J Riewoldt vs N Riewoldt

Remove this Banner Ad

If you could have both from the start, I'd still have Nick.

He's far more versatile, in that he can go up the ground and still have a huge impact. You'll see him on the wing all the time as he's run up the ground, and he'll then just pump it back into the forward line and while all the attention is somewhere else, he'll be busting his gut running back to the forward line.

Jack, while kicking more goals, is a stay at home forward, and they're slightly easier to find than your Riewoldt/Pavlich/Brown types.

Always a tough one, Nick is a better CHF, Jack's a better FF, so it really depends on team needs.

Jack's goal kicking is really what makes him an elite player, has kicked 25.6 this year. If he had Nick's accuracy that would be more like 17.14 and suddenly he is back amongst all the other key forwards. But yeah, I just reckon it would depend what the team needs.

Right now? Over their careers? By the end of their careers? Going forward?

This is pretty straight forward I would have thought.
We all know Nick's achieved more and is still the better player on paper.
We all know you'd take Jack for the next decade moving forward.

(Jack on current form).

Is he? Jack's a better mark and a much better kick.

Yeah? And Nicks got a huge tank is a better lead up forward, can play all over the ground and is captain of his club?

Also, Nick is a great mark when his delivery is good. Watch the 2009 Preliminary Final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ideally you could have both. jack plays the true deep forward position whereas nick's your endurance centre half forward.

if jack can keep up his current form he'll end up being as good of a player as nick. nick has done it for an extended period though.

nick is definitely the better player for this reason, but jack is catching up very quickly

It irks me that we could have had the chance to have Jack and Nick. Armo is helpful especially now we've lost Lenny, but having Jack in our team for the drawn Grand Final would've pushed us over the line.

If you could have both from the start, I'd still have Nick.

He's far more versatile, in that he can go up the ground and still have a huge impact. You'll see him on the wing all the time as he's run up the ground, and he'll then just pump it back into the forward line and while all the attention is somewhere else, he'll be busting his gut running back to the forward line.

Jack, while kicking more goals, is a stay at home forward, and they're slightly easier to find than your Riewoldt/Pavlich/Brown types.

So who are the players comparable to Jack if they're easier to find?

Well for St Kilda alone, the G-Train was fairly easy to find and he won 2 Coleman Medals.

Jason Heatley also kicked 70+ in 1997 if my memory serves me well and he was an Eagles castoff.

So only 2 players you could think of to compare him to, and you had to go all the way back to 1997 to find the second one, definitely easy to find FFs of Jacks quality when you put them 2 names up.

anyone that compares jason heatley to jack riewoldt is clearly dillusional

heatley had a long successful career for a total of 63 games for two different clubs:rolleyes:

at the same age heatley debuted riewoldt already has 75 games & 170 or so goals to his name...& will be a 200+ game player & is one of the best forwards in the game already

Remove this Banner Ad

Back