Billings or Mclean?

• Billings

Votes: 48 43.2%
  • McLean

Votes: 63 56.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Toby Mclean played this year? I haven’t sighted him all year
Played 14 games, but forced out of the midfield by the return of Libba, forced to play near-permanent forward, and has been pretty average as a result. Missed a few games this past couple of months after being dropped, then suffered a hamstring injury on his second game back. The last first game he returned, he was outstanding and looked right back at his best, then the second game he got the injury very early on. Looks like a test for this week

Overall, this hasn't been the greatest year. He plays his best footy in the midfield, but we have too many competing for limited spots, so guys like McLean get forced out. A trade would not surprise me given his lack of opportunities this year.

At the time of the poll being made, McLean was very clearly the better player. Now, it's very clearly Billings

Getting a notification was worth it purely for the ManOfClay posts.
His posts last year were future proof. Implied Billings was nowhere near where he should be last year so now that he's performing, he can say he's just playing at the level he should be expected to while McLean last year was just a lowly second round pick playing at a much higher than expected level, way better than Billings but he has since regressed and fallen back to the pack.

His posts last year were future proof. Implied Billings was nowhere near where he should be last year so now that he's performing, he can say he's just playing at the level he should be expected to while McLean last year was just a lowly second round pick playing at a much higher than expected level, way better than Billings but he has since regressed and fallen back to the pack.

I’d say more which midfielder at the Dogs should McLean be playing ahead of?

Would Billing play ahead of Bont, macrae, Dunkley etc too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2019 Brownlow Medal:
Jack Billings - 11 votes
Toby McLean - 0 votes

Thoughts ManOfClay?

a bit bored and looking to point score?

It’s a silly argument. Bulldogs had two players score 22 votes and one score 15, not much more to go around.

speaking of those players who got 22 votes - which if you aren’t good with maths is double what Billings got — remember when st Kilda took Billings a pick before the Bulldogs got him?

but you win. Billings polled more Brownlow votes than McLean and is awesome. In fact you might even be able to have him if we wants to go.

On exposed 2019 form only, I would vote for McLean honestly, but because he is still a serial diver/flopper, I voted for Billings out of spite.

If/when McLean cuts that crap out of his game, he will be more highly regarded amongst neutral fans.

Back