Recommitted Jack Billings [re-signed until 2025]

Atomboy

Premiership Player
Jan 22, 2007
Yes
AFL Club
St Kilda
Can't imagine him leaving, but if he did it would need to be a huge offer in $$$ and years.

Would hate to see him go but I’m not sure it would take much to prise him out if he had a bad year in 2021.

Hasn’t really set the world on the fire at the Saints, might enjoy a change of scenery.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Really? Why's that?

What would St Kilda offer to keep him? I don't have a great read on where he sits in St Kilda's pecking order currently.
He'd be on pretty big money already (at least $700K PA I'd say), so he'd presumably need a bigger offer for multiple years to want to leave. Especially as we've probably overpaid him in his time with us and in particular if we go well again this year.

If he stays it will probably be for a fair bit less than other clubs are offering him.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
He'd be on pretty big money already (at least $700K PA I'd say), so he'd presumably need a bigger offer for multiple years to want to leave. Especially as we've probably overpaid him in his time with us and in particular if we go well again this year.

If he stays it will probably be for a fair bit less than other clubs are offering him.

If he is earning that much. Could take a pay cut to get a chance a flag - cats, wce, port?

Still young at 25. Plenty of big contracts later

Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
If he is earning that much. Could take a pay cut to get a chance a flag - cats, wce, port?

I highly doubt he would go interstate and you would think Geelong would start to drop of over coming seasons

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC

He's as likely to win a flag at the Saints IMO.

The issue with Billings is despite his ability he's never had dominant season which would entice a club to sign him on a big contract.

I reckon he's one of those guys who'll be consistently good, maybe nab one or two AA nods if and when St Kilda go through a successful period, but ultimately never break into the top bracket.

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dogs might sniff around. They would have been upset that the Saints snatched him before their first pick in 2013 draft.

He's as likely to win a flag at the Saints IMO.

The issue with Billings is despite his ability he's never had dominant season which would entice a club to sign him on a big contract.

I reckon he's one of those guys who'll be consistently good, maybe nab one or two AA nods if and when St Kilda go through a successful period, but ultimately never break into the top bracket.
Pretty good analysis of the situation tbh

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
I’d be surprised if tigers recruited anyone of note at years end unless they plan on losing a few like Bolton, balta etc out of contract
Yep. As an oppo supporter who isn’t as close to our list, it may seem that way.

Id be surprised if we didn’t prise a player from another club using that first rounder.

Back