Recommitted Jack Billings [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

If we make finals I'd have no problem giving up our 1st. Just don't think he's worth a top 10 pick right now.
What? Thought you were trolling. In every sense of the word is he worth a top 10 pick, by the end of the year perhaps more. Useless discussion anyway.

What? Thought you were trolling. In every sense of the word is he worth a top 10 pick, by the end of the year perhaps more. Useless discussion anyway.
4th year into his career. Has had an excellent past 2 weeks but his year so far has been solid rather than outstanding, has shown glimpses of his talent and hasn't sustained his top level talent over the course of at least a month. Right now I'd put him in the 12-20 range.

Let's put it this way, is he worth more than Tom Mitchell, the same as Jake Carlisle? Not a snowball's chance in hell.

4th year into his career. Has had an excellent past 2 weeks but his year so far has been solid rather than outstanding, has shown glimpses of his talent and hasn't sustained his top level talent over the course of at least a month. Right now I'd put him in the 12-20 range.

Let's put it this way, is he worth more than Tom Mitchell, the same as Jake Carlisle? Not a snowball's chance in hell.
Do you actually think we'd trade him for a low first rounder?

It's not a question of comparison, if he does leave which seems very unlikely, it'll be your first rounder regardless of how low, if you have pick 11 but you think he's worth pick 12, guess what? It's pick 11.

Mate he's out of contract. How often do players not end up where they want under that situation
It's not a question of comparison, if he does leave which seems very unlikely, it'll be your first rounder regardless of how low, if you have pick 11 but you think he's worth pick 12, guess what? It's pick 11.
Of course that will be the case. I'm just saying, I wouldn't trade pick 8 for him if it ended up there.

If he asks to leave and nominates a club, STK will not have much choice. He is out of contract.

Even a second rounder is better than letting him go for nothing to the PSD (if that still exists) or the main draft. If he nominates for the main draft and says he wants to go to X and puts a high price on his head, which club would waste a high first round pick to get a reluctant player (who most STK fans were bagging until his CFC breakout game)?

Better to negotiate a 12-24 pick than get nothing (especially as his salary foregone helps you bid for Fyfe, Kennedy, etc.)

Mate he's out of contract. How often do players not end up where they want under that situation

Of course that will be the case. I'm just saying, I wouldn't trade pick 8 for him if it ended up there.
Well if that's the situation in the end that'll be the deal, but if his form continues I imagine we'd rightfully ask for more.

If he asks to leave and nominates a club, STK will not have much choice. He is out of contract.

Even a second rounder is better than letting him go for nothing to the PSD (if that still exists) or the main draft. If he nominates for the main draft and says he wants to go to X and puts a high price on his head, which club would waste a high first round pick to get a reluctant player (who most STK fans were bagging until his CFC breakout game)?

Better to negotiate a 12-24 pick than get nothing (especially as his salary foregone helps you bid for Fyfe, Kennedy, etc.)
I'll tell you right now as you clearly have no clue about the worth of a player, if a club offers us pick 24 for Billings we will quite rightly say get f****d and send him to the draft if he's so keen to leave, which is not going to happen anyway.

I'll tell you right now as you clearly have no clue about the worth of a player, if a club offers us pick 24 for Billings we will quite rightly say get f****d and send him to the draft if he's so keen to leave, which is not going to happen anyway.
Worked brilliantly for Port Adelaide with Nick Stevens.
Brisbane would absolutely love it if the PSD is still there.

You guys essentially got pick 5 straight out for Jake, so a pick around 10 is not the same as what you got for Jake.

The thing that Billings has that made him a consensus top 3-5 pick in one of the all time best drafts is genuine class, elite skill and match-winning ability and he still has all that. He is now starting to put it all together (now that he's finally fit enough and playing his best current position), so clubs would still happily hand over a high pick, if it meant getting him.

You're kidding if you think you'd be a better bet risking going to the draft with a pick in the 12-20 range over a known quantity like Billings, if it's his type you're after. That part of the draft is still very hit and miss.

He's just had a 30 disposal, 12 mark, 5 goal game and backed it up with a 32 disposal game off a HFF and is only just getting warmed up! Over the last 6 weeks he's played/lined up pretty much exclusively forward, yet is averaging 25 disposals, 7.7 marks and 1.3 goals per game, which would be "elite" and then some, and that's before getting to his score involvements and score assists.

Who in the 12-20 range in the draft is a sure bet to be good enough to do that, or to almost single-handedly beat a team off his own boot in just his 2nd year- with a 6 shot for goal (3 goal) last quarter, with the game on the line?

He'd be a good fit for the Dons. Family are massive Bombers fans.

Just can't see any cap space, with Langford & Laverde having a combined 900k salary hit.
If they acquired Billings, and he got injured, that's 1.5mil of the salary cap not getting a game in 2018 and beyond.

How'd Laverde get on that coin?

Just can't see any cap space, with Langford & Laverde having a combined 900k salary hit.
If they acquired Billings, and he got injured, that's 1.5mil of the salary cap not getting a game in 2018 and beyond.

How'd Laverde get on that coin?
Langford and Laverde are on 900k between them? What the hell are you on? I'd guess it'd be no more than 750k. Christ.

Also, all three will definitely be best 22 next year if they're all at Essendon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Try half that, and you'd be closer.

Essendons cap is ******. Can't see there being much room.
So ****ed that we were able to offer O'Meara 700k last year WITHOUT factoring in the 20% increase in CBA this year (which puts another $2 million in)?

At the start of the season it would have been 400k but Billings is backing himself to play well so i would say about 600k

Only reason why he has not signed a new contract.

The way he's tracking the smart thing for him to do would be to hold out till the end of the year.

So ****** that we were able to offer O'Meara 700k last year WITHOUT factoring in the 20% increase in CBA this year (which puts another $2 million in)?
You're not going to have an extra 20% to spend for obvious reasons

Hurley hooker all signed recently on big money. Essendon were banking on the CBA increase so they could afford Reid. It's tight. Daniher renewing won't be cheap.

You're not going to have an extra 20% to spend for obvious reasons

Hurley hooker all signed recently on big money. Essendon were banking on the CBA increase so they could afford Reid. It's tight. Daniher renewing won't be cheap.
Reid?

Rofl

Remove this Banner Ad

Back