Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to P&W 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought Robbo was spot on. He sounded like the average footy fan.

Take away everything about umpiring, the AFL changing rules mid season, Ginnivan being treated differently to other players etc, Robbo's major premise was to Ginnivan: stop leading with your head.

Take away everything about umpiring, the AFL changing rules mid season, Ginnivan being treated differently to other players etc, Robbo's major premise was to Ginnivan: stop leading with your head.
No beez Robbo's major premise is ALWAYS " I hate Collingwood and I want to stick it to them even if I have to invent it ".

Will never forgive Robbo after his take on Fasolo suffering depression then attending training a week later, "must've been some good drugs".
It's obvious this a-hole has no understanding about mental illness
Had repressed that memory.

That heart surgeon they had on 360 the other week is a true bastard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tried to get screenshots of how it happened, option was there to tackle legitimately, grab arm. The final action was definitely not necessary.

View attachment 1457918

View attachment 1457912

View attachment 1457914

View attachment 1457924

Maggie I posted 2 pictures before that you are missing, which is where he first makes contact and the frame before he makes contact.

This shows the intent of the tackler as his arms get loaded at shoulder height and then its around the neck also shows ginnivan still up right with both arms lowered (important point as many people including some pies supporters thinks he does it to slip the tackle high like selwood, but he doesn't he does it after the high contactis made).

Screenshot_20220725-185725_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220725-184339_Chrome.jpg

Fair enough. Better late than never. Can’t recall the Selwoods saying they deliberately tried to get frees this way.

That was the mistake.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably because after he did no one batted an eyelid and it was said to be smart play the onus is on the tackler.

There are numerous articles with him stating he is taking advantage of a rule and until they change it he'll keep exploiting it.

Edit here: sideswipe
2014 Article referencing 2012 interviews with him. Interesting them bragging that Selwood laughs about it oh but only Ginnivan does that hmm...

Selwood has acknowledged the criticism in recent years, but speaking in 2012, he argued he was using legitimate evasive techniques.

‘’I see the benefit and an advantage I’m getting at the moment on someone else because I see a weakness in what they are doing,” Selwood said.

“The majority of the time they are doing 95 per cent of the tackle right. It’s just that five per cent where I can use my upper body strength, I can dip at the knees slightly. But ... it has always been a part of our game not to get someone high.

‘’There is a little bit of an art to it. You can talk about the whole thing that I duck, but I do it to the rules at the moment and I will continue to do it until they get changed.”

Former teammate Cameron Mooney questioned what choice Selwood had.

“He’s turned it into an art form and he knows, he laughs about it. But at the end of the day he’s such a competitive beast that he’s not going to allow someone to tackle him and not try and get out of it,” Mooney said.

3 Apr 2018 — “You can talk about the whole thing that I duck but I do it to the rules at the moment and I will continue to do it until they get changed.”

There are more but I think that says it all, no?

Last edited:

How about tacklers get lower and aim his torso instead of his neck.

Pretty bloody good effort for a 19 year old small forward!

Outstanding effort, that's what's getting lost in the wash is just how good a season he is actually having.

Ginnivan was drawing people to come watch the footy until the afl steps in and creates this fiasco over the last 3 to 4 weeks.
Imo the umpires started getting directed the fortnight before officially releasing the statement on it.

Robbo saying Jack brought mental health issues on himself, when they actually started after Robinson’s hysterical weekly tirade against Ginnivan is absolutely pathetic. He did this with Alex Fasolo too. He will have blood on his hands one day the overbloated prick

"Well done to Jack Ginnivan for giving Fox Footy an interview after the game, which invited the footy world into the mind of the talented young Pies forward. He spoke of his mental health, and the support he’s getting, just one week after he posted a still of himself being tackled by Mason Redman as his insta profile pic. Because he spoke of his mental health, should the media and fans not talk about the issue now? We know he should’ve received a free kick against Redman and the AFL and the umpires got it wrong, but on Saturday, there was another high contact situation with Ginnivan, he didn’t get the free kick, and that decision was right. All of this started because Ginnivan had a penchant to lead with his head and drop his body in a bid to receive a free kick. People call it a skill, others say it’s not in the spirit of competition, and perhaps dangerous. Part of me feels sorry for him, because the media/fan attention is maximum on the young man and he has been victimised by umpires, or at least been on the wrong side of inconsistency. But most of me says he has to deal with it, it’s self-inflicted, and if he plays every situation on its merits, then the umpires will look after him"

Robbo saying Jack brought mental health issues on himself, when they actually started after Robinson’s hysterical weekly tirade against Ginnivan is absolutely pathetic. He did this with Alex Fasolo too. He will have blood on his hands one day the overbloated prick

"Well done to Jack Ginnivan for giving Fox Footy an interview after the game, which invited the footy world into the mind of the talented young Pies forward. He spoke of his mental health, and the support he’s getting, just one week after he posted a still of himself being tackled by Mason Redman as his insta profile pic. Because he spoke of his mental health, should the media and fans not talk about the issue now? We know he should’ve received a free kick against Redman and the AFL and the umpires got it wrong, but on Saturday, there was another high contact situation with Ginnivan, he didn’t get the free kick, and that decision was right. All of this started because Ginnivan had a penchant to lead with his head and drop his body in a bid to receive a free kick. People call it a skill, others say it’s not in the spirit of competition, and perhaps dangerous. Part of me feels sorry for him, because the media/fan attention is maximum on the young man and he has been victimised by umpires, or at least been on the wrong side of inconsistency. But most of me says he has to deal with it, it’s self-inflicted, and if he plays every situation on its merits, then the umpires will look after him"
Robbo is an utter POS

They’re all missing the point.
Pay them or don’t pay them - for everyone.
Simples.
The inconsistency shits me no end.
Same with the soft frees to other forwards when Checkers and Coxy get mugged and get nothing.

They’re all missing the point.
Pay them or don’t pay them - for everyone.
Simples.
The inconsistency shits me no end.
Same with the soft frees to other forwards when Checkers and Coxy get mugged and get nothing.
Damn straight Anzac - if it wasn't for Fly they would have already destroyed Coxy's career.

Coxy has to be the most frequently infringed against player in the history of Australian rules football and from the AFL and umpires . . . . crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back