Recommitted Jack Billings [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Has barely developed as a player since being drafted. He will never be a gun contested player but he should be better than useless by now. Rather than get him to work on this in the twos for his first couple of years the club kept in the seniors in outside roles. Is now into his fifth season and still getting pushed around by rookies and his contested ball numbers are worse than ever.
Lol, what?!

He has a point.. Was much better as a 18 year old right now he's a liability on the field.

Would not give more than a late 2nd rounder for him right now.
lol no he wasn’t. Last year he improved drastically and looked like he was ready to explode in 2018.

As others have said, he is the cream, not the cake and you can see that with his performances so far this season. I think the goal kicking has had a massive effect on his confidence but 1 big game and hopefully that will change.

Officially the worst set shot in the league. What the hell has Ben Dixon done to this poor bloke and the rest of the Saints forwards?!
In hindsight employing a specific goal kicking coach has seemed to have created an even worse psychological state for a lot of our players. Praying its one of those things where it will take one game with a few goals straight to get us back on track.

Officially the worst set shot in the league. What the hell has Ben Dixon done to this poor bloke and the rest of the Saints forwards?!
Pretty sure he was a ****house shot at goal last year too. This one is not on Dicko.

Couldn't see him coming to us but would happily offer up a late first/early second for him (not that we have either). He clearly still has the talent.

Pretty sure he was a ****house shot at goal last year too. This one is not on Dicko.

Couldn't see him coming to us but would happily offer up a late first/early second for him (not that we have either). He clearly still has the talent.

Both he and the rest of the side have actually regressed though. The team has gone from 45.5% to 38.9% and Jack from 34.3% to 26.3% for total accuracy, I don't have access to the figures for specifically from set shots but from the stats shared by the media they aren't any more impressive, and are actually worse for Billings.

What did he sign for reportedly?

Both he and the rest of the side have actually regressed though. The team has gone from 45.5% to 38.9% and Jack from 34.3% to 26.3% for total accuracy, I don't have access to the figures for specifically from set shots but from the stats shared by the media they aren't any more impressive, and are actually worse for Billings.
I am 100% sure it is a mental thing. The pressure is building more and more - self fulfilling prophecy if you will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know what this guy was signed up for? Would have to be the most overpaid player in the AFL...?

Yeah I wouldn't play that game, pal. Mayne/Wells aren't gonna help you there.

Yeah we overpaid on those two. It still doesn't mean I can't take interest in this guys contract? So what was he reportedly signed up for?

Nathan Freeman says hi.

haha yeah, oh and on the talk of Mayne. Shakes head, shakes head. The irony of this board. The media panders to peoples bitterness towards Collingwood. Hint The Herald Sun, Jon Ralph, Slobbo. They outright lie and no doubt they do about Mayne and Wells' contract plus both have performance triggers and both won't reach those triggers. Mayne would be on $420 a year and we got him as a FA.

Saints got Billings for pick 3 in a SUPER DRAFT! They could have had Bont, Scharenberg, Cripps you name it. Billings teased in a contract year then reverted back to spuddery this year, to the point where he could potentially be de-listed at the end of 2019. Yes De-listed! I'm serious. I watch him closely, have him in my supercoach team. He's been god awful but de-listed is still a small chance, he'd have to keep his current lack of output for the rest of this year and next for it to be a chance.

Right now, Mayne is actually a much better player than Billings. Mayne has been serviceable the past month and if he can play an important role into finals then he'll be worth it in the end. Speculative. Also, Mayne offers leadership in the way he plays, runs hard, lots of tackles, high pressure game, his confidence is coming back and it won't be long before he gets back to the way he played in the good days for Freo. Watch this space over the next month. He'll get his goal kicking right too. The game is mostly between the ears.

Last edited:
haha yeah, oh and on the talk of Mayne. Shakes head, shakes head. The irony of this board. The media panders to peoples bitterness towards Collingwood. Hint The Herald Sun, Jon Ralph, Slobbo. They outright lie and no doubt they do about Mayne and Wells' contract plus both have performance triggers and both won't reach those triggers. Mayne would be on $420 a year and we got him as a FA.

Saints got Billings for pick 3 in a SUPER DRAFT! They could have had Bont, Scharenberg, Cripps you name it. Billings teased in a contract year then reverted back to spuddery this year, to the point where he could potentially be de-listed at the end of 2019. Yes De-listed! I'm serious. I watch him closely, have him in my supercoach team. He's been god awful but de-listed is still a small chance, he'd have to keep his current lack of output for the rest of this year and next for it to be a chance.

Right now, Mayne is actually a much better player than Billings. Mayne has been serviceable the past month and if he can play an important role into finals then he'll be worth it in the end. Speculative. Also, Mayne offers leadership in the way he plays, runs hard, lots of tackles, high pressure game, his confidence is coming back and it won't be long before he gets back to the way he played in the good days for Freo. Watch this space over the next month. He'll get his goal kicking right too. The game is mostly between the ears.
You call him a spud yet you have him in your supercoach team o_O

Somehow in a rambling post about how good Chris Mayne is (lol pls), you managed to make Matt Scharenberg the biggest punchline. Amazing.

You do realise that when a player moves as a free agent his salary is public as his club has the option to match !

The amounts for Mayne & Wells are correct and your in la la land if you believe they are incentive based

Remove this Banner Ad

Back