Traded Jack Frost [traded to Brisbane with pick 76 and 2017 3rd rd pk for 2017 3rd and 4th rd picks]

Remove this Banner Ad

Frost for Josh Green.

I've heard from Brisbane fans Green loves pies.

The pies need more colour. We've only got white brown and greenwood now. In 2017 we could have Green and Cal Brown. Maybe we should go after Aaron Black to babysit the opposition in the VFL and Spencer White as our back up mobile ruck. Would really love Robbie Gray in our stripes!

Frost is strong, big and quick. Sure a little limited, but you can get away with it as full back. I think he will be a reasonable pick up, and i'm a little disappointed he is on his way north. Good luck to him. Hope he does well.

Yeah that's exactly how we thought of him at the Pies

Unfortunately he can't play the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does GOLDsack count ?⚾⚾

Absolutely! Keep em coming. Ben brown can be the third tall. Luke brown from the crows and Mitch brown to the back line. I draw a line at Redden though I've never much like him, that and no more ex Carlton players

Will be a serviceable regular for the Lions until their young guys displace him. Gives his all and is physically courageous, and likes a bit of niggle.

Has definite issues with his disposal and this year in particular it seemed clubs had done their homework and would go out of their way to let him be a free switching option in the backline, correctly anticipating he'd take a long time to move it on and do so poorly.

This year has also struggled with positioning, marking and keeping his feet.

Despite that, is serviceable as a pure stopper and at worst is useful depth.

A pick in the 50s or a swap for Green would be fair in my view.

Absolutely! Keep em coming. Ben brown can be the third tall. Luke brown from the crows and Mitch brown to the back line. I draw a line at Redden though I've never much like him, that and no more ex Carlton players

Sam Gray would be more attainable than Robbie...

Brisbane had Brown, Black and White at one point, which Green just missed joining. The difference is those first three were good. :(

Surely a pick in the 50s is the best we can hope for here. Much rather that than a player. I'd imagine with our F/S bidding we could actually use the points.

Can't understand why Brisbane would want him. With respect to Jack, C-Grade players are not going to arrest their slide. They really should be after Dunn and Hansen for peanuts; those two have proven themselves to be quality KPDs in recent years before falling out of favour. Dunn would be playing every week if we didn't have this pressing system that requires all of our defenders to rebound. They could have each for a pick in the 45-60 range.

Can't understand why Brisbane would want him. With respect to Jack, C-Grade players are not going to arrest their slide. They really should be after Dunn and Hansen for peanuts; those two have proven themselves to be quality KPDs in recent years before falling out of favour. Dunn would be playing every week if we didn't have this pressing system that requires all of our defenders to rebound. They could have each for a pick in the 45-60 range.

Please don't hijack our sale.

The deal is nearly done, we don't need someone like you causing confusion.

Brisbane, hand over pick 57, and we can all move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't understand why Brisbane would want him. They really should be after Dunn and Hansen for peanuts; those two have proven themselves to be quality KPDs in recent years before falling out of favour.

1. We have a dearth of mature key defenders with over 50 games experience in our side and that's an area the Lions want to improve.
2. Jack Frost is in the right age demographic for our list. 24 at the moment. 25 next year. Frost could be picked up for a pick in the 45-60 range.
3. Hansen is 29 next year and Dunn is 30.
4. Frost is a stopping defender, which presently is exactly what we need. Showed he had the skills to play against some of the competition’s most powerful forwards, playing in every game for Collingwood in 2014 and all but two in 2015.
5. He wants to come to the Lions to get more senior opportunity.

1. We have a dearth of mature key defenders with over 50 games experience in our side and that's an area the Lions want to improve.
2. Jack Frost is in the right age demographic for our list. 24 at the moment. 25 next year. Frost could be picked up for a pick in the 45-60 range.
3. Hansen is 29 next year and Dunn is 30.
4. Frost is a stopping defender, which presently is exactly what we need. Showed he had the skills to play against some of the competition’s most powerful forwards, playing in every game for Collingwood in 2014 and all but two in 2015.
5. He wants to come to the Lions to get more senior opportunity.

So what is a fair offer?

A mature KPD who has shown decent form at times who will come at a cheap price. Pretty easy to see why a club with no mature KPD are interested in Jack Frost.

A mature KPD who has shown decent form at times who will come at a cheap price. Pretty easy to see why a club with no mature KPD are interested in Jack Frost.
He'll play for a year whilst your slightly younger KPDs develop, and will spend the rest of his contract in the NEAFL. A mature KPD will play for a year or two, with a bit of actual experience behind them, and retire.

The pies need more colour. We've only got white brown and greenwood now. In 2017 we could have Green and Cal Brown. Maybe we should go after Aaron Black to babysit the opposition in the VFL and Spencer White as our back up mobile ruck. Would really love Robbie Gray in our stripes!
And maybe BLUEy McKenna can coach them

He'll play for a year whilst your slightly younger KPDs develop, and will spend the rest of his contract in the NEAFL. A mature KPD will play for a year or two, with a bit of actual experience behind them, and retire.

Mature KPD options aren't exactly falling out of the sky.

Mature KPD options aren't exactly falling out of the sky.
Dunn and Hansen, cheap as chips. Would rather keep Dunn, but he doesn't suit our rebounding KPD game-style and deserves to play some footy after the 2013-2015 he had.

Dunn and Hansen, cheap as chips. Would rather keep Dunn, but he doesn't suit our rebounding KPD game-style and deserves to play some footy after the 2013-2015 he had.

The Lions would prefer to take a gamble on a 25 year old Jack Frost (who might be best 22 for the next two three years and who played 42 out of 44 games in 2014-2015) than an ageing 30 year old Dunn, past his prime.

I personally think the Lions need one more mature key defender for depth, but I can also see why they might look elsewhere, rather than Dunn and Hansen. Perhaps one of those might be picked up either as a very late pick or maybe a mature rookie.

Different players to Frost from what I have seen. Frost more of a lock down KPD and Hansen and Dunn more your intercepting mark type guys. TBH I'd happily take Dunn as well but I'm not complaining about bringing in Frost.

The Lions would prefer to take a gamble on a 25 year old Jack Frost (who might be best 22 for the next two three years and who played 42 out of 44 games in 2014-2015) than an ageing 30 year old Dunn, past his prime.
Fair enough, but I disagree. I look at things like this with a Neeld vs Roos perspective. Neeld picked up players like Dawes, Rodan, Byrnes and Gillies - all serviceable at their previous clubs but hardly world-beaters. Roos picked up Vince, Cross, Garlett, Bugg, Newton, Lumumba, Michie and Riley. Neeld's only serviceable acquisition was Pedersen, the rest were busts. Roos' only bust was Lumumba - the others were either successful older heads or rookie depth midfielders. Frost as a middle-aged and averaged KPD won't stop dominant forwards kicking five, even if you get four years out of him. Dunn will, even if his aerobic capacity is down, even if you're looking at two years max.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back