Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to P&W 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fire? When I was a young’un we didn’t have fancy things like fire.

I used to trudge home in the snow, no shoes on my feet, and then chop wood with just my bare hands.

Then all we could do as a family was to stare at the wood stacked in the fireplace, and imagine how warm and happy we’d be if fire had been invented yet.
Naturally the fireplace was only known as the wood storage area back then

Oh, we used to dream about lunch not being invented. When I was a young un meals hadnt been invented. Da and ma fed us on the cold ashes of the fire we didnt need to cook the food we didnt have. Aye.
We used to dream about eating cold ashes every day…we were only fed the ashes at Christmas, Easter & Birthdays.
We only ate once a week…the dust sweepings from his Masters ouse every Sunday.

Naturally the fireplace was only known as the wood storage area back then

We just called it “the place”, sure enough. If you called it a “fireplace” people would have looked at you funny…

Fire? When I was a young’un we didn’t have fancy things like fire.

I used to trudge home in the snow, no shoes on my feet, and then chop wood with just my bare hands.

Then all we could do as a family was to stare at the wood stacked in the fireplace, and imagine how warm and happy we’d be if fire had been invented yet.
When I talk of ashes I talk of the ashes from the fires in the waste dump we lived on top of. Our shelter burnt down 3 or 4 times a day and we had to rebuild with the ashes of the rubbish, ashes got stuck in mouth regularly but that was meal enough for us.

When I talk of ashes I talk of the ashes from the fires in the waste dump we lived on top of. Our shelter burnt down 3 or 4 times a day and we had to rebuild with the ashes of the rubbish, ashes got stuck in mouth regularly but that was meal enough for us.
Those tough times helped make you the Mod you are today. I'll leave it there for now - hugs though.

Our Dad was so mean…he use to bottle the oxygen from our house & sell it down the local pub.
We were only allowed to breath once every hour…
Breath every hour. Luxury

My day so far:
Usual coffee from Purple Fig
Finish process map - warehouse system sh#t
Few posts on BF
Bury dead possum (as requested by wife)
Ring Health Fund and get annoyed at measly rebate for upcoming minor operation
Draft another process map - more warehouse sh#t
Go to Chemist Warehouse for industrial strength anti-inflammatories
Duck into Dan Murphy's for some frog plonk
Have lunch - homemade soup with turkish role
Ring Health Fund back and give up after 30 mins
Help unload shopping (also requested by wife)

Thanks - I appreciate your interest and concern 💪

My day so far:
Few posts on BF

No Bunnings? How is that possible?

My day so far:
Few posts on BF

Did you put on a fez to eat lunch?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent research. You and Jonbe might be right - there just might be a conspiracy!

In reality, what has happened is that the AFL were forced to act to be seen to protect the head by discouraging others to follow Ginni's deliberate moves. Should they have done this years ago re:Selwood? Undoubtedly.

Not so much conspiracy but certainly happy to make the changes mid season when pies involved. Not doing us any favours.
No love lost at least they may dislike the look and think it's a bad look for juniors but just a bit funny they allowed it to go on 15 years and for a bloke who leads with his head and bleeds more then any player in history.

Last edited:
Maggie I posted 2 pictures before that you are missing, which is where he first makes contact and the frame before he makes contact.

This shows the intent of the tackler as his arms get loaded at shoulder height and then its around the neck also shows ginnivan still up right with both arms lowered (important point as many people including some pies supporters thinks he does it to slip the tackle high like selwood, but he doesn't he does it after the high contactis made).

View attachment 1462022
View attachment 1462023
Found these shots too.

2022-08-01_165238.jpg

Further what a surprise!

2022-08-01_165321.jpg

Found these shots too.

View attachment 1463030

Further what a surprise!

View attachment 1463034
Please send direct to B Scott cc G McLachlan - request a "view from the top" so to speak.

AFL House reminds me of the Reserve Bank - paid a lot to get it as right as possible - not respond after the event with mealy mouthed excuses drafted by clueless lawyers

I thought Robbo was spot on. He sounded like the average footy fan.

Take away everything about umpiring, the AFL changing rules mid season, Ginnivan being treated differently to other players etc, Robbo's major premise was to Ginnivan: stop leading with your head.

That's the thing, he's not! It's a bend at the knees, not a drive with the head.

If opposition players had a half a brain, they'd learn to hold off a second before tackling him.

Plus, there were a handful of players who received high tackle free kicks on the weekend using the exact some tactic that Ginni uses. Yet we hear fcukin nothing from these media flogs about it.

Please send direct to B Scott cc G McLachlan - request a "view from the top" so to speak.

AFL House reminds me of the Reserve Bank - paid a lot to get it as right as possible - not respond after the event with mealy mouthed excuses drafted by clueless lawyers

Oy! AFL lawyers wouldn’t be anywhere near the Ginni explanation/press releases. They have more important things to do than bother with than ump decisions.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's the thing, he's not! It's a bend at the knees, not a drive with the head.

If opposition players had a half a brain, they'd learn to hold off a second before tackling him.

Plus, there were a handful of players who received high tackle free kicks on the weekend using the exact some tactic that Ginni uses. Yet we hear fcukin nothing from these media flogs about it.
Agreed, with one qualification. In a high proportion of cases it’s not even correct to say he’s bent at the knees — he’s sagged about an inch and turned his head away in a reflex action when he realises he’s going to be tackled. Players of all clubs do this because it’s an involuntary human reaction (for self-protection) and I don’t think it can be stamped out by any amount of officious and hasty rule-making.
In some other cases he’s gone low to get the ball.
In these situations he’s being hit by overly-aggressive tackles that are just plain coming in high and should be penalised. It’s a disgrace that the AFL’s little moral panic has put him in this situation and now they seem to have no care for the player at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back