News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d love to buy some of the timber stand, enough to make a chair and watch tigers on the telly…

Is it possible?
This really should happen.
Dunno about the timber in the rafters etc. but certainly there should be an opportunity to have the existing timber benches carefully removed, sectioned into say 6 foot lots, have a small plaque of authenticity added and then sold off to rabid Tiger supporters to place in their backyards or wherever for posterity.

I'm not actually joking.

Facilities should be for our mens team instead not the sheilas. Theyre irrelevant!
I dont know about your comment? lol but the mens program will now take over the entirety of the existing Swinburne Centre.

EDIT: Speaking of that, I hope Swinburne Centre with all that extra room can fit in some extras now, indoor pool would be good.

Last edited:

I dont know about your comment? lol but the mens program will now take over the entirety of the existing Swinburne Centre.

EDIT: Speaking of that, I hope Swinburne Centre with all that extra room can fit in some extras now, indoor pool would be good.
There already is a pool

I still feel we are limited area is their any chance Richmond can buy the land in between the MCG and Punt Road Oval and build another facility and Oval.

Kramer - Yes, Nod - Find and Share Funny Animated Gifs | Kramer, Nod ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A sad day for Richmond and Melbourne city. The new building will look s**t.
Rhett Bartlett, American Peggy O'Neil and Brendan Gale have let our club down in the name of corporate money.
The club will regret this and a major part of Melbourne's history is now lost forever.
Posters who are celebrating and making jokes are ignorant .

Last edited:
why not make the ground at least 20k
Would take up a lot of space that wouldn’t be able to be utilised for the actual facilities, especially if the chances of it hosting anything that would draw that type of capacity is low anyway it’s not worth the investment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back