Recommitted Jack Billings [re-signed until end of 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

you got no idea

Watched a lot of Billings. One of the most disappointing top 3 picks in recent years for output compared to potential and talent. Had no injuries or excuses just didn’t live up the hype. Not surprising he’s having a good year when he knows a contract is coming g up, classic vanilla type of player that he is.

Watched a lot of Billings. One of the most disappointing top 3 picks in recent years for output compared to potential and talent. Had no injuries or excuses just didn’t live up the hype. Not surprising he’s having a good year when he knows a contract is coming g up, classic vanilla type of player that he is.
no injuries? his first 3 years he had injury worries. he's a kid that is devoid of confidence. when he trusts in himself and believes that he belongs he carves teams up

Plenty of injuries. Think he missed the last half of 2015 with injuries and a fair chunk of 2016 with the same injury.

Had a dissapointing 2018, there is no denying that.

talent isn’t the question, i think his desire/ heart is the question.

I really like him playing up in the midfield and has had a great start to the year, and would defs be in All Australian contention.

He’s averaging 29 disposals and seems to be having giving his 100%, which i questioned over the years.

More than happier to pay 800k for him, has loads of potential.

Jesus Christ Tom Morris just reported on the couch he will be staying at St Kilda, deal will be done at the end of the year, both parties in agreement and will be a minimum of $900,000 PER YEAR!

He’s handy but WOW!

Gresham for 700 and Billings for 900 would be a bit weird. Should be the other way around you’d think. I know Billings has had a better start to the year but Gresh could attract more on the market I reckon.

Gresham for 700 and Billings for 900 would be a bit weird. Should be the other way around you’d think. I know Billings has had a better start to the year but Gresh could attract more on the market I reckon.

Talk of Pies only offering Grundy 700 and these two getting 1.6 mil combined. Crazy talk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy is a 6 year $7 million dollar player

Best Ruckman in the league and racks up touches and tackles like an elite mid

Exactly right. Crazy that Collingwood can only offer him 700k a year and he’s seriously considering staying. Especially if someone like Billings if Commanding 900k!

In comparison Grundy is worth 1.5mil p.y

The potential is there admittedly for Billings. But people gotta be realistic, so none of that Billings is better than De Goey bs on the Billings vs De Goey thread...

But yes, think he'd excel at a club like Hawthorn or Collingwood which can both make full use of Billings running and link up ability.

Billings would be exceptional if played as a permanent outside mid to cover up his poor goal kicking accuracy.

The potential is there admittedly for Billings. But people gotta be realistic, so none of that Billings is better than De Goey bs on the Billings vs De Goey thread...

But yes, think he'd excel at a club like Hawthorn or Collingwood which can both make full use of Billings running and link up ability.

Billings would be exceptional if played as a permanent outside mid to cover up his poor goal kicking accuracy.
Really confused by this

He is played as an outside mid?

You watched a lot of Billings but missed all of his injuries?

He is literally an outside midfielder....

Exactly right. Crazy that Collingwood can only offer him 700k a year and he’s seriously considering staying. Especially if someone like Billings if Commanding 900k!

In comparison Grundy is worth 1.5mil p.y
The reality is, he can make that money in endorsements and other such deals at Collingwood and make up the difference.

God some absolute nuffies in this thread.

Doubt it’ll be 900k a year, that’s too much.

Any club crazy enough to offer a B Grader like Billings that amount of coin deserves to be liquidated.

But i think i agree with you, surely no club is that desperate or irresponsible enough to throw up that kind of money for about 98 % of players in the league.

But knowing how much money North threw away on Polec, nothing would shock me anymore

Any club crazy enough to offer a B Grader like Billings that amount of coin deserves to be liquidated.

But i think i agree with you, surely no club is that desperate or irresponsible enough to throw up that kind of money for about 98 % of players in the league.

But knowing how much money North threw away on Polec, nothing would shock me anymore
The only way he'd get that money is if its a short contract (2 years).
The problem is you have to spend a minimum of your salary cap, and we'd be struggling to do that. Hannebery is our highest paid player on 800k so we've got plenty of cap space.

The only way he'd get that money is if its a short contract (2 years).
The problem is you have to spend a minimum of your salary cap, and we'd be struggling to do that. Hannebery is our highest paid player on 800k so we've got plenty of cap space.

It wouldn't surprise me if both Billings's new contact is heavily front ended. Would allow for St Kilda to meet the salary cap minimum and keep options open for recruitment in the future.

Everyone does also need to remember with these new contracts (last year and from now on) that they are at least 20% higher than previous ones, due to the new CBA.

So a $900K PA contract is the equivalent of a $750K one two years ago.

Still doubt he'll be getting that much tho. Especially since we've probably been overpaying him in recent years to help us get to the minimum cap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back