Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Jack Frost becomes a Lion
The Brisbane Lions can confirm Collingwood defender Jack Frost has signed with the Club.

The Lions will receive Frost, this year's pick no. 76 and a future third round pick, in exchange for the Lions' future third and fourth round picks.

The athletic 195cm backman, who has played 54 games for the Magpies after coming off the rookie list in 2013, fell out of favour this season and didn't play senior football after round 12.

Frost finished the season in the VFL before suffering an ankle injury that ruled him out of the VFL Magpies’ preliminary final loss.

Frost will slot straight into the Lions’ defence following the retirement of veteran Daniel Merrett and Justin Clarke due to on-going concussion symptoms.

List Manager Peter Schwab said that he was pleased to get the deal done, which will see Frost sign for three years.

“With Jack, all year we’ve been tracking key defenders,” said Schwab. “At 24, even though he’s only had a little experience (54 games) he’s still got plenty of football ahead of him. “He’s got great speed and is a good character, he’s a perfect fit.”

Trade three: Frost becomes a Lion
Our final trade for the 2016 NAB AFL Trade Period allowed us to secure defender Jack Frost from Collingwood.

The Lions received Frost, this year's pick no. 76 and a future third round pick, while Colingwood received our future third and fourth round picks.

List Manager Peter Schwab said that he was pleased to get the deal done, which will see Frost sign for three years.

“With Jack, all year we’ve been tracking key defenders,” said Schwab.

“At 24, even though he’s only had a little experience (54 games) he’s still got plenty of football ahead of him.

“He’s got great speed and is a good character, he’s a perfect fit.”

If Jack Frosts twitter account is anything to go by we have ourself a character.

Frost has something to prove

NEW BRISBANE Lion Jack Frost desperately wants to prove he can still play at the top level.

Frost, 24, played 54 games in four seasons with the Magpies, but fell out of favour in the second half of 2016 before being traded to the Lions.

In the second week with his new club, the key defender is being spurred on by his exit from Collingwood.

"I do have something to prove," Frost said following training on Monday morning.

"Especially from your old club, when there's no interest, and you take a little bit of it to heart, I'm sure any athlete would."

Standing 195cm, Frost looks a direct replacement for retired Daniel Merrett in an inexperienced Lions backline.

He is a dour defender, quick off the mark with a good spoil, and despite his relative youth, has just 10 teammates older than him on the young list.

However, Frost will have to wait a little longer to prove himself to his new teammates after undergoing off-season hip surgery that will keep him from full training until after Christmas.

"It's frustrating being in rehab because you just want to jump in and prove what you can do," he said.

"You want to get involved and get amongst it all and show your leadership qualities, which is a bit harder when you're sitting on the sidelines and watching, but it is what it is and I'll be right soon enough."

"I'm very closely aligned with the club – fresh start here and same for me.

"I'm looking to take my game to the next level. There's a lot of ways I can do that and I'm looking forward to it."

Although the senior players are required only to return next week, most of the Lions' elder statesmen have made an early return, with Dayne Beams, Daniel Rich, Stefan Martin and Allen Christensen among those running this morning.

frostyljohn2016.jpg

Interesting part in that vid was when he was talking about the game against the Lions this year when we kept kicking out to the same spot and they 'took us apart from there'. He remarked we didn't even try to change it up. What a dead game plan we had.

Also great to hear D.Beams was the first guy to get in touch with him and help him settle. Really positive stuff.

Jack Frost set to miss Brisbane Lions season start after 'dangerous' tackle

Brisbane recruit Jack Frost may have to wait until round 2 to make his Lions debut, after the Match Review Panel offered him a one match suspension for a dangerous tackle on Gold Coast forward Brandon Matera.

The incident has also come under the spotlight for a separate reason, after a ground security guard became involved in the aftermath.

Frost was cited for rough conduct and offered a one match ban, that - if accepted - will be served during the season proper, not the JLT pre season series.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all honesty hiw many games has he played?
I actually thought he would do well for yuz

He hasn't played a game and a reality TV star has shown more promise than him.

You sold a lemon. How rude.

In future, there's a roster watch subboard for these sort of questions to go in. People tend to get catty when you post it here with a fairly lazy question you could have googled to boot.

He hasn't played a game and a reality TV star has shown more promise than him.

You sold a lemon. How rude.

In future, there's a roster watch subboard for these sort of questions to go in. People tend to get catty when you post it here with a fairly lazy question you could have googled to boot.
Thought he has played like 3 games for us early on?

Frost has played 2 games for Brisbane. Round 2 and 3.
Whoops. Shows how much of an impact he had. It's a shame because he seems like a really nice guy. He has the athleticism, just offers very little on field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back