Draft Profile Izak Rankine

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't see either of Carlton or Gold Coast taking him at pick 1 or 2. You would think Carlton take Walsh and Gold Coast would be pumped to land Lukoscious at 2.

The Lions at 3 could go either way, an inside mid like Smith would make for an impressive long term combination with McCluggage, Berry and possibly Witherden and Raynar. However, I think pairing one of the King boys with Hipwood would be too tempting for the Lions.

The Saints I think are in the most need for class. I think if available at 4 they won't pass on him.

I can't see either of Carlton or Gold Coast taking him at pick 1 or 2. You would think Carlton take Walsh and Gold Coast would be pumped to land Lukoscious at 2.

The Lions at 3 could go either way, an inside mid like Smith would make for an impressive long term combination with McCluggage, Berry and possibly Witherden and Raynar. However, I think pairing one of the King boys with Hipwood would be too tempting for the Lions.

The Saints I think are in the most need for class. I think if available at 4 they won't pass on him.
From what Noble and Swann have said in recent interviews we'll be going for a midfielder with our 1st selection, would be stoked to get Bailey Smith or Izak Rankine I'm very bullish about Connor Rozee if the Suns end up with band 1 compensation for Lynch and we end up in front of the Saints as well.

The only tall I'd take would be Lukosius if he miraculously slid to and we had pick 3, I'm not a fan of the 2 meter plus key forwards who dominate at under age level due to their physical advantages and lack of numbers in the forward half.

That would be an awesome haul for the Suns, if the Blues take Lukosius I'd be expecting you to take Walsh and Smith.

I'd like you to take one or both of the King twins though.:D;)
Not sure why there is no love for the King twins - draft scribes are rating them very very highly and for the lower end clubs without key defenders and key forwards, these guys look to be ideal. Obviously port and the crows are keen to nab the top end SA talent, however if Luko and Rankine and Rozee were not top 10 material, I would have no problems if the crows picked one or both of the king twins if they ended up at our pick

Not sure why there is no love for the King twins - draft scribes are rating them very very highly and for the lower end clubs without key defenders and key forwards, these guys look to be ideal. Obviously port and the crows are keen to nab the top end SA talent, however if Luko and Rankine and Rozee were not top 10 material, I would have no problems if the crows picked one or both of the king twins if they ended up at our pick
I think your club might pick 1 king , after two years can exchange him with ( Rankine , Rozee) , your club can really develop KPP talent like no other club .

I just don't like those 2 meter plus KPFs who dominate at underage level which could be largely down to size advantage and less numbers in defense than they'll encounter at AFL level, too risky for me, Lukosius has far more to offer IMO.

I'm a huge fan of Connor Rozee and would take him no hesitations if Lukosius, Smith, Walsh and Rankine are gone.

Pretty much what jason pm has said.

We need mids and more mids and small defenders at the Lions. We have an abundance of young talls from our academy developing in our NEAFL team.

We also figure GC will take the first round compo pick for Lynch leaving.

Pretty much what jason pm has said.

We need mids and more mids and small defenders at the Lions. We have an abundance of young talls from our academy developing in our NEAFL team.

We also figure GC will take the first round compo pick for Lynch leaving.

The top 6 are the golden 6

Inn any order no one can loose
Rankine
King
King
lukousos
walsh
smith

all 200 plus players and 100% foolproof

If I was Goldcoast the king twins save there bacon either twin towers or back and forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of GC or Bris will go above us this week so we should end up with Pick 3 unless something amazing happens.

One of GC or Bris will go above us this week so we should end up with Pick 3 unless something amazing happens.
Could end up a draw, last time 5 point difference.

EFA: my bad did not know St Kilda % are worse that Lions .

From what Noble and Swann have said in recent interviews we'll be going for a midfielder with our 1st selection, would be stoked to get Bailey Smith or Izak Rankine I'm very bullish about Connor Rozee if the Suns end up with band 1 compensation for Lynch and we end up in front of the Saints as well.

The only tall I'd take would be Lukosius if he miraculously slid to and we had pick 3, I'm not a fan of the 2 meter plus key forwards who dominate at under age level due to their physical advantages and lack of numbers in the forward half.
Conole said in a interview he would take best available and mentioned 3 plàyers he would take at pick 1 Luko Walsh and Rankine

Rankine
King
King
lukousos
walsh
smith

If I was Goldcoast the king twins save there bacon either twin towers or back and forward

I disagree as I think the King twins hold some risk as the success rate of 200cm+ high draft pick players has not been brilliant in the last 5 to 10 years.

I disagree as I think the King twins hold some risk as the success rate of 200cm+ high draft pick players has not been brilliant in the last 5 to 10 years.
You have to look at exposed form of the players - not what other kids have gone on to do. I mentioned on our own board that if it fell that if we traded up and have secured Rankine, I would have not problems at at all with selecting Ben King if he is still on the board if we still hold a top 10 pick as he looks the ideal foil for Talia as a long term key defender, or even Talia's eventual replacement. This kid can seriously play like his brother and any team selecting him at the very top end of the draft will have got a very very good player imo

And as for his brother Max..did his ACL but before that he was touted as pick 1 in this draft
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-23/scans-confirm-acl-for-no1-pick-contender-king

Rankine
King
King
lukousos
walsh
smith

If they do turn out good then it will be a marketers dream

Rankine
King
King
lukousos
walsh
smith

Dunno about that. Rankine strikes me as an uber flog type with massive tickets on himself.

Sure he has all the talent in the world, but so does Harley Bennell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back