Recommitted Jack Billings [re-signed until 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

You understand the average AFL wage is only $380k don’t you?

He’s also got close to the max age weighting.

Probably only needs a contract of around $350-400k to get Band 3 given his age.
The mean wage would be a higher than the median wage given heavily skewed with rookie contracts and a few outlying highly paid players I'd suggest.

Think the 'average' wage you are quoting would be the mean and the compensation picks go off median.

The mean wage would be a higher than the median wage given heavily skewed with rookie contracts and a few outlying highly paid players I'd suggest.

Think the 'average' wage you are quoting would be the mean and the compensation picks go off median.

The compensation picks have nothing to do with median or mean wage.

It has to do with the ranking you place from 1st to last of AFL players with a weighting for age.

If you are in about the top 35 players you get Band 1.

The compensation picks have nothing to do with median or mean wage.

It has to do with the ranking you place from 1st to last of AFL players with a weighting for age.

If you are in about the top 35 players you get Band 1.
Was it not you talking about top 50% of player wages for band 3 - ie. the median salary?

Can't seen to find the post I had in mind so must have read it in a different thread.

North speculation based off Tom Morris mentioning that he could join his best mate Luke McDonald. Pretty sure that’s not what we base our recruiting off. Would be surprised if we were going hard for Billings. Plenty of our young wings and half forwards are showing promise.

According to a reliable track watcher on our board, the club have been told that there are two clubs who have offered Jack $200K PA more than we’ve offered him.

If one of those is North, I wonder if that offer is withdrawn if they land Kelly?
Doubt it. Kelly is one thing, Billings is another. Kelly fits a real need, not sure Billings does. Plus we are still a rebuilding club, cannot bring in too many top-ups.

North speculation based off Tom Morris mentioning that he could join his best mate Luke McDonald. Pretty sure that’s not what we base our recruiting off. Would be surprised if we were going hard for Billings. Plenty of our young wings and half forwards are showing promise.

Really does not fit your rebuilding timeframe I would think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not doing his value any favours at the moment. Seems like he might be playing injured, but he's having no impact right now.

Hence he is repoted to stay as contract negotiation has just started, this got me thinking, why sudden change of tune, is there something going on in the kelly and north camp in that they know something we don't hence he just want to nip it in the bud to secure his future.

Definetly carrying that leg injury that saw him miss a few weeks ago
Has laid one tackle in total across the last 3 weeks. Would have thought that was more because he has checked out than because of a supposed leg injury.

Has laid one tackle in total across the last 3 weeks. Would have thought that was more because he has checked out than because of a supposed leg injury.

His foot is stuffed so his ability to change direction, chase and even kick is nowhere near where it usually is.

He should be put in for the op now but for some reason they're trying to get him through. It makes little sense to me.

No inside info at all, but I wonder if the Hawks are looking. Wing-half forwards is something we're lacking, he's young enough to suit us rebuilding and we have more than enough dollarydoos to play with. FA so wouldn't impede our draft hand.

To cap it off, he's a left footer and currently injured. Just what we like to acquire.

He'll still get a very good contract from either the Saints or another team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back