News Jack Darling resumes with WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What about people who have had the vaccine, but don't support vacc mandates? At least 10 to 20% of people who have been double jabbed would not have taken the vaccine bar for the punishment for not taking it. Let's be real, there is no choice for most people. Lose your job, get fined OR have your freedom of movement constricted.

Whilst I don't agree with his decision i 100% respect that he is sticking to his guns about it. That takes real guts.
What people seem to forget though, is that there have been vaccine mandates for 100's of jobs for years!!

My sister worked in child care and she had to have the whooping cough and flu vaccines. I worked in a job where we repaired waste pumps and had to have shots and vaccines for a range of things.
My mum is a nurse in kids ward and they have had to to have vaccines.

This is nothing new but why aren't there people out protesting against these vaccine mandates??

we are now at 3 jabs, what will be your limit before you say enough is enough, is there a number or is it as many your told to? Its an interesting question and i guess it will effect many people differently.

I have a flu jab every year and had to retake my measles as a teacher, as I lost my vaccination record.

It’s just a needle ffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope big Jack holds fast and pulls the pin. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll be gutted not to see him running around in the wings ninja flipping. And part of me will always think he’s a bit of a tool because it’s just a friggin’ needle or three, but I’ll respect the fact he stuck to his guns despite knowing he’d cop some serious heat. I can only imagine what his socials are looking like right now.

I can kind of understand his decision, I know people who have done the same thing and thrown it all away over refusal of the jab… it’s his right to do this but really this is all a bit silly.. the guy looks fit, the squad looked like it was going well and this could have broader consequences on the year outside of his position on field now being vacant. These footballers can be rather precious…

Hurry back Jack

Jack just proved he is not a team player.

On several levels.

Thats the sad bit.

Spot on. Move him on as he will never regain full trust.
We just have to cut our losses.

Was Willie a team player pulling bongs?

Cousins snorting white lines?

Where Jack is right now is just weird. Its not being selfish breaking the law doing drugs (is a mandate law? Prob is)

So in 12 months we've lost two players to concussion and now Jack. All three best 22-24 listed players.

And looking like we will need to hub for half a season.

Hey, hows about playing from Darwin? Dry seasin is pretty nice up here. Faaaaaark the Vics. :$ ;) :thumbsu: :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What people seem to forget though, is that there have been vaccine mandates for 100's of jobs for years!!

My sister worked in child care and she had to have the whooping cough and flu vaccines. I worked in a job where we repaired waste pumps and had to have shots and vaccines for a range of things.

This is nothing new but why aren't there people out protesting against these vaccine mandates??
Bingo. I worked in PNG for a few months and had to have a range of vaccines also.

Was Willie a team player pulling bongs?

Cousins snorting white lines?

Where Jack is right now is just weird. Its not being selfish breaking the law doing drugs (is a mandate law? Prob is)

So in 12 months we've lost two players to concussion and now Jack. All three best 22-24 listed players.

And looking like we will need to hub for half a season.

Hey, hows about playing from Darwin? Dry seasin is pretty nice up here. Faaaaaark the Vics. :$ ;) :thumbsu: :cool:
The answer is obviously no.

I have a flu jab every year and had to retake my measles as a teacher, as I lost my vaccination record.

It’s just a needle ffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol exactly, I got vaxxed simply cos I was bored. Was just like 'Eh, might as well' Got both Pfizer shots in the space of two weeks, didn't get any weird side effects and went on about my life. Yet we got 50 and 60 year olds carrying on like babies with a full diaper. BUT MAH FREEDOM :'(

Bingo. I worked in PNG for a few months and had to have a range of vaccines also.
Same when I went to India the first time back in 1980, had to have 2 shots. And polio, of course, when I was a kid, and there's probably a measles jab in there somewhere too. I have had my 3 covid jabs and I am just so thankful for that.

Because they are widespread and the side effects and efficacy are not known. How many people getting Polio after being vacced for it? These vaccines do not work all that well, and let's face it, came to market quickly. Pfizer trying to release the safety data over 75 years when we are all dead doesn't exactly engender confidence.

Vacc mandates have been in targeted industries and never this widespread. Also, if you didn't take it you lose your job. You could still go to the pub, gym, bottle shop etc. We have never actively punished those who don't take a vaccine or ask wider society for their medical records to enter a place of business.

Because they are widespread and the side effects and efficacy are not known. How many people getting Polio after being vacced for it? These vaccines do not work all that well, and let's face it, came to market quickly. Pfizer trying to release the safety data over 75 years when we are all dead doesn't exactly engender confidence.

Vacc mandates have been in targeted industries and never this widespread. Also, if you didn't take it you lose your job. You could still go to the pub, gym, bottle shop etc. We have never actively punished those who don't take a vaccine or ask wider society for their medical records to enter a place of business.
Every kid is vaccinated through a mandate otherwise they can’t go to school…

Last edited:

We've not had a worldwide pandemic to deal with either.

IMo Living in the first world people have taken freedoms to new extremes. Not really suffered like others living in 3rd or even 2nd world nations. And people are much more self foxused and selfish here.

If you want to benefit from living here then follow the health directives. You dont well you lose some of those freedoms.

I reckon that the most disappointing part of this JD situation s not so much being anti-vax because people are going to think for themselves and that will lead to some people doing different things.

Rather it is the fact that it seems that he told the club that he would get vaxxed and then reneged. That hurts list management for a whole season. And that is not really very team oriented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back