Recommitted Jack Billings [re-signed until end of 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

My God, Collingwood supporters and their worship of the Deity that is DeGoey are annoying.

Billings is looking seriously good this year and is taking that next step up. 28 touches and 2 goals against us. His touches are generally very good as well.

Any club would happily pay a top 10 pick for him

He's always been a pretty shy bloke, not sure that's the best gauge. He'll have suitors if he looks but it's not like we're short of salary cap space. Won't let him go without a fight.
Not worth reading into anything really. Billings would be silly to say "zero chance I leave" because that wipes a couple hundred thousand off his next contract. Better off staying tight lipped in the interest of getting the best possible deal from the Saints if he does elect to stay

My God, Collingwood supporters and their worship of the Deity that is DeGoey are annoying.

Billings is looking seriously good this year and is taking that next step up. 28 touches and 2 goals against us. His touches are generally very good as well.

I'd happily trade a future 1st (with a bit more value coming back, like swapping our 3rd for Saints 2nd). Everyone has been shitting on Billings the last few years because he hasn't reached the heights of Bont and Kelly who were the two picks surrounding him. Not everyone develops at the same pace, some players take longer than others to show their ability. This is looking like the year for Billings to really prove his worth

32 & 2* ;)

He was just on AFL Tonight, got asked if he was staying at the Saints and he was pretty unconvincing. Just said his manager handles that and it's up to him... In fairness though he was very nervous, so wouldn't read too much into it.
He said his manager handles if he stays or goes? Are you sure about that?

He said his manager handles if he stays or goes? Are you sure about that?

Yep, or words to that effect. He got asked if he was staying at the Saints and his response was 'my manager handles that stuff and it's up to him'.

Like I said though, he was really nervous, it was more just a deadbat to a question he really didn't want to field than anything else.

Yep, or words to that effect. He got asked if he was staying at the Saints and his response was 'my manager handles that stuff and it's up to him'.

Like I said though, he was really nervous, it was more just a deadbat to a question he really didn't want to field than anything else.
Yeah he isn't good in front of a camera or mic lol never has been

Lmao at top 8 pick. Did danger even net that?
I think you need to have a look at the types you generally get with picks like seven and eight.

You'd take Billings over most of them without hesitating if it was his type that you were after.

He was a top three pick in one of the strongest drafts in years and has had comfortably the third best overall career to date of all the top ten of that draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David Armitage is our third highest paid player (behind Hanneberry & Steven) on about 650k & his contract finishes up this year. I’d imagine a chunk of that will go towards pay rises for Billings & Gresham who are probably on close to 450-500k each at the moment. The club could give Gresham 350k & Billings 300k pay rises which would be from the Armitage pool.

The other one is Dylan Roberton who is on big money & unlikely to play again. He is rumoured to be on 600k +. I’m unsure if his payout would count towards the salary cap.

I think StKilda will get Billings done without too much fuss - plenty of money and nothing to suggest he is unhappy and the club seems to be going in the right direction - moving back to Moorabbin will help attract and retain players.

Like Luke Hodge in his early years, Billings gets seriously underrated due to comparisons with Bont and Kelly. He is not better than either (although his form this year is better than both at the moment) but I have no doubt he will finish with an AA or two and in time his draft year will be right up with 2001 as the best to date.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back