Jack Darling

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the rumours going around was that he deliberately butchered a lot of interviews to manipulate his way to the eagles.

a bit like the wingard, smith, Perkins issue.

Obviously no way to prove it, only him and his manager would truly know.
Big fail from us still. I don't really believe in interviewing 18 years old boys. They might change in a heartbeat. Some will florish in a professional training system while others will start partying when getting their first own paycheck...

One of the rumours going around was that he deliberately butchered a lot of interviews to manipulate his way to the eagles.

a bit like the wingard, smith, Perkins issue.

Obviously no way to prove it, only him and his manager would truly know.

Nah I call BS on that - it was widely reported that he fronted his interviews with head scans and police reports to assure clubs that his injuries from being king hit were not persistent and he was not at fault in the incident.

He drifted in the draft because of concerns around his off field behaviour and a perception that he was a man-child who dominated smaller kids.

The Eagles took a punt on him and those that didn’t lived to regret it....Gold Coast even more than Fremantle I reckon, considering they basically owned the top end of the draft and still didn’t choose the likes of Gaff, Darling, Cripps and Lycett - all career players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back