Recommitted Jack Billings [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate stop trolling. It's laughable
Shouldn't you be doing your homework or something.

The idea that essendon has oodles of cap space is just incorrect. There's not much there and it's pretty well known in the industry. Having said that you could fit anyone in with a severely backended deal like any club can.

Parish OOC too along with Mr Anzac day. Daniher looking for a big contract.

Shouldn't you be doing your homework or something.

The idea that essendon has oodles of cap space is just incorrect. There's not much there and it's pretty well known in the industry. Having said that you could fit anyone in with a severely backended deal like any club can.

Parish OOC too along with Mr Anzac day. Daniher looking for a big contract.
I never said anything about 'oodles of cap space'. In fact I never referred to Efc cap space at all.

Just to be clear it's laughable if you think we didn't have cap space for Reid.

We aren't interested in him anyway.

I'm done

You're not going to have an extra 20% to spend for obvious reasons

Hurley hooker all signed recently on big money. Essendon were banking on the CBA increase so they could afford Reid. It's tight. Daniher renewing won't be cheap.
That's polar opposites to what I've heard. Also what's this about Reid? AFAIK we've never even enquired about any Reid since Ben Reid was an RFA a few years ago.

So basically you're making stuff up. The 20% increase in the CBA wasn't even forecasted last year, it was looking like a 10% increase (which would have been factored in but no more than that). It's entertaining watching you think you know something when in actual fact you're full of s**t.

Essendons cap is ******. Can't see there being much room.

We were in the market for JOM last season, and although I'm lead to believe otherwise, the clubs been vocal about Martin too.

Watson, Stanton, Hocking and Howlett could all be out the door this year. Watson is one of if not the most paid player at the club after his last contract. The clubs cap can't be that bad.

We're obviously not in the situation your club is in with a massive amount of cap room due to paying minimum cap for years, but it's not like we're at maximum capacity.

Joe Daniher will be really well looked after, but I expect him to follow suit like Zach Merrett did and sign on less than what he's worth for the future success of club.

St Kilda fans not sure if Francis is going to be anything lol. You took double beef Patty McCartin with your 1st overall. Oops

It's weird to see them pot Francis.

Surely with their experience with McCartin they could see that bigger blokes that have had injury woes (francis soft tissue, mccartin concussion) will take more time than those who don't.

Everyone knows McCartin has serious talent. People are just waiting for him to be mature and fit enough for it to show. Francis all the same..

Anyways.. ontopic..

I'd trade a first for him no problem. Will be interesting to see if this drags on until the end of the year? Don't think those at Saints are concerned yet though. And you wouldn't be too concerned about him not opening discussions- he's getting better and each week his value rises. Silly to sign now.

It's weird to see them pot Francis.

Surely with their experience with McCartin they could see that bigger blokes that have had injury woes (francis soft tissue, mccartin concussion) will take more time than those who don't.

Everyone knows McCartin has serious talent. People are just waiting for him to be mature and fit enough for it to show. Francis all the same..

Anyways.. ontopic..

I'd trade a first for him no problem. Will be interesting to see if this drags on until the end of the year? Don't think those at Saints are concerned yet though. And you wouldn't be too concerned about him not opening discussions- he's getting better and each week his value rises. Silly to sign now.

Ive come to the conclusion that the Saints supporters that haunt these threads get some sort of weird satisfaction from being annoying. I believe they call it "trolling"

Ive come to the conclusion that the Saints supporters that haunt these threads get some sort of weird satisfaction from being annoying. I believe they call it "trolling"

It's just them trying to shove it into our faces about Francis not being there yet. Usually would take the bantz with a grain of salt, but it just comes off hypocritical to pot francis when they have a similar situation with a gun player at their club.

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry, I think I've got it out of my system. Wait a second.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Right. Yep, definitely out. I'll let you in on a secret: the industry thinks the complete opposite. One bloke in recruitment of a different club said "Essendon are uniquely positioned in terms of salary cap and list strength to lure quality players". All but said that we'd be a BIG player in the Trade/FA period.

It's just them trying to shove it into our faces about Francis not being there yet. Usually would take the bantz with a grain of salt, but it just comes off hypocritical to pot francis when they have a similar situation with a gun player at their club.

I don't mind a bit of bantz, it's got to be in the right place though. Can't have a decent football conversation anywhere in this joint.

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry, I think I've got it out of my system. Wait a second.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Right. Yep, definitely out. I'll let you in on a secret: the industry thinks the complete opposite. One bloke in recruitment of a different club said "Essendon are uniquely positioned in terms of salary cap and list strength to lure quality players". All but said that we'd be a BIG player in the Trade/FA period.

