Traded Jack Bowes [Traded to Geelong with #7 for F3]

Remove this Banner Ad

Like to avoid sending a 2nd for Bowes, see what happens though.
Why? You get we will be getting pick 7 and bowes. Pick 7 would usually cost around pick 12 and two second rounders alone.

dont see why gold coast needs to give pick 7 at all. they should just trade bowes for pick 99. Bascially you get bowes for free but have two years of high salary.

I've been saying this on here back when we were winning flags and Melbourne spoons. It is crazy that North have to pay 95% for their players that Geelong do. It just breeds mediocrity in weaker teams and encourages good teams to stay together. Lower it to 80-85% and it gives clubs an easy $2m bank they can use to target good players from good teams
Its not absurd when you account for frontloading and backending contracts. The whole point of it is to help with equalisation. i.e. teams with s**t lists are supposed to front load contracts enabling them to have a ridiculous amount of free money to chase players in a couple of years time. If they only use 60 percent of their salary during their crap years they end up with less money to chase stars cos they have to pat their existing players more in 2-5 years time then they would compared with front loading.

what has hurt equalisation is free agency. Not minimum cap payments.

Its not absurd when you account for frontloading and backending contracts. The whole point of it is to help with equalisation. i.e. teams with s**t lists are supposed to front load contracts enabling them to have a ridiculous amount of free money to chase players in a couple of years time. If they only use 60 percent of their salary during their crap years they end up with less money to chase stars cos they have to player their existing players more in 2-5 years time then they would with front loading.

The minimum Cap is the biggest disadvantage in the sport.

You can have the worst list in the game , and best list separated by 700k or there abouts.

That's one fairly good player, or 3 with fish and chip shop endorsements

The minimum Cap is the biggest disadvantage in the sport.

You can have the worst list in the game , and best list separated by 700k or there abouts.

That's one fairly good player, or 3 with fish and chip shop endorsements
Ok read my post again. Clearly it went straight over your head.

I've been saying this on here back when we were winning flags and Melbourne spoons. It is crazy that North have to pay 95% for their players that Geelong do. It just breeds mediocrity in weaker teams and encourages good teams to stay together. Lower it to 80-85% and it gives clubs an easy $2m bank they can use to target good players from good teams
What's the logic behind the 95% min?

Why? You get we will be getting pick 7 and bowes. Pick 7 would usually cost around pick 12 and two second rounders alone.

dont see why gold coast needs to give pick 7 at all. they should just trade bowes for pick 99. Bascially you get bowes for free but have two years of high salary.
I know it just gets messy with the Bruhn & Henry trades but I am sure we work it out.

I think cats will have to trade some of their picks this year to a club for a future 2nd after the Bowes deal. Giants aren't going to budge on Bruhn and Ratugolea isn't going to get them a future 2nd from port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think cats will have to trade some of their picks this year to a club for a future 2nd after the Bowes deal. Giants aren't going to budge on Bruhn and Ratugolea isn't going to get them a future 2nd from port.
Sav might get them a f3rd. They might be able to switch a couple of their current f3rds for a f3rd. GWS can trade pies 2nd back to the cats to tick a box of we throwin extra value. There's enough pieces to get it done.

The cats will only have 2 spots at the draft and they have a natural pick 40-50 academy player so if they walk in with 7 and 70 after getting all their trade targets in and not annihilating their 2023 draft completely then I think they'll be fine with it

Sav might get them a f3rd. They might be able to switch a couple of their current f3rds for a f3rd. GWS can trade pies 2nd back to the cats to tick a box of we throwin extra value. There's enough pieces to get it done.

The cats will only have 2 spots at the draft and they have a natural pick 40-50 academy player so if they walk in with 7 and 70 after getting all their trade targets in and not annihilating their 2023 draft completely then I think they'll be fine with it
Either way cats will need to work hard to get all their players in.

It is staggering that any player would even consider going to either club.

They are both toxic sewers ATM.

They are radioactive!

And sadly by association so are North and Brissie.

Hawthorn of 2022 under Mitchell has been deemed a vibrant and culturally safe/sensitive club.

We will deal with the fall out of what happened in the past but looking at the way we operate under Mitchell it seems to be a lot more positive and open.

Hawthorn of 2022 under Mitchell has been deemed a vibrant and culturally safe/sensitive club.

We will deal with the fall out of what happened in the past but looking at the way we operate under Mitchell it seems to be a lot more positive and open.
Maybe.

Your board is a joke.

President incredibly divisive.

You are being investigated by 2-3 external authorities.

A dark shadow hangs over the club.

It will have repercussions, and player attraction is one of them.

You'd think it would mainly benefit players who play at average teams where they'd prefer the minimum cap to be lowered though? I don't see teams that are contending with good players having issues hitting the cap minimum. I'm sure North would prefer not to pay overs for some of their players given the cap minimum... which would leave them better positioned to make proper Godfather offers to out of contract stars. Having a high cap minimum only really benefits the crappy players making

Its not absurd when you account for frontloading and backending contracts. The whole point of it is to help with equalisation. i.e. teams with s**t lists are supposed to front load contracts enabling them to have a ridiculous amount of free money to chase players in a couple of years time. If they only use 60 percent of their salary during their crap years they end up with less money to chase stars cos they have to pat their existing players more in 2-5 years time then they would compared with front loading.

You have clubs like North paying Tarryn Thomas 700k just to reach the floor. He has got his money after showing a little promise so barely put an effort in this year. If he was at Geelong based on talent he would probably be on 300-400k and would be pushing himself to earn a better contract

Gold Coast frontended Ablett's contract and he decided to leave when it came to his cheaper year (it wasn't the only reason he left). So they would be wary of frontending contracts as well.

It is staggering that any player would even consider going to either club.

They are both toxic sewers ATM.

They are radioactive!

And sadly by association so are North and Brissie.
excuse me, but please don't associate other clubs with our toxicity

minnows tailing our coats

They want a future 2nd for academy kids next year which is why 7 is being included. If they didn't they would trade him for nearly nothing.
if 7 is on the table for academy points, I can think of plenty of clubs that would load them with more points for the pick.
they stand to lose a good 1100 points on that trade. find it staggering GCS would do it and the AFL would approve it...esp 3 years after they gifted the Suns picks they also squandered for peanuts (to Geelong no less)

if 7 is on the table for academy points, I can think of plenty of clubs that would load them with more points for the pick.
they stand to lose a good 1100 points on that trade. find it staggering GCS would do it and the AFL would approve it...esp 3 years after they gifted the Suns picks they also squandered for peanuts (to Geelong no less)
Suns got Sharp out of that deal who seems to be a better player than the guy picked up at the pick they gave us who is sitting in the 2s at gws. Not sure you can list the trade they did with us as squandering picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back