GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Jack Bytel - Calder Cannons
Midfielder
188 cm 79 kg
14/3/2000

Played 10 TAC Cup games and 1 Vic Metro game

BOG for team Harvey in the U17 all star game.

Predicted to go top 10 and looking back at some of his games I'd put him in a group with Walsh and Rozee, right behind Rankine.

Early thoughts and predictions

Jack Bytel - Calder Cannons
Midfielder
188 cm 79 kg
14/3/2000

Played 10 TAC Cup games and 1 Vic Metro game

BOG for team Harvey in the U17 all star game.

Predicted to go top 10 and looking back at some of his games I'd put him in a group with Walsh and Rozee, right behind Rankine.

Early thoughts and predictions
Yeah definitely top 10 at this early stage but we all know things can change very quickly.

Bump

Looks like he will go late , Hope its very late and richmonds #64

Am hoping Essendon takes him at 34. Big bodied inside midfielder is exactly what we need. Obviously rated highly so the kid can play, why is he slipping down so many draft boards?

Am hoping Essendon takes him at 34. Big bodied inside midfielder is exactly what we need. Obviously rated highly so the kid can play, why is he slipping down so many draft boards?
Read the first post, he has played 10 TAC Cup games and 1 Vic Metro game in two years. Suffering from a back issue (stress fractures) also had a number of different issues last season. Yes he can play when fit so the club that takes him have a lot of work to do. Still not fit enough to participate in the combine.

Why do I get this unsettling feeling he barracks for the bombers and they take him at 34? He did train with them earlier this year didn't he?

they need more bulls inside.

Exactly my point. Will be interesting to see if my conspiracy theory becomes reality or I'm just being paranoid haha.

Bombers have been known to play games with prospects they like eg Heppell, Kavanaugh etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do I get this unsettling feeling he barracks for the bombers and they take him at 34? He did train with them earlier this year didn't he?
Who was that kid that was a mad Bombers supporter that thought his sh!t didnt stink and the bombers go a bargain with him ??

Elliot Kelvinator or something ;)

That was what he played last year. Played another 6 TAC Cup games this year and 3 champs, so 20 games at those levels in two years, plus perhaps more at school level.
Went to Maribrnong college so no school footy games that I'm aware of

And Bytel was in year 12 last year so unfortunately has only played the 20 competitive games in 2 years
So do you think he was worth the gamble? I know he didn't test at the combine, but did he do any tests afterwards. I heard that he may of.

So do you think he was worth the gamble? I know he didn't test at the combine, but did he do any tests afterwards. I heard that he may of.
He was part of the group that did 2km in front of recruiters a week before the draft. Don't know his score but I assume he did well enough.
Apparently he's back is fine now after a lot of rehab
I'd say he was worth the gamble, I would've prefered him for GWS over Hill personally as I think the reward far outweighs the risk past pick 20.

He was part of the group that did 2km in front of recruiters a week before the draft. Don't know his score but I assume he did well enough.
Apparently he's back is fine now after a lot of rehab
I'd say he was worth the gamble, I would've prefered him for GWS over Hill personally as I think the reward far outweighs the risk past pick 20.
I'm surprised Essendon went with Mosquito, when everybody said they would go for Bytel. Guess he is a two year project. Let him play VFL and develop.

Wanted us to have the choice between Bytel and Ross at our pick, and nearly did.

If we picked him I’d have backed him in as he’s more talented than Ross. But he has had a bad back, and these things can linger. Surgery doesn’t often help, so you just have to hope it’s going to be ok and not affect his game long term. Then there’s his will to win and better himself. Is it greater than Ross, who may be less talented, but wants to extract every bit of himself into a successful football career.

My head would say Ross every day, but my heart says Bytel.

Just hoping those injuries don’t plague him and he has the will to succeed. He could be fun to watch.

It will be interesting to see how his career progresses as I see him as someone who could flame out quickly if his body doesn’t get right I just hope he is willing to put in the hard work to rehab his injury issues
Did I read he is on a modified training program?
Wish him the best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back