnt he? I reckon you will need a pick inside 3 to get him. Even then, he could go 1....
Yeah I don't know how we'll get him but I guess this is the year we'll have numerous high picks so potential to trade up, also talk of certain players wanting out also gives potentially more. Certainly landing a talent like that would soften the blow. I dont usually follow the draft stuff much but I enjoyed watching the finals of the U18's before, game had more fluency than most AFL matches lol.

this bloke is a freak. Could he go number 1?
Against him is his size and scope for endurance, according to talking heads on the radio.

For him is nobody moves like he does. Sure he's a beautiful user of the ball and very good overhead for his size, but that movement through traffic. If he stepped into the AFL system tomorrow he would start making defenders look silly this week.

I still think JL goes no 1 but Rankine will be the kid everyone watches next year.

I think he'll go #1. Freak talents like that are easily just as valuable as any key forward.

this bloke is a freak. Could he go number 1?

Doubt it clubs always value talls more at the early end of the draft so Lukosious should go no1. Be surprised if Rankine is not top 5 though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back