Recommitted Jack Billings [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

My impeccable source has just informed me that Billings is willing to take a pay cut to play at the dons in 2017. Doesn't want a bar of contract negotiations with his "daddy".

Willing to walk into the PSD. Regularly dines with Parish. Understand the saints overpaid him the last few years due to needing to make the cap and he's taking the money and running. Red black and... nothing. No white.

Ameet and Dodoro can't wait to do it all again I bet

I'm told we intend to trade a second rounder for Tom Hickey, then intend to offer tom hickey in exchange for Billings.

Ameet is expected to respond with "We will not trade Tom Hickey for Jack Billings" and then proceed to do it anyway, like a few years back with pick 5.

I'm not quite sold on the idea, and I told my source a second rounder is overpaying, but my contact thinks billings will be twice the player at a club that he enjoys his time at. Time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still taking an unfit Francis over the head case that is Jake Carlisle :p
At least Francis is a good kid. Carlisle has always been a deadbeat

I'm still taking an unfit Francis over the head case that is Jake Carlisle :p
At least Francis is a good kid. Carlisle has always been a deadbeat
That may be the case but there can be no doubt the deal has turned out very well for us, especially if you believe we would've taken Gresham at 6 essentially we lost nothing at all.

That may be the case but there can be no doubt the deal has turned out very well for us, especially if you believe we would've taken Gresham at 6 essentially we lost nothing at all.

You guys did do very well out of it but I still don't believe Gresh would have been your pick if you kept it. Both clubs got the deal they wanted, both being very lucky that Sydney stepped in with a solution.

A lot of players don't have a great fitness level when they're drafted, especially the big fellas but I'm not worried in the slightest about Francis. He's hitting his GPS targets every week and he'll be running out games successfully soon. Nowhere near as bad as some make it out to be.

You guys did do very well out of it but I still don't believe Gresh would have been your pick if you kept it. Both clubs got the deal they wanted, both being very lucky that Sydney stepped in with a solution.

A lot of players don't have a great fitness level when they're drafted, especially the big fellas but I'm not worried in the slightest about Francis. He's hitting his GPS targets every week and he'll be running out games successfully soon. Nowhere near as bad as some make it out to be.
Oh yeah I wouldn't be concerned about lack of fitness that'll come. I personally think we would've gone gresh, if you look at who was drafted between Parish and Gresham, no one other than academy players was drafted as a pure mid, which is what we needed, hence we possibly would've gone gresh.

agreed i would of taken francis at the time.

but i would also take carsile and gresh over morgan and francis so its a win win for both clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back