Recommitted Jack Darling

Remove this Banner Ad

But he has no idea how to read the play??

Did you read the post, clearly says due to his incredible potential. So you can take your insecurities elsewhere troll. It's intresting to note that Naitanui averaged 9.8 disposals in 2009, the very same number that Kreuzer averaged in 2008, in spite of Naitanui playing 10 games to Kreuzers 20 and being derailed by injury in the preseason.

Naitanui will present a much better forward target and get more kicks once he does not have to do the majority of the ruck work, he will be rested forward allot more like he was against Richmond and the Hawks where he was pretty handy in terms of taking 4 marks against Richmond and kicking 3 goals against Hawthorn.

In the long term i hope him to be able to win taps and win clearences and then move well around the ground and able to have an impact up forward. Ultimatly if one was to suggest Naits is potentially more valuable than Swallow or Darling then i could support that. But i would take both them over Watts any day, Darling has produced more than Watts and has a year to run before the draft, Swallow is better than Rich at the same age without question.

I'm really hoping Darling slips like Butcher this year, so we're a shot at picking him up.

Wishful thinking but Butcher this year, Rich last year, it happens.

Yeah like I said, wishful thinking.

There's a whole year to go though so hopefully some other young guys will come up and leave GC disenchanted with Darling.

I could've sworn many people around here used that exact line on D. Rich early last season, or the year before.

Is probably better than Rich at the same age. Taller, quicker, better runner, better contested footballer, he's more crash and bash. Great antisipation and better ball reading ability, skills by hand are equal but Swallow is more creative, also reads the flight of the ball and the ball in general play pretty damn well.

Also probably better than Swift at the same age, hard to say because Swift was overcoming an ACL injury at the same age, he does not have Swifts upside, not quite as good contested footballer as Swift but his second and third efforts around contests are better, he is always moving at the contest, compared to Swifts a one touch or two touch player around the contests who is a little more flat footed, after that he pushes himself around the ground, different to Swift as Swallow tracks the football a little closer while Swift prefers to look for space and selectivly choose when he wants to go in for the hard ball. Swallow is hard at it all of the time.

When in the middle Swallow is always on the move, wins the hard ball and goes into positions to hurt sides again. Rich and Swift are more selective, essentially they have seperate inside and outside games, they like to win the ball and then get outside, Swallow tends to mold it into one blur of play as he tracks the ball.

Anyhow i really want SOO to return so i can see these three amongst others play in the same side together.

Is probably better than Rich at the same age. Taller, quicker, better runner, better contested footballer, he's more crash and bash. Great antisipation and better ball reading ability, skills by hand are equal but Swallow is more creative, also reads the flight of the ball and the ball in general play pretty damn well.

Also probably better than Swift at the same age, hard to say because Swift was overcoming an ACL injury at the same age, he does not have Swifts upside, not quite as good contested footballer as Swift but his second and third efforts around contests are better, he is always moving at the contest, compared to Swifts a one touch or two touch player around the contests who is a little more flat footed, after that he pushes himself around the ground, different to Swift as Swallow tracks the football a little closer while Swift prefers to look for space and selectivly choose when he wants to go in for the hard ball. Swallow is hard at it all of the time.

When in the middle Swallow is always on the move, wins the hard ball and goes into positions to hurt sides again. Rich and Swift are more selective, essentially they have seperate inside and outside games, they like to win the ball and then get outside, Swallow tends to mold it into one blur of play as he tracks the ball.

Anyhow i really want SOO to return so i can see these three amongst others play in the same side together.

I'm not really interested if he's better than Rich, I just find it amusing when the fanboys use the throw away line "best in the last 10 years" statement

I heard it when Gumby and Hansen came through, Rich copped it last year and now we've got these two blokes - Swallow and Darling.

I really liked Gumby at WAFL level - he looked a star and was consistent, but you have to remember he was roughly one year older when he made an impact.

I think I would rather wait to see with what Darling backs up this years form with.

I don't think this means much TBH

Are you willing to finnish 15th or 16th in 2010. Because if he's not taken at pick 1-3 then he will go at 5 or 7.
Freo aren't willing to finish 15th or 16th.Its reality.We have the shallowest depth out of any AFL list.A Few injuries to key players and its all over.So if we do finish with da spoon,and pick 4. hopefully we can snare,Jack Darling.

Quality and natural footballer, one of the best I have seen from the vids..

In all honesty he seems a class above the likes of top draftees RE: Watts, Swallow, Scully, Morabito, Trengove, Martin, Rich, Hurley and I have to say it Cotchin ECT.

He plays like a midfielder yet is the size of a foward..

Comparing Morabito and Draling who appear to be the same height ect.. Darling is pure class compared..

Strengths: Height, Strength, Natural football ability, Athletic (he falls into a roll when he hits the deck and gets back up), Good kick (Goal kicker) and Mark..

Weakness: From what I can see Darling has very few weaknesses.. The only thing with him is I can see him becoming a Franklin type player who 'knows' how good he is and it may go to his head RE: franklin.. Hopefully not but that is how it seems in some of the vids..

In all honesty he seems a class above the likes of top draftees RE: Watts, Swallow, Scully, Morabito, Trengove, Martin, Rich, Hurley and I have to say it Cotchin ECT.

Comparing Morabito and Draling who appear to be the same height ect.. Darling is pure class compared..

Strengths: Height, Strength, Natural football ability, Athletic (he falls into a roll when he hits the deck and gets back up), Good kick (Goal kicker) and Mark..

Weakness: From what I can see Darling has very few weaknesses.. The only thing with him is I can see him becoming a Franklin type player who 'knows' how good he is and it may go to his head RE: franklin.. Hopefully not but that is how it seems in some of the vids..

he's a "class above" players who've already made an impact at AFL level is he?

FFS, let's wait until he actually plays at the highest level before annointing him Jesus ****ing Christ shall we?

No chance he turns out like buddy....

darling has a good head on his shoulders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

darling looks kinda special to me

ive only been interested in the junior football for a few years now but darling looks a fair bit better than anyone else i have seen

he's a "class above" players who've already made an impact at AFL level is he?

FFS, let's wait until he actually plays at the highest level before annointing him Jesus ****ing Christ shall we?

Comparing them at the same level mate.. no need to get all upset thinking im comparing darling to all your man crushes in the afl

Comparing them at the same level mate.. no need to get all upset thinking im comparing darling to all your man crushes in the afl

You do realise players like M Hurley and D Rich were dual U/18 AA players? How about you let this bloke reach that status before we start comparing eh?

I just laugh at the hype machine mate, don't take it personally. Every top draft pick is the "best player" in [their state] from "the last 10 years". Every player is compared to Simon Black, James Hird or Wayne Carey. The reality is usually pretty different

Remove this Banner Ad

Back