J.Mcgovern Vs Weitering

J.Mcgovern or Weitering

• J.Mcgovern

Votes: 29 42.0%
  • Weitering

Votes: 40 58.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't heard of the first one. But saw Weitering play last week and he was awful. Like D grade awful.

Weitering is being played out of position and doesn't really have the forward craft to succeed up there (at least not anywhere near the level he is as a defender). Which is fine because he's a gun defender which is what he was drafted to be. It actually reminds me of when Hurley was being played forward. He occasionally showed some good signs but could never get the consistency of performance up there. Harry Taylor right now is another example.

McGovern is just a straight up gun and is probably the second best key defender in the comp right now and is actually very good up forward too. Obviously he is fully physically developed which makes this poll really unfair as well.

If I had a choice between either based on future potential I would still take McGovern. Just way safer choice. Can't go wrong. He's already established and is just a contested marking machine. Weitering could end up better - but not much better.

From the moment Weitering debuted you could tell he was all class. Going to become one of the greats. Love watching him play. McGovern is also one of my favorites and a dead set gun. Even as an eagle fan I think by end of their careers Weitering may become better.

Back