Jack family

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Haha I thought I'd be the only person to remember this. donnaj1 was her name and she posted in the below thread:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/kieren-jack-draft-conspiracy-allegations.896602/page-4
Ha ha, good work, detective. :D I gather there was a theory that Kieren was hidden from other clubs.

donnaj1, 1 post, in 2011:

"After reading all the posts from the last day, I have decided to go public with what actually did happen 6yrs ago [2005].
My name is Donna Jack and I am Kieren's mum. Trust me this will be the first and last time I will ever do this sort of thing.

Six years ago Kieren was named Captain of the U18NSWACT RAMS to play in the National Championships in Melbourne. He was awarded player of the tournament for NSW and was very unlucky not to have been named in the All Australian side, unfortunately, that was the first and last year that they didn't name a player from each state.

We were notified that Kieen had been invited to Draft camp. I remember the day that the paperwork arrived in the mail, we were both so excited, We sat in the kitchen filling out all the forms..well me filling out and Kieren signing, as that is what mum's of 18yr old boys do! I took the envelope to the local post office and sent it off that same day to the address in Melbourne that I was given. To this day I have no idea why it didn't arrive.

Kieren then went off to draft camp, where he did well in the 'BEEP TEST" and had a couple of clubs who had shown some interest. He then went on to play in the Allies game the week before the Grand Final, which I guess is a game so that the scouts can get a second look at the interstate kids before the draft. We had a friend talking to Mark Williams at Port Adelaide ( Kieren didn't have a manger we didn't believe in that) and we had also heard Essendon may be interested and we would have been happy for Kieren to go to either club.

I remeber the day of the draft, Garry, Kieren and I sat by the computer hopefull but not confident that a club would see his potential and give him a chance. Obviously it wasn't meant to be, and at this stage we still had no idea that he wasn't even in the draft due to the missing paperwork.We only found out when the swans decided to Rookie Kieren and his name wasn't on the list. So what followed has been pretty well documented. Kieren did sign a stat dec, as he knew I had posted the paper work away. The AFL did go to every other club and ask them if they had any objections to Kieren being picked up by the Swans in the rookie draft ( also giving them the opportunity to pick him up as well) and they all said no. And the rest is history.

I would never do anything wrong, illegal or unethical by my boys or my family. Football is important but it is not everything, and if it hadn't worked out with the AFL, who knows Kieren probably would have gone to play in the VFL or SANFL or even gone back to play RL.
To Mr Lane and Mr Masters,you have no credibility as journalists or as human beings.Only the two of you know the real motivation for writing such a viscous negative story. Perhaps next time you will both do your homework a bit more thoroughly and write the facts instead of making up things and telling blatant lies.

Thankyou to those who have supported Kieren, I know it has meant a lot to him as it has to Garry and I."

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2010
Bombay
AFL Club
Sydney
Ha ha, good work, detective. :D I gather there was a theory that Kieren was hidden from other clubs.

donnaj1, 1 post, in 2011:

"After reading all the posts from the last day, I have decided to go public with what actually did happen 6yrs ago [2005].
My name is Donna Jack and I am Kieren's mum. Trust me this will be the first and last time I will ever do this sort of thing.

Six years ago Kieren was named Captain of the U18NSWACT RAMS to play in the National Championships in Melbourne. He was awarded player of the tournament for NSW and was very unlucky not to have been named in the All Australian side, unfortunately, that was the first and last year that they didn't name a player from each state.

We were notified that Kieen had been invited to Draft camp. I remember the day that the paperwork arrived in the mail, we were both so excited, We sat in the kitchen filling out all the forms..well me filling out and Kieren signing, as that is what mum's of 18yr old boys do! I took the envelope to the local post office and sent it off that same day to the address in Melbourne that I was given. To this day I have no idea why it didn't arrive.

Kieren then went off to draft camp, where he did well in the 'BEEP TEST" and had a couple of clubs who had shown some interest. He then went on to play in the Allies game the week before the Grand Final, which I guess is a game so that the scouts can get a second look at the interstate kids before the draft. We had a friend talking to Mark Williams at Port Adelaide ( Kieren didn't have a manger we didn't believe in that) and we had also heard Essendon may be interested and we would have been happy for Kieren to go to either club.

I remeber the day of the draft, Garry, Kieren and I sat by the computer hopefull but not confident that a club would see his potential and give him a chance. Obviously it wasn't meant to be, and at this stage we still had no idea that he wasn't even in the draft due to the missing paperwork.We only found out when the swans decided to Rookie Kieren and his name wasn't on the list. So what followed has been pretty well documented. Kieren did sign a stat dec, as he knew I had posted the paper work away. The AFL did go to every other club and ask them if they had any objections to Kieren being picked up by the Swans in the rookie draft ( also giving them the opportunity to pick him up as well) and they all said no. And the rest is history.

I would never do anything wrong, illegal or unethical by my boys or my family. Football is important but it is not everything, and if it hadn't worked out with the AFL, who knows Kieren probably would have gone to play in the VFL or SANFL or even gone back to play RL.
To Mr Lane and Mr Masters,you have no credibility as journalists or as human beings.Only the two of you know the real motivation for writing such a viscous negative story. Perhaps next time you will both do your homework a bit more thoroughly and write the facts instead of making up things and telling blatant lies.

Thankyou to those who have supported Kieren, I know it has meant a lot to him as it has to Garry and I."
1) Learn the quote code.
2) corbies already linked this.

Dacksaredown

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Houston Rockets
Jack on fire early against Geelong. Obviously hasn't affected him that much.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
The parents are concerned about a few of her off field habits.

She has also had multiple run ins with other players partners too.

Kieran is highly respected for his work rate but not well liked amongst the swans.

The ticket thing isn't completely accurate, they get 4 tickets each. The ones meant for his parents he sold to contribute to a holiday with his partner, this was the start of all the issues. The mother rang her destressed in the week of the gf, she told her to go jump in the lake. Pretty poor form from Charlotte.

Gary would've been an extremely tough man to grow up under, he would've bordered on tyranny at home. But the mother is a lovely lady, her tweet was desperation, a mother that misses her sons.

Brandon and Gary's incident is being down played too, Brandon actually physically assaulted Gary at the neafl game. He is currently not up for senior selection due to this.
His teammates are good actors then. Looked like they liked him just fine tonight. I give the rest of your diatribe the same amount of credence. None

Dacksaredown

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Houston Rockets
His teammates are good actors then. Looked like they liked him just fine tonight. I give the rest of your diatribe the same amount of credence. None

Yeah, I noticed that too. Whenever he kicked a goal none of his team-mates gave a s**t. Can only assume he is on the outer and will most likely seek to be traded.

Farm Boy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Jack is the ultimate professional. He epitomizes the bloods culture. He isn't the most talented footballer, but he has gotten every ounce out of himself. He really is a true leader. When it come down to the crunch, KJ stood on principle, and he told his old duck to go jump. No room for entitlement. I applaud this kid. He is everything the AFL should be putting up on a pedestal. Congrats on the 200 KJ, and well played.

Bigwayno

Debutant
Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe hes not responding to those either.

What she did, worked.

Whats social media for if you cant use it to get a reaction or response out of someone.

Back