Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to P&W 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love posters who jump all over someone who dares to make an observation about a new player but happily brand a player who has continually placed his body on the line for our club, "terrible" for the past two or three seasons. Apparently there is a cut off point on criticism or observations on a player and then it's open season. Can you let me know where the line is drawn for future reference?
If you are concerned about players feelings being hurt I'm sure criticism hurts no matter how many games you have played.
Just ask Travis Cloke

JT had a run of 8 or so games last year without a goal. No need to elaborate on that at all

On the occasions he was involved, he looked classy. Didn't look particularly fit or physically ready though. Needs a couple of preseason before we'll know what we've got.

Like Just about all 18 Year Old Rookies

l’m not sure about him being slow… but I think we can conclude Mr Ginnivan is currently not an enthusiastic chaser…

Seems fine at VFL level. Not sure we should get to concerned just yet.

I watched the kid play and was comfortable that he belongs. He had an air of Langdon about him. Deceivingly fast and never overwhelmed.

I watched the kid play and was comfortable that he belongs. He had an air of Langdon about him. Deceivingly fast and never overwhelmed.

Love that comparison to Langdon.

I really miss Langdon. Had subtle arrogance in the way he played , always looked composed on face value. Such a shame his career ended early , one of my faves. Would be a mainstay in our defense for expeirence at still only bloody 27

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has some X factor but 0 tackles is still a big concern.

zero?
I swear he laid a tackle on Hurn in Q2...that was resulted in a dubious in the back that should have been holding the ball.

Also laid on on centre wing I think it was on Gaff in Q1 too

His pressure work was very good when he didn’t have the ball and it was in his vicinity
He knows when ti squeeze and when to guard the space and hold

zero?
I swear he laid a tackle on Hurn in Q2...that was resulted in a dubious in the back that should have been holding the ball.

Also laid on on centre wing I think it was on Gaff in Q1 too

His pressure work was very good when he didn’t have the ball and it was in his vicinity
He knows when ti squeeze and when to guard the space and hold

If you think his pressure is very good then we are simply watching different games, clearly it's the major weakness of his game or he'd of gone much higher in the draft. If he can fix it and apply the level of pressure that modern small forwards must, he can be a seriously good player because he seems to have the offensive attributes and a good head under pressure.

Zero tackles is zero concern today. Odd critique.

First, the stats aren't accurate because he did lay at least one tackle.

Second, it was a low tackle game across the board because we dominated possession. Our efficiency inside 50 was such that we only laid one tackle there all day.

Our team count was well down on our average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back