Imagine us being linked to Martin/JOM but not having the cap space to accommodate them? Lol. Apparently we're just throwing our hat into the ring with no coin to play with..

That's polar opposites to what I've heard. Also what's this about Reid? AFAIK we've never even enquired about any Reid since Ben Reid was an RFA a few years ago.

So basically you're making stuff up. The 20% increase in the CBA wasn't even forecasted last year, it was looking like a 10% increase (which would have been factored in but no more than that). It's entertaining watching you think you know something when in actual fact you're full of s**t.

Wrong Reid. His manager was on radio stating he was off to essendon until the CBA got delayed.

As for the 10 to 20% my point on the % wasn't how much was in play it's how much will be paid out to existing contracts. The AFL wants all players to get an increase.

We were in the market for JOM last season, and although I'm lead to believe otherwise, the clubs been vocal about Martin too.

Watson, Stanton, Hocking and Howlett could all be out the door this year. Watson is one of if not the most paid player at the club after his last contract. The clubs cap can't be that bad.

We're obviously not in the situation your club is in with a massive amount of cap room due to paying minimum cap for years, but it's not like we're at maximum capacity.

Joe Daniher will be really well looked after, but I expect him to follow suit like Zach Merrett did and sign on less than what he's worth for the future success of club.
Spot on which was my point. If we're talking cap vs cap the saints cap is head and shoulders above anything else. They've hit this perfect storm that allows them to maximise it.

Reality is any club can fit in any player as long as it's long term deal.

Billings isn't going to essendon anyways so I'm not sure why this thread is so active. It'd be like saints fans creaming them selves over parish because he's OOC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine us being linked to Martin/JOM but not having the cap space to accommodate them? Lol. Apparently we're just throwing our hat into the ring with no coin to play with..
Every club wants Martin and whoever else doesn't mean they can actually afford them

the day after the essendon Martin reports football media were literally laughing at the comments the morning after. Theyre no where near it. Helped work your supporters up but that's about it

Wrong Reid. His manager was on radio stating he was off to essendon until the CBA got delayed.

As for the 10 to 20% my point on the % wasn't how much was in play it's how much will be paid out to existing contracts. The AFL wants all players to get an increase.
Well that's amusing, there was literally nothing to suggest that Essendon were interested in Reid last year. The increased estimate in the CBA will come into play. I guarantee it.
Every club wants Martin and whoever else doesn't mean they can actually afford them

the day after the essendon Martin reports football media were literally laughing at the comments the morning after. Theyre no where near it. Helped work your supporters up but that's about it
Have you looked at who Essendon are playing this week? Have you worked out why our CEO might have said that? Might have been mind games for the team we're playing this week? Or are you really that ******* stupid that you think that wouldn't come into play?

Well that's amusing, there was literally nothing to suggest that Essendon were interested in Reid last year. The increased estimate in the CBA will come into play. I guarantee it.

Have you looked at who Essendon are playing this week? Have you worked out why our CEO might have said that? Might have been mind games for the team we're playing this week? Or are you really that ******* stupid that you think that wouldn't come into play?
My bad Richard's

Essendon are no chance at Martin. Literally none. They just don't have the coin unless they heavily back end it. Plus I don't think Martin is keen on essendon at all. Neither is fyfe or kelly.

My bad Richard's

Essendon are no chance at Martin. Literally none. They just don't have the coin unless they heavily back end it. Plus I don't think Martin is keen on essendon at all. Neither is fyfe or kelly.
His manager was saying that to cover his arse for royally screwing up a guaranteed 2 year contract for Sydney. Richards didn't go to Essendon because Stewart was better and we decided to keep Yestin Eades.

Essendon have the coin. We're not getting Martin though, you're correct about that. Keep on speaking about stuff you have no clue about. I'll laugh at you when October comes around and you're proven to be full of s**t.

The apparent question:

Can North fit in Kelly, Dusty and Billings?

No, but St.Kilda can fit in Kelly, Dusty, Fyfe and Billings.
Can't wait to see who else they can fit in.

His manager was saying that to cover his arse for royally screwing up a guaranteed 2 year contract for Sydney. Richards didn't go to Essendon because Stewart was better and we decided to keep Yestin Eades.

Essendon have the coin. We're not getting Martin though, you're correct about that. Keep on speaking about stuff you have no clue about. I'll laugh at you when October comes around and you're proven to be full of s**t.
Proven to be full of s**t on what? My claim that essendon will not get any of fyfe, Martin, kelly or Billings?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back