Toast Jack Crisp

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Crisp and De Goey have added alot to your team.

Until we get ourselves a marking target up front to instil some confidence in the mids, that won't change.
If I was a Brisbane supporter I wouldn't be worried. You got the cream of this deal and paid a fair price that favoured you side of the deals as it always was going to. . Beams is elite and should be for years. De Goey hasn't added anything yet but looks good. Crisp has won us over quickly. Didn't see him as likely best 22 early in the year but has been good to date. Still it's early days for him. We have to fit Sidebottom and Greenwood back into the 22 and will be looking for Freeman and DeGoey as well as Scharenberg to step into the 22 in the next 12 months so some of the current lot will miss. Jack needs to continue to build but you can't help but like how he goes about it.

You don't land a player like Dayne Beams without seeing a former player doing well at another team in exchange.

Glad Collingwood supporters have come around on him. They will learn about football from us eventually. :)

Jack was always a good player and I'm getting pretty sick and tired of pies supporters coming here and telling us what we already know.

It's bad enough having to listen to the commentators talk up our ex players like Docerty when he has shown just as much with us as he has with Carlton. * the police.

If I was a Brisbane supporter I wouldn't be worried. You got the cream of this deal and paid a fair price that favoured you side of the deals as it always was going to. . Beams is elite and should be for years. De Goey hasn't added anything yet but looks good. Crisp has won us over quickly. Didn't see him as likely best 22 early in the year but has been good to date. Still it's early days for him. We have to fit Sidebottom and Greenwood back into the 22 and will be looking for Freeman and DeGoey as well as Scharenberg to step into the 22 in the next 12 months so some of the current lot will miss. Jack needs to continue to build but you can't help but like how he goes about it.

I genuinely hope in 6 months to a year etc.. both sides can say "hey wasn't that deal, at the end of the day good for both parties?" I hate this dick measuring and comparing of "who got the best deal" or "Who won" ... why can't it be beneficial when you consider all of the circumstances for both sides ... perhaps our history stands in the way of rational thought.

Jack was always a good player and I'm getting pretty sick and tired of pies supporters coming here and telling us what we already know.

It's bad enough having to listen to the commentators talk up our ex players like Docerty when he has shown just as much with us as he has with Carlton. **** the police.

Even Patfull is suddenly being recognised as the star he is. Got no acknowledgement up here for years by the wider footy media... Even when winning B&Fs.

It's bad enough having to listen to the commentators talk up our ex players like Docerty when he has shown just as much with us as he has with Carlton. **** the police.
I said the same thing to my old man tonight... like a massive punch in the guts each time they get the ball..

It is extremely frustrating. Also living I'm Victoria (where most of those guya play) you end up seeing them every week.

I mean you don't really hear people talking up yeo and he was easily the best performed lion before he left.

Even Patfull is suddenly being recognised as the star he is. Got no acknowledgement up here for years by the wider footy media... Even when winning B&Fs.

It really sucks when it takes a guy leaving for him to finally be appreciated.

No offense intended to the people who frequent this thread but I really hope to see it fall away ASAP. We toasted him and sent him on his way, I don't see the point keeping tabs on he and other ex lions players at their new clubs, particularly when we have our own players to keep tabs on.

No offense intended to the people who frequent this thread but I really hope to see it fall away ASAP. We toasted him and sent him on his way, I don't see the point keeping tabs on he and other ex lions players at their new clubs, particularly when we have our own players to keep tabs on.

Well, given Patfull is always going to be a favourite amongst the Lions faithful for all his great service over nine years and that Crisp willingly gave himself up for a trade to get Beams back home, I think they deserve for us to keep a little bit of an eye on them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poster warned for lies.
We are happy due to the fact the Lions tried to hold our club to ransom over the whole Beams trade. Everyone is football admitted pick5 alone wasn't enough but every lions fan on here said pick 5 was easily enough. Next time if Lions poach a contracted player again and offer him 850k they have to be prepared to pay the price

We are happy due to the fact the Lions tried to hold our club to ransom over the whole Beams trade. Everyone is football admitted pick5 alone wasn't enough but every lions fan on here said pick 5 was easily enough. Next time if Lions poach a contracted player again and offer him 850k they have to be prepared to pay the price

Keep the Collingwood fan fiction on the Collingwood board please.

How can you hold a ransom on a contracted player?

If we didn't pay, he would stay.

Your club is everything thats wrong with the AFL.

Well, given Patfull is always going to be a favourite amongst the Lions faithful for all his great service over nine years and that Crisp willingly gave himself up for a trade to get Beams back home, I think they deserve for us to keep a little bit of an eye on them.
Fair enough. Be nice if we paid more attention to our own players but I generally like to see ex-players do well, provided they did the right thing by the club.

You are crying over a proposed deal that occurred over 6 months ago? A proposed deal that didn't even eventuate? I shouldn't be surprised that you have an inability to get over things though. There seems to be a large number of Pies fans that still can't get over something that happened at the end of 2002 and 2003 let alone the end of 2014.

How can you hold a ransom on a contracted player?

If we didn't pay, he would stay.
you used his fathers illness against us, you know how Lions handled it was pathetic and if it comes back to bite you then so be it

Fair enough. Be nice if we paid more attention to our own players but I generally like to see ex-players do well, provided they did the right thing by the club.

I don't really think you guys are paying that much more attention to other players, I mean, it's only one thread out of how many? I say "you guys" because I'm actually flying to Sydney next week to watch one of our ex-players play, thus I'm paying considerably more attention to ex-players than you guys are.

you used his fathers illness against us, you know how Lions handled it was pathetic and if it comes back to bite you then so be it
Time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back