Jace Bode

Remove this Banner Ad

Hosko

All Australian
Jun 3, 2003
earth
AFL Club
Essendon
Would like to know everyone's thoughts on Jace Bode?
I know he is 186cm 84kg, plays for Sturt and was named in the AA this year.
I for one would like to have him at Essendon but would like to know some of the thoughts of those who have seen him in action a few times and also when he will go i the draft.
Cheers

I'm a pretty big fan.

I watched him throughout the carnivals and was thoroughly impressed. He was very consistent overall and always ran out the game.

Furthermore his attack on the ball was superb - looks to be a hard nut. Also showed plenty of class at times and always seemed to have time whether under pressure or in space.

Many people believe his pace isn't up to scratch, but to be honest it shouldn't be a worry. Once of my main concerns is that he probably won't be a matchwinner. He'll be racking up possessions every week but you'll rarely think "wow Bode killed us today".

From a Crows perspective is we could pick him up with our second pick I would be very happy. He's a nice size and could slot into a team next year.

He was always good at defensive screens but definetely favoured his left when going for lay ups.

Na Jace is a good kid, played basketball with him at South Adelaide for about 7 years and he is one of those guys you would hate if he wasnt on your team (lucky we were on the same team).

I hope he does well.

Lajon said:
Is he related to Matthew Bode?

No but his old man played league footy for South. Whoever picks this kid up will get a player thats ready to step straight into any side, he is a bit left sided but so are most left footers really. Has played reserves for the past two years for Sturt and college footy for Pembroke and has been a stand out there, loves the rough stuff and isnt scared to throw his weight around. Has a booming kick, saw him land one well into the square at Pembroke this year.

Bockchoy67 said:
I'm a pretty big fan.

I watched him throughout the carnivals and was thoroughly impressed. He was very consistent overall and always ran out the game.

Furthermore his attack on the ball was superb - looks to be a hard nut. Also showed plenty of class at times and always seemed to have time whether under pressure or in space.

Many people believe his pace isn't up to scratch, but to be honest it shouldn't be a worry. Once of my main concerns is that he probably won't be a matchwinner. He'll be racking up possessions every week but you'll rarely think "wow Bode killed us today".
From a Crows perspective is we could pick him up with our second pick I would be very happy. He's a nice size and could slot into a team next year.

Sounds a bit like a Brett Ratten

bode has not yet made his debut, but is playing decent footy in the reserves. if he keeps impressing he would be a strong chance to debut this season you would think.

Where pick number approx. do you think he will go in the draft?
I have no idea where he will go, just like to know your opinions.

RooDog said:
No but his old man played league footy for South. Whoever picks this kid up will get a player thats ready to step straight into any side, he is a bit left sided but so are most left footers really. Has played reserves for the past two years for Sturt and college footy for Pembroke and has been a stand out there, loves the rough stuff and isnt scared to throw his weight around. Has a booming kick, saw him land one well into the square at Pembroke this year.

His dad's a tall bloke so I expect Jace to grow a few more cms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bockchoy67 said:
I'm a pretty big fan.

funny ppl dont believe his pace isnt up to scratch.... hes represented the state in at least 400m and i assume 100 and 200m as well

shooter#9 said:
funny ppl dont believe his pace isnt up to scratch.... hes represented the state in at least 400m and i assume 100 and 200m as well

Pace IMO is overrated - yes its a great thing to have, but it doesn't make anyone a superstar and likewise it doesn't make a slow person a dud.

If pace was everything, Jericho, Spriggs, etc would all be stars, and guys like Ratten, Williams, Riccuito, etc would all be duds.

Its an important asset and can cloud the abilities of many players, but those who are smart enough to think themselves through situations and use the ball well in contested situations reduces the importance of pace considerably.

IMO Jace isn't slow, and if he is then he's doing well to hide it. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back