Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to P&W 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

On one hand he'll fit right in at Collingwood, on the other hand...

What kind of a knock have you picked up?

“Hamstring. “So only two to three weeks which is good, but yeah a bit disappointing. “But good to be here.”

On the flip-side, what are the strengths that’ve shown you’re capable of the role?

“Probably my kicking at the moment, it’s probably my best asset. “And my two-way running has gotten heaps better than last year.”

Last edited:
SELECTION: #13
POSITION:
Medium Forward
DOB:
09/12/2002
HEIGHT:
183cm
WEIGHT:
77kg

Strong at the contest and battle with his opponents. He offers a strong side step and he’s a hard-running half-forward with the ability to weave around players when heading towards goal. Has the ability to hit the scoreboard and has strong football knowledge.

STRENGTHS

• Hard runner / metres gained
  • Side step
  • Goal sense

KEY NUMBERS
  • 20m sprint: 3.01
  • Disposals: 16.1
  • Marks: 3.4
  • Goals: 1.6

Good pick-up, thought he'd go in the ND.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome Jack. Sounds like he has some tricks up forward and was expected to get picked in the ND.

Seems like a pretty solid pick up for the rookie draft.

As an aside I think he is mates (or speaks) with Dusty regularly too as they are both from Castlemaine.

Last edited:
once kicked 119 goals in a season for his junior club. Half that will do for the Pies .

I hope he makes it but don't read too much into that season. My son played with him at Newstead and the draw for the kids here works on geography. The way the draw worked out that year he played the bottom 3 sides a total of 12 games of 16. He kicked bags in every one as most of those sides had 7&8 yo kids. 60 of those vs dunolly who had 12 players all aged 7 . Didn't kick many against top sides . Also took a year off footy at 15 to play netball as he didn't like the physicality coming his way nothing dirty just hard football. On the upside he has a tank, good foot skills and awareness. He will be found out physically and can be timid. I hope he shows what he can do but there are better players up this end of the world who missed out and will play as 19 year olds next year. Lachlan bond and Aidan Hare. Both played senior 1sts Bendigo league football since 16 years old and Bond came 2nd in league bnf for seniors . Good luck you guys have done really well this draft

Last edited:
Strong at the contest and battle with his opponents. He offers a strong side step and he’s a hard-running half-forward with the ability to weave around players when heading towards goal. Has the ability to hit the scoreboard and has strong football knowledge.

[/QUOTE]

Good to know next time I am looking for someone to join my table on a football trivia night.

With this draft & now Ginnivan the Pies should really be able to begin again.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back