Rumour Jack Darling to Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that make your bloke then?
jacklikesthis2_zpsw98tiraj.gif
LOL can someone break out the many gifs of Jack Darling being a squib?

I
I think we can make finals next season so it's up to the eagles or GWS/Suns to gauge where we're at.

Say we got pick 8 from the Suns, Would you do that?

8, 12, and 2017 2nd may get Hogan.
think your dreaming if you think you'll play finals next year. Most of your team hasn't played for over a year

If you wanted a recently signed (he re-signed this year), best 22, 24 year old, KPF who is happy at the club and a required player given our other fwd will be 30 next year, you're going to have to pay a truck load.

Don't worry about what he is 'worth' as a player, but what sort of deal it'd take to pry him away from West Coast given the above.

If any team wants him they would have to pay way overs otherwise West Coast won't even consider it.

In reality it'd be taking a top 10 pick at a minimum.
In an even more real reality the rumour is horse**** and he'll be a 1 club player.

If you wanted a recently signed (he re-signed this year), best 22, 24 year old, KPF who is happy at the club and a required player given our other fwd will be 30 next year, you're going to have to pay a truck load.

Don't worry about what he is 'worth' as a player, but what sort of deal it'd take to pry him away from West Coast given the above.

If any team wants him they would have to pay way overs otherwise West Coast won't even consider it.

In an even more real reality the rumour is horse**** and he'll be a 1 club player.

I guess we will find out in the next few weeks!

I for one think he will stay it the eagles

Would be very happy for him to stay a West Coast player. Very happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That massive utensil of his is worth a first round pick. A first round pick for first round prick.

Hogan was actually a year older than Darling in his first two seasons. Their relative value as third year players was a lot closer than it is now with Darling going into his 7th season and 3 years older.

Darling won't ever be top key forward. We've seen enough to date to see that his practical ceiling is a 40-50 goal a year 2nd/3rd tall forward which is sought after, but is not potential AA key forward sought after. That's what Hogan is, potential. His first two years were pretty good but he's not proven, yet. Potential holds a looot of value at the trade table.

I think the media have got a bit carried away with Hogan. He's not a sure thing to ever be a top line key forward but people like Jonathan Brown talk about giving him $15m over 10 years. I'd be disappointed if we did that. I think he will become a very good key forward but I'm not yet convinced he'll go past Lynch, Cameron etc. who are a bit older and already established or Moore, Wright, Daniher etc. who are also unproven.
Brown was implying he was worth $15mill over 10 to Freo only. I wouldn't wouldn't worry about us doing that. I'd change teams if we did

Darling and pick 12 for pick 1? (Rumour).
Not sure I like that. This draft is supposedly deep, I reckon we could get a good player with 12. Darling I rate highly too as a second string forward. I'm sure Essendon supporters would also feel ripped off in that trade too. But Darling is close with Woosha, wouldnt surprise me if there are discussions between the clubs on Darling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back