Jack Darling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dazzler10

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2015
Te Fiti
AFL Club
West Coast
I remember him as an underaged in TAC, had he been eligible would have gone high as an under ager...looked like he could be anything. Sadly has not lived up to junior form. People will point to the fact that he kicks a few goals....but gee he gets a disproportionate number of Joe the gooses and soft out the backs.

Likes it on his own terms but prefer others when things get spicy.
This is a poor opinion.

Hotdees

All Australian
Feb 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Kicked 5 at the G in the wet against the Hawks. 5 out of 11 an won them the game.

He's been a beast. Very good for a while now.
I’m confident he’ll have less than 10 possessions and go goalless this week. Nothing against the guy it’s just my opinion after watching him. Conditions aren’t in his favour this week. Against the hawks he had 3 goals out the back from the goal square in the first 10 minutes. Still has a lot to prove in big games

SloppyJoe

Premiership Player
Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
I’m confident he’ll have less than 10 possessions and go goalless this week. Nothing against the guy it’s just my opinion after watching him. Conditions aren’t in his favour this week. Against the hawks he had 3 goals out the back from the goal square in the first 10 minutes. Still has a lot to prove in big games
"Conditions aren't in his favour"

Conditions = it's forecast to be wet, it's at the G, it's against Richmond and it's a very important game

Kicks 6 goals, takes 15 marks (6 contested) and is BOG against Richmond last year.

Kicks 5 goals and takes 4 contested marks in the wet at the G 6 weeks ago.

Averages 2 goals and a 3 contested marks in his last 5 finals.

Had more impact in a single quarter in last year's GF than more than half of the Pies' whole side did in the entire game.

He doesn't have anything to prove in big games - he's done it.

Hotdees

All Australian
Feb 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Y
"Conditions aren't in his favour"

Conditions = it's forecast to be wet, it's at the G, it's against Richmond and it's a very important game

Kicks 6 goals, takes 15 marks (6 contested) and is BOG against Richmond last year.

Kicks 5 goals and takes 4 contested marks in the wet at the G 6 weeks ago.

Averages 2 goals and a 3 contested marks in his last 5 finals.

Had more impact in a single quarter in last year's GF than more than half of the Pies' whole side did in the entire game.

He doesn't have anything to prove in big games - he's done it.
Ok Mrs Darling

Forward Press

Premium Platinum
Jul 5, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
He kicked 6 against Richmond last year (with a full strength defence, too), so this idea that he'll go goalless is not supported the available evidence.

Corkintheocean

All Australian
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Melbourne would be a better side if they traded Gawn and Oliver for Darling.

Coaster2012

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Lakers
Held by just about every AFL fan except Eagles supporters.
No it's not. Look at this thread. Most supporters of AFL clubs rate him. Look at his numbers. Drafted the same year as Lynch and has had more output to date. Anyone with a brain would say hes been a fantastic forward and is still relatively young and could play another 6 years. And soft out the backs? Darling can monster a game with his contested marks. You are clueless and making s**t up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scotland

TheBrownDog
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Darling's last game against Richmond at the G was in 2017. Was an infuriating game we lost 8.17 to 11.10 after going in at half time 5.13 to 5.6. Darling had 16 touches, 6 marks and kicked 1.2.

2016, 12 touches 4.2 in a thumping win at Subi. 2015, 11 touches 2.3 in a 20 point win at the G. 2014, 10 touches 2.0 in a s**t effort where we lost at home scoring 6 goals the whole game.

8 games vs Richmond for 13.1 disposals, 6.3 marks, 3 goals per game. Odd comment my old mate above, really.

Upgrayedd

A Vote for Clive is a Vote for Justice
Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
I remember him as an underaged in TAC, had he been eligible would have gone high as an under ager...looked like he could be anything. Sadly has not lived up to junior form. People will point to the fact that he kicks a few goals....but gee he gets a disproportionate number of Joe the gooses and soft out the backs.

Likes it on his own terms but prefer others when things get spicy.
Horrific opinion.

Also you don't remember him as an underage player in the TAC cup becausehe never played TAC cup. You mean the NAB under 18 cup.

Corkintheocean

All Australian
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Pretty sure he could help provide a target for that rabble of a list to climb above 17th. The upgrade from Weideman is incalculable.

Preuss would be 80% of Gawn, Oliver can largely be replaced by any one of your slow, turnover merchant mids who can't hit a target with a 3m handball.

But the truth hurts I know. That preseason flag must seem like eons ago.

Boppo

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sth Freo
No doubt the Eagles getting their sh1t together coincides with his form which is career best atm. Finals teams better plan for him.

Coaster2012

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Lakers
Alot to prove in big games?

Seems you haven't watched Eagles play since the 2015 GF.

demondavey

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
He played a blinder in the GF last year

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
He also had 17 touches and 4 contested marks.

Kicked 4 in the rain in the following week as well.

Top Bottom