Recommitted Jack Billings [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

I expect the kid will be fanging to join up with the old firm of McDonald and Kelly.

We could probably find a spot on the list for him as long as he isn't asking for too much and St Kilda will cop a 2nd rounder.

Not knocking Gresham, but at this stage Parish looks the better prospect by a reasonable margin.
It's obviously hard to compare these two at the very early stages of their careers but I don't think Parish looks like a "better prospect by a reasonable margin". I think both players have shown some really good glimpses so far.

Gresham has obviously played mainly forward but boy he's becoming more dangerous in the Saint's forward half at ground level. He's already kicked the same amount of goals that he did last year (11 goals) when he played 18 games. He should become a mid in time and in that game against Carlton late last year when he played more midfield then usual, he showed some good glimpses in tight with his evasiveness and ball-winning ability.

Parish I can see become a really rounded midfielder balancing his work on the inside and outside but I can see Gresham doing the same. The one thing that really excites me about Gresh though that has already been mentioned in this thread is that his impact per possession is really good. He doesn't find much of the ball which is understandable considering he plays mainly up forward but whenever he's got the ball, I feel something good is going to happen, I reckon he is starting to become more dangerous and combine that with his smarts, he should be a really good player for a long time for St Kilda.

I don't think there's much in it between Parish and Gresham so far, but it wouldn't surprise me if Gresham becomes the better player with his ability in the forward half, impact per possession and the glimpses he's shown when he's had more time in the midfield.

It's obviously hard to compare these two at the very early stages of their careers but I don't think Parish looks like a "better prospect by a reasonable margin". I think both players have shown some really good glimpses so far.

Gresham has obviously played mainly forward but boy he's becoming more dangerous in the Saint's forward half at ground level. He's already kicked the same amount of goals that he did last year (11 goals) when he played 18 games. He should become a mid in time and in that game against Carlton late last year when he played more midfield then usual, he showed some good glimpses in tight with his evasiveness and ball-winning ability.

Parish I can see become a really rounded midfielder balancing his work on the inside and outside but I can see Gresham doing the same. The one thing that really excites me about Gresh though that has already been mentioned in this thread is that his impact per possession is really good. He doesn't find much of the ball which is understandable considering he plays mainly up forward but whenever he's got the ball, I feel something good is going to happen, I reckon he is starting to become more dangerous and combine that with his smarts, he should be a really good player for a long time for St Kilda.

I don't think there's much in it between Parish and Gresham so far, but it wouldn't surprise me if Gresham becomes the better player with his ability in the forward half, impact per possession and the glimpses he's shown when he's had more time in the midfield.

Excellent post. Different players and will require a few more seasons before they are properly able to be compared.

I expect the kid will be fanging to join up with the old firm of McDonald and Kelly.

We could probably find a spot on the list for him as long as he isn't asking for too much and St Kilda will cop a 2nd rounder.

Billings has been playing with his best mate Jack Sinclair since the U9s on up including at Scotch College and at the Saints over the last 2 seasons. He has played more games with Sinclair that any other player.

And LOL at your offer of a second rounder.

If Kelly wants to play with his best mate, then Jack Steele is already at the Saints.

Lol this board is more troll that bay13 lately.

In all seriousness, we need to sign Billings asap! It's funny seeing how many opposition fans are calling him a jet now. Dramatic turn of events from last season.
He wasn't a jet last season that's why. Looks to finally have clicked.

He wasn't a jet last season that's why. Looks to finally have clicked.

If he was pick 70 last year would have been seen as a great year for him. Hes been playing fairly well this whole time, the expectations on him are high because he was pick 3 and taken just before some other guy that people seem to think is ok.

Funny you mentioned that. Luke was on SEN yesterday talking about Billings. Seems the bromance is still alive and well. Apparently he lives just up the road from Luke & Ben Jacobs. I was wondering why he was always out with the North boys, now I know.

Hey, the kid is allowed to dream, isn't he?

I wonder if the Saints lowballed him with their first offer? They'd have to make him a priority now. On form he should be looking at a long term contract with a decent pay bump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny you mentioned that. Luke was on SEN yesterday talking about Billings. Seems the bromance is still alive and well. Apparently he lives just up the road from Luke & Ben Jacobs. I was wondering why he was always out with the North boys, now I know.
He still lives at home, rumour is he'll be moving to Elwood next year with Joshua Kelly.

If Kelly wants to play with his best mate, then Jack Steele is already at the Saints.
I'd rather Josh play with his best travelling buddy from last year

I'd be happy if Billings came to Essendon. Personally don't feel he's worth a top 10 pick (which I feel we'll have) but multiple second round picks should get it done?

He'd require your first.

Billings + Saints 3rd to Bombers
Bombers 1st to Saints
If we make finals I'd have no problem giving up our 1st. Just don't think he's worth a top 10 pick right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back