Traded Jack Billings

Remove this Banner Ad

http://m.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-p...t-national-draft/story-e6frf3e3-1226765663580

Billings will add some much needed class into Saints' forward line with his uncanny use of the ball, but will likely find a home in the midfield in the future.

Elshaug said the elite ball-winner was a leader who overcome obstacles with injury this season, but shone through with resilience when it mattered most.

Billings "I'm over the moon at the moment. I am just rapt to be a part of the Saints now and want to just work as hard as I can."

"I am just so excited to be a part of it all and hopefully be a part of seeing the club rebuild.

"We still have guys like Nick Riewoldt and Lenny Hayes here and it will be amazing to learn from players like that."

"I just had a bit of trouble with my knee ... I got that cleaned up at the end of the season,"

"I didn't want too far behind (in the pre-season). I reckon I will be about 60 per cent up until Christmas."

It only took him a couple of minutes to realise he's now a Saint. (He probably had a fair inkling that we would take him prior to the draft, so he probably already subconsciously felt like he was one of us.)

The Billings family must've been nervous knowing their son would be drafted high and with all the interstate picks in the top 7. I reckon he and his family would be stoked he's landed at the Saints.

The Billings family must've been nervous knowing their son would be drafted high and with all the interstate picks in the top 7. I reckon he and his family would be stoked he's landed at the Saints.

Not sure how far the Oakleigh Chargers radius spreads but there's a good chance he's pretty much as local as you can get - apart from Sandy Dragons of course.

2 Dragons and a Charger in the top 10. Pretty good draft for SE Melbourne!

Not sure how far the Oakleigh Chargers radius spreads but there's a good chance he's pretty much as local as you can get - apart from Sandy Dragons of course.

gippsland again getting stooged come draft time. think 05 is the last good draft they've had with pendles, ellis and thomas going top 10. besides that I can only think of goddard, goldsack, hansen, butcher and heppell going in the top 10 for them. strange, considering they always seem to be pretty strong.

Spose they have had there fair share of first rounders though, with docherty, clay smith and jed lamb to.

Enjoyed the second game. The comeback from WA was something to watch...and whoever pocketed those 3 goals in the 3rd quarter. Not bad.

Paparone looked pretty good. Not the best kick for goal though.

Hogan is an incredible mark, especially for his size - height wise that is, he's a beast for a 17 year old.

Really like Jack Billings as well. Likely to be taken high?

Some PD's have us taking Mason Shaw. But really didn't see him do much at all.

Just got jealous of Essendon tbh. Like a FF-CHF of Hurley and Daniher for the next 10 years is fair.

July 5 2012. Think Benchy has some claim to him as well. ;)

Pick 3 – Jack Billings
"There's no doubt our recruiting staff have been looking at Jack over the course of the year but it was in the last week they came to the decision to select him at No.3. We had on-going meetings with him but didn't give him indication that he was our preferred choice. There's no doubt Boyd and Kelly were considered standouts but all along, those three including Jack were the players that were most preferred by our recruiting staff. For next year, we don't want to set a ceiling on our young players and likewise, they'll basically select themselves to a certain extent. Ultimately, he's got the talent [to play next year], but he's still got physical development and Alan as the new coach will determine when the right time is [to play him]." - Chris Pelchen

http://afl.com.au/news/2013-11-21/st-kildas-draft-haul-recruiters-verdict

Look at the guns on the Guy on the far right (freeman) He could've been a good gym buddy for Tom Curren.

It's shredding season

Luke+Dunstan+AFL+U18+Championship+Rd+5+8AZopI9hHwDx.jpg

494114-tac-cup-footy-eastern-ranges-v-oakleigh-chargers.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He lives in Kew.

Congrats to new Saint Jack Billings:thumbsu:
If Collingwood hadve drafted you i wouldve hated you:mad: , but the Saints did so now i love you:hearts::hearts: .
Welcome to the strange world of AFL where people you dont even know expect you to give 110% just so we can go to work on Mondays in a good mood:D .
Ditto for Dunstan & Acres as well:thumbsu:
:p

2 Chargers if you include McDonald ;)
Would love it if the Saints are going after Billings. He should be in our draft range and I loved his play in the National Championships and I like the fact that he is a Charger!
April this year ^.

I coached both Jack Billings and Luke McDonald in junior football. I'd pick Billings as the best. Besides his great footy skills and innate ability to get the ball, he has that unpredictable 'X factor". Whenever there was a pressure game or a final, Jack would lift and inevitably be one of the best. I remember a game we were 6 goals down at half time and Jack kicked 6 in the second half on the way to a win.
I am rapt Jack has been drafted by the Saints. Sit back and enjoy his attributes.

I coached both Jack Billings and Luke McDonald in junior football. I'd pick Billings as the best. Besides his great footy skills and innate ability to get the ball, he has that unpredictable 'X factor". Whenever there was a pressure game or a final, Jack would lift and inevitably be one of the best. I remember a game we were 6 goals down at half time and Jack kicked 6 in the second half on the way to a win.
I am rapt Jack has been drafted by the Saints. Sit back and enjoy his attributes.

He sounds like a beauty. If you had to compare a current AFL player to Jack who would it be? I ask because I've heard many different comparisons such as Wingard, Dal Santo and Bartel.

He sounds like a beauty. If you had to compare a current AFL player to Jack who would it be? I ask because I've heard many different comparisons such as Wingard, Dal Santo and Bartel.

I reckon he has part Wingard and part Bartel in him. Both step up when it matters. Jack is a magic forward who will develop into a midfield/forward. He will kick goals and get possessions.

Very exciting to be drafting some players who look like they will develop into goal kicking midfielders:D:D
Something we have sorely lacked in our recent history and has probably been a major reason in regards to not winning a 2nd flag.
As f-ing awesome as guys like Harvey, Burke, Thompson, Hayes and such have been for the Saints over the last 20 yrs none of them were or in Lennys case ARE regular goal kickers.
Somebody like Billings is an extremely good choice towards a future with a bigger spread of quality goal kickers IMO:thumbsu: And that WINS FLAGS:D

PS..Yes i do know Robert Harvey kicked over 200 goals but the man did play 1752 games so average wise he didnt kick many :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back