Jacinda Ardern, Prime Minister of New Zealand

Remove this Banner Ad

Her issue isn't personal popularity, it's getting a parliamentary majority in a NZ that has been find of minority parties and minority govts for some time.

Her success will come down to preferences

Honestly I'd prefer this system over Americas options of liberal extreme or conservative extreme.

Polling significantly favored the ALP in the lead up to last year's election and polling favored the Democrats in the lead up to 2016.

The proof of her popularity will show at the next election.

Morrison is at 68 percent approval rating at present FWIW.

Polling significantly favored the ALP in the lead up to last year's election and polling favored the Democrats in the lead up to 2016.

The proof of her popularity will show at the next election.

Morrison is at 68 percent approval rating at present FWIW.
you have to understand polling to be able to use it. Democrats were favoured in National Polling but the way their President is elected is not by majority, it's by the electoral College. The polling was accurate regarding Hillary being the most popular nation wide, but that happens when NYC and California have more people who favour you, but not enough electoral college votes to carry you across the line.

you have to understand polling to be able to use it. Democrats were favoured in National Polling but the way their President is elected is not by majority, it's by the electoral College. The polling was accurate regarding Hillary being the most popular nation wide, but that happens when NYC and California have more people who favour you, but not enough electoral college votes to carry you across the line.

Translation: Americans voting system is prone to corruption as politicians can actively change the zoning in the electrical college to change the entire outcome of district's votes.

Translation: Americans voting system is prone to corruption as politicians can actively change the zoning in the electrical college to change the entire outcome of district's votes.

Electoral College is the states and District of Columbia. Changing those 51 electorates is quite difficult.

I actually like jacinta as a person and leader but she's got a few things wrong and the murdoch press painting her as a Saint.

She got the lock down wrong, to harsh. Hurt the economy more than needed.

..and I have no doubt that's a reason she would have been keen to take part in this. Look for ways to get money out of us.

I actually like jacinta as a person and leader but she's got a few things wrong and the murdoch press painting her as a Saint.

Sauce ?

..and I have no doubt that's a reason she would have been keen to take part in this. Look for ways to get money out of us.
I would expect more Australians to take their money over to NZ to spend on holiday than the other way around, but that's still a win for Australians - NZ is lovely.

Heinz-1220x803.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A vaccine would want to turn up in a hurry otherwise she will look very very stupid indeed.

How long is she prepared to ban all overseas visitors for?

Giesecke stands by his fundamentally different assessment of the threat of the Covid-19 threat:

- Johan Giesecke

Challenged on the apparent success of New Zealand in eliminating the virus completely, with a highly interventionist approach, Professor Giesecke asked whether that will really look like success in the long term:

Yes, it seems they have [suppressed the virus completely]. But what are they going to do now? To keep the country virus free, they will have to keep their borders closed. Everyone travelling in must be quarantined for 14 days before being admitted to the country, and if no good vaccine arrives, New Zealand will have to keep that quarantine for a long time. A very long time…

- Johan Giesecke

Sure, ignore the fact that it stopped any potentially massive community clusters spiraling out of control.

You can rebuild an economy, a lot harder to rebuild a death count.

Last edited:
Per year:

1.5 million Ozzies to NZ (40% of arrivals)
1.4 million Kiwis to Oz (15% of arrivals) ...second only to China 1.43 million Chinese to Oz.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...663664-8db5-11ea-9322-a29e75effc93_story.html
I'd expect any opening of a travel "bubble" will start a process of smaller, Covid-19 free nations applying to be part of it. There would be a number of pacific island nations that could be added to the travel area pretty quickly I'd imagine (Cook Islands even use NZD making travel even easier).

Sure, ignore the fact that it stopped any potentially massive community clusters spiraling out of control.

You can rebuild an economy, a lot harder to rebuild a death count.

I love your fear mongering, must be bliss being controlled by your telly so complete. Death count lol...

The reality is to hard for you to comprehend as a result of the fractionilasation from your telly

Nz went to far info lockdiwn than needed. They had a number of things going for them.
Thier location
Lack of borders
Envioroment
Functioning community.

Yet they panicked and went to hard.

The evidence is in this country and some of the response.

South Australia were tracking worse than new Zealand. Have borders with every state and direct flights from many places in the world, a higher aged population density, a larger section of unhealthy members of the culture.

South Australia ignored federal Advice, only went to stage 2. Beaches stayed open, groups of ten, allowed out to exercise and compassionate visits. Take away food ect.

By the end of this day, 14 days without a case. By this time next week, no cases at all. They've achieved something far greater from a worse position with less authoritarian rule. Less violence against our community.

It is what it is, but facts mean nothing to you telly heads.

I'd expect any opening of a travel "bubble" will start a process of smaller, Covid-19 free nations applying to be part of it. There would be a number of pacific island nations that could be added to the travel area pretty quickly I'd imagine (Cook Islands even use NZD making travel even easier).

For sure, especially since many PI's come here to pick fruit.

I love your fear mongering, must be bliss being controlled by your telly so complete. Death count lol...

The reality is to hard for you to comprehend as a result of the fractionilasation from your telly

Nz went to far info lockdiwn than needed. They had a number of things going for them.
Thier location
Lack of borders
Envioroment
Functioning community.

Yet they panicked and went to hard.

The evidence is in this country and some of the response.

South Australia were tracking worse than new Zealand. Have borders with every state and direct flights from many places in the world, a higher aged population density, a larger section of unhealthy members of the culture.

South Australia ignored federal Advice, only went to stage 2. Beaches stayed open, groups of ten, allowed out to exercise and compassionate visits. Take away food ect.

By the end of this day, 14 days without a case. By this time next week, no cases at all. They've achieved something far greater from a worse position with less authoritarian rule. Less violence against our community.

It is what it is, but facts mean nothing to you telly heads.

Less violence against our community? And you're the one claiming I'm fearmongering?

She made the call she felt was best felt the information and advice she was provided. If she chose to go to a lesser level and we had the opposite result youd be in this thread calling for her head on a platter at the human rights council.

Less violence against our community? And you're the one claiming I'm fearmongering?

She made the call she felt was best felt the information and advice she was provided. If she chose to go to a lesser level and we had the opposite result youd be in this thread calling for her head on a platter at the human rights council.

So you're one of these muppetts who believe everything murdoch tells you.

When pointed out she's not as good as murdoch says, or any different from past leaders, it's, in your eyes always someone else's fault. Your programming so complete, you have to attack anyone who dares thinks properly. I hope you don't have children. The moment they don't live up in your eyes, to what you expect, will be ugly

Gibbo, it's a bit rich to claim someone else is attacking you when they've not been abusive to you and you've called them a muppet in return.

Also iBeng doesn't exactly strike me as a Murdoch disciple.

So you're one of these muppetts who believe everything murdoch tells you.

When pointed out she's not as good as murdoch says, or any different from past leaders, it's, in your eyes always someone else's fault. Your programming so complete, you have to attack anyone who dares thinks properly. I hope you don't have children. The moment they don't live up in your eyes, to what you expect, will be ugly

I have a daughter, do your worst mate, tell me how I'm brainwashing her and going to ruin her future. Do your ******* worst.

You accusing me of this s**t but you are exactly the same on the other end of the spectrum, you refuse to accept anything good about anything if its reported in the evil media. Keep throwing the Murdoch name around and pretend you're woke and s**t, see how people pretend to respect your apparent insider knowledge.

Otherwise go * yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back