Traded Jack Billings

Remove this Banner Ad

8c0424d8a4ad512f50a71cf4fad7bcc4.jpg

Sainter of the Day - Jack Billings

https://shar.es/1SXPBI

Sent using ShareThis

Jack confirmed his breakout year which another very strong performance against NM on Sunday. Sure NM are sitting 17th but JB came in for a heavy tag and in the past he has wilted somewhat under the close attention but on Sunday he was very, very good. 84% disposal efficiency (equal second best of the year) and 92% TOG (the most for the year). Tenth time this year has has scored over 100 AFL Fantasy Points. Maybe it was getting the contract extension out of the way during the week on maybe he just though WTF, what can happen, a black eye!!!

Unfortunately, just like the team as a whole, JB had more behinds than goals but I reckon he (we) should get all those misses out of his (our) system this year because we'll need goals, goals, goals and more goals next year.

8 kicks, 17 handballs, 0 clangers, 8 marks, 1 clearance, 3 tackles, 0 1%ers, 6 I50s, 1 goal, 2 behinds and 84.0% DE from 92% TOG.

Jack confirmed his breakout year which another very strong performance against NM on Sunday. Sure NM are sitting 17th but JB came in for a heavy tag and in the past he has wilted somewhat under the close attention but on Sunday he was very, very good. 84% disposal efficiency (equal second best of the year) and 92% TOG (the most for the year). Tenth time this year has has scored over 100 AFL Fantasy Points. Maybe it was getting the contract extension out of the way during the week on maybe he just though WTF, what can happen, a black eye!!!

Unfortunately, just like the team as a whole, JB had more behinds than goals but I reckon he (we) should get all those misses out of his (our) system this year because we'll need goals, goals, goals and more goals next year.

8 kicks, 17 handballs, 0 clangers, 8 marks, 1 clearance, 3 tackles, 0 1%ers, 6 I50s, 1 goal, 2 behinds and 84.0% DE from 92% TOG.

Accuracy sucks and honestly has probably cost us a finals spot. But I reckon it's easier to train someone to kick straight than to train someone to have the same goal sense and ability to get a lot of the ball.

Billings and Gresh have had a lot of shots for goal, and hopefully they'll start kicking straight sooner rather than later.

Accuracy sucks and honestly has probably cost us a finals spot. But I reckon it's easier to train someone to kick straight than to train someone to have the same goal sense and ability to get a lot of the ball.

Billings and Gresh have had a lot of shots for goal, and hopefully they'll start kicking straight sooner rather than later.

Agree 100%. I was looking at it from the point of view that it has already happened and probably cost us a finals berth and with with work over the post-season it can be fixed for next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a personal note I want to say that it has been a pleasure to be Jack's advocate during 2017, his breakout year. He finished off the year with another good game and I'm expecting bigger things next season and beyond.

This year JB has increased his possessions and his time on the ground while coming under much more attention from the opposition. Improve his goal kicking accuracy, which I am confident he will, and he will be a genuine superstar for the Saints.

R23 against Richmond 12 kick, 16 handballs, 4 clangers, 5 marks, 1 clearance, 4 tackles, 1 1%er, 1 I50, 2 goals, 2 behinds, 71.4% DE with 89% TOG.

Remarkably Jack had exactly 254 kicks AND 254 handballs this season giving him an average of just over 23 possessions a game. His best game was against Carlton (R8) where he had 30 disposals and kicked 5 goals straight. He also had 30 touches against GCS (R13) and Melbourne (R21) and 32 against Sydney (R9). He had 20 or more touches in 15 of 22 games.

We all know his goal kicking woes and he finished the year with 23.36. He had 22 goal assists and 87 Inside 50s, almost 4 per match. He took 122 marks, over 5½ per match. 31 marks were Inside 50. 69 tackles, an average of more than 3 a game. He had no hitouts.

For the first time JB had a full pre-season and he played every game (22) compared to 16 in 2014, 9 in 2015 and 17 last year.

This augers well for the future.

Hey dct66 did you see wolfpac has offered to buy me a membership to the Saints for next season . I can't believe it , what a nice guy considering I don't know him at all . I feel so lucky . It means my doctors better do something about my back before then . I'm going into hospital for a week soon while they take me off morphine and put me on something else as well as try something else . Did I tell you in my X-rays they found two bones fused together that they thought might have been causing the pain but after the last injections they are not so sure anymore .

The Six Jacks
f3113f0322d5020e7c98cea434e90132.jpg

1ff0e807eb6fb1cbbb258510e39de85b.jpg

Last edited:
AFLPA 22under22 Team
B: Andrew McGrath (Ess). Harris Andrews (Bris). Callum Mills (Syd)
HB: Jayden Hunt (Mel). Jake Lever (Adel). Ryan Burton (Haw)
C: Marcus Bontempelli (WB). Clayton Oliver (Mel). Josh Kelly (GWS)
HF: Jack Billing (St K). Charlie Curnow (Carl). Jack Martin (GC)
F: Orazio Fantasia (Ess). Eric Hipwood (Bris). Tom Papley (Syd)
FOLL: Peter Wright (GC), Zach Merrett (Ess). Matt Crouch (Adel)
I/C: James Sicily (Haw), Isaac Heeney (Syd), Ollie Wines (PA), Daniel Rioli (Rich)

Hey dct66 did you see wolfpac has offered to buy me a membership to the Saints for next season . I can't believe it , what a nice guy considering I don't know him at all . I feel so lucky . It means my doctors better do something about my back before then . I'm going into hospital for a week soon while they take me off morphine and put me on something else as well as try something else . Did I tell you in my X-rays they found two bones fused together that they thought might have been causing the pain but after the last injections they are not so sure anymore .

I saw there was talk of people donating a Saints membership to you which is so generous it's beyond believe. We really do have the best supporters!!!

I hope the quacks :) have found the reason for your pain and can do something to relieve it. You know next year is going to be a hell of a ride for us Sainters and it would be great to have you along at Etihad. Seeing Port Melb win the VFL premiership on Sunday was brilliant I can only imagine how good it's going to be when the Saints break through.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back