Recommitted Jack Billings [re-signed until 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lose Dumont but gain billings

Sounds like a decent end result
Not really. During the rebuild you want to prioritise young players who will be with you 10 years if they work out. If you do get an early 20's pick for Dumont, better to use that and try and get a FA next year.

IMO.

Not really. During the rebuild you want to prioritise young players who will be with you 10 years if they work out. If you do get an early 20's pick for Dumont, better to use that and try and get a FA next year.

IMO.

I agree.

I'd much rather add a Ned Long or Arlo Draper type than a 26/27 year old Billings on a big wage.

We already have one of those types in Polec.

I agree.

I'd much rather add a Ned Long or Arlo Draper type than a 26/27 year old Billings on a big wage.

We already have one of those types in Polec.
Comparing Polec to Billings is crazy as billings is a few cogs up in football ability and Polec is just a terrible trade

Ned Long / Arlo Draper are kids you need to draft where Billings is a free agent that wont require a trade just a good contract
I cant see how you compare these 2 situations

Ned Long / Arlo Draper are kids you need to draft where Billings is a free agent that wont require a trade just a good contract
I cant see how you compare these 2 situations

Do you ever read more than 1 post above the last?

The entire discussion was revolving around Billings actually costing North a low 20’s pick.

So, not so hard to compare the situations...

Do you ever read more than 1 post above the last?

The entire discussion was revolving around Billings actually costing North a low 20’s pick.

So, not so hard to compare the situations...
Again its just stupid

North have more salary cap space the the packers have money why would there even be a trade when billings is a free agent
No Chance in the world North trade a pick for a free agent with their current situation.

The argument above as you call it is just stupid spit balling

Again its just stupid

North have more salary cap space the the packers have money why would there even be a trade when billings is a free agent
No Chance in the world North trade a pick for a free agent with their current situation.

* me.

You really didn’t read the few posts above, again....

He’d be a really good option for North if they could get him without having to trade for him.

Would help them meet the minimum salary cap requirements, would provide leadership and experience (he’s in our leadership group), and would compliment all the inside types they’ve recruited recently. And if they front-end his contract, they won’t be paying him much by the time all their recent draftees are requiring bigger contracts.
I am going to ask you an honest question and will demand a civilized reply and don't go all bird_man on me lol.

If a random club offers Jack billings a 4 year deal at $750,000 a year and saints finish around 7th to 11th that means pick 9-14, would the saints accept it?

If a team offers billings a 4 year deal at $600-650,000 a year deal and it's a 2nd rounder around 27-32, would the saints take it or match the bid?

Again its just stupid

Mate, they're saying their going to lose Dumont to FA, which because they're last on the ladder will get them a pick around 20 odd (before F/S, academy). So bringing in Billings as a FA will cost them that pick.

So the question becomes, is it better for the rebuild to use pick #20 and keep the salary cap, or to bring in Billings.

Maybe, as Sphynx suggested, you could read the posts which were driving the discussion? And maybe not call people stupid when we're having a considered discussion and you can't be arsed to read back what the background was?

Mate, they're saying their going to lose Dumont to FA, which because they're last on the ladder will get them a pick around 20 odd (before F/S, academy). So bringing in Billings as a FA will cost them that pick.

So the question becomes, is it better for the rebuild to use pick #20 and keep the salary cap, or to bring in Billings.

Maybe, as Sphynx suggested, you could read the posts which were driving the discussion? And maybe not call people stupid when we're having a considered discussion and you can't be arsed to read back what the background was?

Surely Dumont doesn’t get them pick 20.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You understand the average AFL wage is only $380k don’t you?

He’s also got close to the max age weighting.

Probably only needs a contract of around $350-400k to get Band 3 given his age.
Brad Crouch got Adelaide band 3 compo for contract meant to be around 500-600k. So no chance a 350-400k contract gets band 3 compo for Dumont.

Brad Crouch got Adelaide band 3 compo for contract meant to be around 500-600k. So no chance a 350-400k contract gets band 3 compo for Dumont.

Again, you don’t understand the system.

Band 3 captures a huge portion of players from about $500k through to $300k

Crouch was on the upper end closer to Band 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back