Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
You said spending your time on an internet forum is better than spending your time watching short videos, the logic is idiotic, and when pushed you provide absolutely stupid reasons like "Bigfooty is more information than a platform which has videos by experts on various topics" Rofl.

It's okay to be wrong, move on.
didn’t read what you said because you’re boring and have no idea what you are talking about sorry.

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
What you've got to understand is perceptions can become people's reality. I heard of this "story" driving to work listening to SEN. Whateley and Bucks were discussing the two players who had uploaded a video to TikTok rating women. There was no other context, and then they discussed that the behaviour and in relation to following the De Goey incident, is perceived as misogynistic.

Think how many other 1000s of listeners driving to work hear the same thing. They then perceive Collingwood players that way and then suddenly the reality becomes "Yep, young men at Collingwood are misogynistic". There was no talk of it being fictional, and for the many 1000s who never read about the issue again, that initial mud sticks to them and their peers at the club.

So think about it, in light of the incidents in the last few days, was this a very smart video to upload in the circumstances?

In a world full of people with functioning brains, yes it would have been fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strawman argument, I never said TikTok content was great, try again.
Im probably very alone in saying this, but I find that Tiktok is very relaxing and helps me to sleep and is ad free.:$

Content for each person is admittedly related to the algorithms, which dictates what content you see. So if you watch, like, comment on certain videos you will see more of them.

thedank

All Australian
Mar 2, 2019
Meth City
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Perth
You said spending your time on an internet forum is better than spending your time watching short videos, the logic is idiotic, and when pushed you provide absolutely stupid reasons like "Bigfooty is more information than a platform which has videos by experts on various topics" Rofl.

It's okay to be wrong, move on.
I hope you don't read any books mate, as by your logic movies are the same. A text based social media platform is much more stimulating than swiping through short clips. Wonder why kids can't sit through live sporting events any more?

Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Yes, ignore the entire argument once again.
What argument? The one you made up in your head where I said bigfooty was better than TikTok?

It's okay to be wrong
I'm real glad you recognise this, because you're wrong about lots of things (not just spelling and grammar).
Now please leave me alone, thanks for the chat!

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
What argument? The one you made up in your head where I said bigfooty was better than TikTok?

I'm real glad you recognise this, because you're wrong about lots of things (not just spelling and grammar).
Now please leave me alone, thanks for the chat!

You said bigfooty was more information than Tik Tok, that is objectively wrong as Tik Tok has educational videos by experts on every topic under the sun.

Can you get that simple fact through your head? No doubt you will ignore this point too.

Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Im probably very alone in saying this, but I find that Tiktok is very relaxing and helps me to sleep and is ad free.:$
What do you mean? They made 3.8 billion US dollars in ad revenue last year.

How is TikTok different from YouTube or Instagram with influencers/"content creators" hawking stuff?

You said bigfooty was more information than Tik Tok
I stopped reading here.

Try and make sense with your next post but in the meantime, please go back and re-read my posts so you know what you're talking about, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back