Player Watch Jack Crisp

Remove this Banner Ad

And still a very decent wingman.. what was he averaging over 20.. and those on the run sausage rolls with the obligatory fist pump re..

Langdon and Crisp were both actually quite decent playing on the wing. Something to always fall back on.
Totally agree. Crisp has been super down back and has lost none of his pace despite bulking up a bit to play down back.
I often find myself toying with the idea of bringing Goldsack into the backline so we can push Crispy up the field at times. Miss those outside 50m running goals. Would still hold his own in the midfield too I reckon.
Crispy is Cream

And still a very decent wingman.. what was he averaging over 20.. and those on the run sausage rolls with the obligatory fist pump re..

Langdon and Crisp were both actually quite decent playing on the wing. Something to always fall back on.
Can play centre square too. Bloody good footballer.

You don't get in until your second year at the level. Whilst it sounds wrong, i don't mind it. It's a high achievement accolade, when in doubt give it to the bloke who hS been playing at that level for longer.
It's wrong and it's very inconsistent. It's just a throwaway line the selectors, or those on tv at least, use to kill conversation and controversy.

It's wrong and it's very inconsistent. It's just a throwaway line the selectors, or those on tv at least, use to kill conversation and controversy.
The only inconsistency is that they occasionally let a highly touted youngster skip earning his dues. The way i see it is that half the time there is no right answer, there's just a bunch of highly subjective decisions. When splitting blokes, duration of excellence seems an appropriate criteria to me.

Loved this bloke from the start I'd expect him to be aa this year but either way he's a gun for us just entering his prime.

Is getting more of the ball this season and has ironed out the poor kicking evident in early rounds. What's impressed me of late is his aerial work, one grab contested pack marks. Very good¡

What is best for us is he signed for another 5 yrs and has cost hardly anything and has been and continues to be a fantastic signing for us probably the best signing for us from another club for a long while.

The club really nailed it with Jack,I saw Jack in a couple of games for the Lions in his last season there and boy did,nt they get that one wrong not I am complaining,high class player and individual is Crispy.

What is best for us is he signed for another 5 yrs and has cost hardly anything and has been and continues to be a fantastic signing for us probably the best signing for us from another club for a long while.

The club really nailed it with Jack,I saw Jack in a couple of games for the Lions in his last season there and boy did,nt they get that one wrong not I am complaining,high class player and individual is Crispy.
Yep our steak knives are made from Valerian steel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m really glad after an off-season injury that he made it to round one. I know consecutive games aren’t everything but he’s building up a pretty good collection and it would have been a shame to break that run.

I reckon he's been working back to his best. It was noticeable early year he'd missed a good chunk of pre-season. His last couple of weeks have been excellent.

100 games for Collingwood this weekend!

Excellent. Every supporter loves a story like this, it warms the heart. The ugly Brisbane duckling is now a proud... magpie; anyway, you all get my drift.

Last edited:
I wonder what length of career is the longest with consecutive games?

So game 1 till which number game was the exact full career?

In test cricket, Adam Gilchrist had the record I believe with 96 uninterrupted tests, being his whole career.
Tony Greig had the record for a long time with 58.
But now it’s Brendon McCullum with 101 consecutive tests being his whole test career.

I wonder what length of career is the longest with consecutive games?

So game 1 till which number game was the exact full career?

In test cricket, Adam Gilchrist had the record I believe with 96 uninterrupted tests, being his whole career.
Tony Greig had the record for a long time with 58.
But now it’s Brendon McCullum with 101 consecutive tests being his whole test career.

Unrelated but didn’t Jack Anthony play a record number of consecutive games from debut kicking at least one goal every game? It was about 35 iirc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back