67🏆69🏆73🏆74🏆80🏆17🏆19🏆20🏆
Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL Richmond VFLW AFLW
Thank you for having the courtesy to reply Rhett

I have made it quite clear that I do not agree with this decision, nor do i think we the members should just accept it without full disclosure .

Hopefully the club has the wisdom to re visit this issue.

In any case, I respect the love you have for your father, lets just leave it at that

Be well

You got your answers

rbartlett

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Thank you for having the courtesy to reply Rhett

I have made it quite clear that I do not agree with this decision, nor do i think we the members should just accept it without full disclosure .

Hopefully the club has the wisdom to re visit this issue.

In any case, I respect the love you have for your father, lets just leave it at that

Be well
As we've always said, if you ever find evidence before the change in 1988 that best and fairests were awarded for those years, please advise.
Thanks for the discussion.

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
As we've always said, if you ever find evidence before the change in 1988 that best and fairests were awarded for those years, please advise.
Thanks for the discussion.

WHy is the onus on me providing evidence of something, when you refuse to fully disclose the information you have and who supplied it?

You do understand this is a double standard right?

Mate if i was in your position I would be doing whatever I could to protect and enhance my fathers legacy as well.

Not sure why you would come on here and say you are happy to answer questions and then don’t.

Well I do know actually, and it is not your fault, the club allowed this to happen and my beef is not with you it is with them.

One thing I’ve learnt from this is that history certainly means a lot to some people.
But the ironic part is it means as much to you guys putting s**t on each other but for different reasons that’s all so don’t be silly.
You’re all mad for the tigers one way or another .

rbartlett

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
WHy is the onus on me providing evidence of something, when you refuse to fully disclose the information you have and who supplied it?

You do understand this is a double standard right?

Mate if i was in your position I would be doing whatever I could to protect and enhance my fathers legacy as well.

Not sure why you would come on here and say you are happy to answer questions and then don’t.

Well I do know actually, and it is not your fault, the club allowed this to happen and my beef is not with you it is with them.
Um, right ok.
I'm not forcing you to go and research anything, it was just a generalised 'if you find any evidence that you think could assist you're welcome to advise me', thats all.
Nothing to do with my father's legacy.
Um, I have been answering your questions, they're in the above posts.

Punt rd end

67🏆69🏆73🏆74🏆80🏆17🏆19🏆20🏆
Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
One thing I’ve learnt from this is that history certainly means a lot to some people.
But the ironic part is it means as much to you guys putting s**t on each other but for different reasons that’s all so don’t be silly.
You’re all mad for the tigers one way or another .
Surely these accusations that Rhett has rigged this result to somehow benefit his father are truly absurd.

Surely these accusations that Rhett has rigged this result to somehow benefit his father are truly absurd.
Tbh I’m not getting into it too much but I don’t think that’s what’s being said is it?
I don’t think anyone is suggesting anything has been rigged or untoward at least l hope that’s not being suggested.
I thought it was just a discussion on whether it was worthwhile bothering to do it all and there were fors and againsts and that the research was undertaken to bring KB and Jack level (which I don’t think was Rhett’s motivation), rather than accusations of rigging it.
Anyway what’s done is done now as I say I wouldn’t have bothered but that’s just me, history isn’t as important for me as it is others.

Punt rd end

67🏆69🏆73🏆74🏆80🏆17🏆19🏆20🏆
Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tbh I’m not getting into it too much but I don’t think that’s what’s being said is it?
I don’t think anyone is suggesting anything has been rigged or untoward at least l hope that’s not being suggested.
I thought it was just a discussion on whether it was worthwhile bothering to do it all and there were fors and againsts and that the research was undertaken to bring KB and Jack level (which I don’t think was Rhett’s motivation), rather than accusations of rigging it.
Anyway what’s done is done now as I say I wouldn’t have bothered but that’s just me, history isn’t as important for me as it is others.
It is what Blaise is saying, he spat it out a few pages back

It will be an epic fail of epic proportions if someone does come across evidence and they have to re-award the b&fs.

That's why I think it should have had an asterisk saying "awarded in 1988 on basis of xxxx criteria". No one loses face and those that don't want to believe in retrospective awards get to know which years are which.

I think this whole thing could have been handled better, but life goes on.

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
1) It wasn't a continual award back then until 1940s. The award was adhoc. A donor would provide a prize, and it would be decided what to give that prize for. It may be for say, 'Most Training Attendance', or 'Most Determined', or in some cases 'Best and Fairest'.
2) see above answer.
3) They never received the award in the first place. In those years affected, the club didnt give a best and fairest award.
All good and thanks for the response.

It is what Blaise is saying, he spat it out a few pages back
I didn’t comprehend that as Blaisee accusing anything of being unfairly rigged, stand to be corrected tbough.

rmcq

????????????
Sep 6, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Blaisee truly thinks that Rhett Bartlett has been on a 20 year crusade to remove 1 B&F award from Jack Dyer so that Kevin Bartlett has an equal number of B&Fs.

I presume he now thinks that Rhett will now be lobbying for the Jack Dyer medal to be renamed the Dyer-Bartlett medal.

Blaisee has truly lost the plot.

Punt rd end

67🏆69🏆73🏆74🏆80🏆17🏆19🏆20🏆
Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
I didn’t comprehend that as Blaisee accusing anything of being unfairly rigged, stand to be corrected tbough.
well since you asked I will tell you what the agenda appears to be.

Rhett Bartlett was the one that investigated it right?

Who had the most best and fairests before the investigation and who has the most now?

There is no need to be creative or invent anything here, it is right infront of your nose

There you go

Tiger Soze

Nov 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
would lol so hard if that happens
That won’t happen.
It’s disappointing that many supporters don’t know that much about their own club, it’s common knowledge that Rhett is interested in the clubs history and this has nothing to do with total B&Fs. It’s about ensuring the history of the club is recorded accurately, which we should all want.

Back