Recommitted Jack Billings [re-signed until 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
What kind of twilight zone have I come in to where Jack Billings is getting a $1m p.a contract offer?

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Mate they have been banking for 5 years and have no other players to front load. Just have a look at their list
Ziebull , Goldstein , Cunnington are all coming to the end and salaries will be under 500k

They will struggle to meet the 95% and probably have $3 mill banked already
Who will they pay ? They need to utilise free agency and front load as Carlton did with Martin
There are plenty of other options for spending money rather than paying a bloke almost double what he us worth.

First would be getting their young existing players on some longer term deals which would allow them to front load and leave more money for when they look to be more competitive.

They could also target 2 or 3 young players for the money they'd be spending on Billings by giving them healthy contracts and offering them more opportunity.

Billings isn't going to turn them into a finals side.

Dogs all over Billing’s

If the Dunkley deal goes down as I still think it will Billing’s is a dog next year.
He does play his best against the Dogs and Bains knows him well, they could make a push. Is he what they need?

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Strange they were linked to hogan. Treloar. Crouch. Etc if there was fear is losing those types.

Don't know why you guys were interested in Hogan. I know Fonzie Riewoldt is probably in his final season but Hogan is totally cooked.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
26 touches and 2 goals continues his good form in contract years
Also 12 contested possessions (while playing almost exclusively forward), 12 score involvements and 3 tackles inside 50.

For the year he’s averaging

24 disposals
1.5 goals
7 marks
7 score involvements
100 fantasy points

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Reportedly tore his plantar fascia in the warmup, so was a fair effort to play the game after that.

Second time in a week we’ve had someone do that either during or before the game.
This then begs the question on why they played him in the game ?
Why wouldn't they just replace him with 1 of the emergencies

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Well we’d already made two late changes, on top of all our other injuries, so we probably figured we’d be better off with an injured Billings than any other option.
Coming up against the best running team as well as one of the fastest with a manic game plan
Not sure you take injured player into that game - Usually wont end too well

Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wingard, Moore and Brockman look talented enough to cover that I reckon. Wingard and Billings splitting their time 50/50 forward and midfield would be pretty neat.
Played all his junior footy as a high half forward that’s definitely his best position we’re he plays best but we for some reason have always been hell bent on turning him into a pure midfielder

puppy_dog7

Premiership Player
Jul 29, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
Why is it Carlton supporters throwing shade at Billings? I’d have thought they’d be the last club to do so after all the trash they’ve traded in.
Or maybe it has something to do with Billings averaging 23 disposals and 1.7 goals against them?

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's an interesting one.

He might get pushed out by the St Kilda spending spree of the last few years.

Can see a similar situation and contract to Brad Crouch last year.

St Kilda fans seem OK about his potential departure as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back