Traded Izak Rankine traded to Adelaide with #46 & F4 (Freo) for #5, F3 & F4

The Rocks

Senior List
Nov 17, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd imagine 2023 1st rounder before this year's, as I said. Drafting an A-Grade midfielder is a MUST.

The biggest difference between the Dangerflog trade and this one is, Adelaide could pick him up via the PSD. Although risky at $800 000 is that a risk anyone wants?

On SM-A528B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Daka

Premium Platinum
Nov 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
Pick #4 seems fair for Izak Rankine & maybe a swap of later picks.

I think Crows fans will need to get their head around that they are going to have to depart with there first.
I would do the deal everyday of the week Adelaide need some quality in their team.

Go the Guts

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Mighty Double Blues
Missed the point entirely. Crows fans are delusional if they don’t think that the ridiculous contract offer is the main reason he’s leaving the suns
Loving seeing this kind of squirming these last 2 years as we start to attract elite talent who choose Adelaide over Port, after the bollocking we copped from you mob over losing so many players, and you becoming the 'SA destination club' for such supreme talents as Fantasia, Watts, Motlop, Rockliff, Polec, Toumpas, Lycett, Finlayson and Mayes. The reality is, you have zero idea of what is going on in Rankine's head, as does everyone else here.

Last edited:

Go the Guts

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Mighty Double Blues
Pick #4 seems fair for Izak Rankine & maybe a swap of later picks.

I think Crows fans will need to get their head around that they are going to have to depart with there first.
I would do the deal everyday of the week Adelaide need some quality in their team.

I think 90% of us have.

The Rocks

Senior List
Nov 17, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
After the Carmichael debacle. I don't trust our recruiting team any more and they must do a "North"

Let somebody else bring in Rankine, JHF and an A-Grade midfielder!

I hear Rendell is available!

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Definitely think the Crows have considerably more exciting kids/youth than Port these days if we are talking about which SA club (potentially) has a more promising on field future.
Adelaide do need to try find an long term replacement for Tex to help Thilthorpe in the Key Position Player stocks.

And a better Ruckman too.

Their young midfield is actually better/more promising that I thought.

Still not sold on Nicks as coach at all, i think the Crows should aim for at least 10 wins next season or give him the flick (esp if they get Rankine)

Crows fans should be optimistic about their on field future.

May 8, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Definitely think the Crows have considerably more exciting kids/youth than Port these days if we are talking about which SA club (potentially) has a more promising on field future.
Adelaide do need to try find an long term replacement for Tex to help Thilthorpe in the Key Position Player stocks.

And a better Ruckman too.

Their young midfield is actually better/more promising that I thought.

Still not sold on Nicks as coach at all, i think the Crows should aim for at least 10 wins next season or give him the flick (esp if they get Rankine)

Crows fans should be optimistic about their on field future.
We already have, His name is Darcy Fogarty

Maybe its a 3 club deal that gets it done IF there is no consensus on pick 4 as a straight swap from one or both clubs.
At this point in time, both the AFC and the GCS Clubs need to take a step back and reflect on the bigger picture and that is a kid that is alone without the family structures in place to provide him with the support, guidance and leadership that he needs to become the man that he aspires to be.

Sometimes football should come secondary this is one of those times, the Suns need to display compassion and let the kid return home.

Pick 4 is plenty and then some.

LoBu

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sometimes we look back to understand what is happening right now.

From 12 years ago we discover that the Gold Coast and the AFL brought this situation on themselves...

"Adelaide's offer to Bock was not on the same page as the money offered by the Suns, he said.

"In this case, we weren't even in the same library," Trigg said.

Craig disliked the culture being created by the arrival of the rich new AFL entities.

"Welcome to a new world of AFL footy, that is the culture that the AFL are about to create ... they need to take responsibility for that," Craig said.

Bock said the Suns' offer was too good to turn down."

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

scoops

Senior List
May 16, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm now convinced this is going to be an unmitigated disaster for Adelaide.

He's got toxic family in SA, manager doesn't think it's a good idea. I know for a fact his mates back home are bad news. Offering him $900k. He hates pressure and spotlight.

No threat of PSD cos Rankine doesn't want to but even if he does well let North take him.

Two first round picks has to be our minimum based off what they're offering him.

Don't get it twisted cows, he wanted to stay. He's coming home for money. This ends badly for the Crows camp (and Crows camps never end well).
the salt emanating off this is remarkable. back to 17th for you champ.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Was dominated by Hardwick who hasnt been beaten all year yet noone would rate, outside of Hawthorn.

If the Crows think Rankine is the answer then they asked a dumb question. Front runners dont drag teams off the bottom of the ladder.

The Crows have the cap space, and giben they have had trouble attracting decent SA talent to the club in recent years (Dawson last year aside) and especially coming from the disaster fall out of the Pre Season Camp and Eddie Betts revelations, I can only think from a club morale and PR perspective (especially for their long suffering supporters) trading for/signing Rankine is really bad thing for their club now (even if they pay ovees wage wise)

They got to sell, hope, vision and ambition to their fans/members.

Naturally the onus is on Rankine to live up to his potential and wage (if/when) he joins the Crows.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was dominated by Hardwick who hasnt been beaten all year yet noone would rate, outside of Hawthorn.

If the Crows think Rankine is the answer then they asked a dumb question. Front runners dont drag teams off the bottom of the ladder.
Good player is hardwick. What rankine will allow is for rachele to move to more of a midfield role going forward if rankine ends up coming. He will allow us to be more flexible and of course will need the oppo's best small defender to take him.

No, but we have others to assist with dragging us off the bottom. After all, tough but lacks quality/class is as fair of descriptor as any for 2022 Crows.

The Crows have the cap space, and giben they have had trouble attracting decent SA talent to the club in recent years (Dawson last year aside) and especially coming from the disaster fall out of the Pre Season Camp and Eddie Betts revelations, I can only think from a club morale and PR perspective (especially for their long suffering supporters) trading for/signing Rankine is really bad thing for their club now (even if they pay ovees wage wise)

They got to sell, hope, vision and ambition to their fans/members.

Naturally the onus is on Rankine to live up to his potential and wage (if/when) he joins the Crows.

You're three years too late for that one. After all, it (along with a litany of other issues, seeing the club likely had its fracture points pre-grand final 2017) ended up triggering our implosion in 2019 if we're talking about on-field repercussions.

It might finally force Roo out, but that's the only real impact it could have. Every other major player off-field is long gone.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
At this point in time, both the AFC and the GCS Clubs need to take a step back and reflect on the bigger picture and that is a kid that is alone without the family structures in place to provide him with the support, guidance and leadership that he needs to become the man that he aspires to be.

Sometimes football should come secondary this is one of those times, the Suns need to display compassion and let the kid return home.

Pick 4 is plenty and then some.

Isnt his family toxic .... GC would be crazy to let him go unless ...

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
I'd imagine 2023 1st rounder before this year's, as I said. Drafting an A-Grade midfielder is a MUST.

The biggest difference between the Dangerflog trade and this one is, Adelaide could pick him up via the PSD. Although risky at $800 000 is that a risk anyone wants?

I’ll be shocked if you keep this years 1st. Is Dangerfield a flog for walking out on your club? So does Rankine become Rankineflog?

Back