Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to P&W 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He draws contact when he gets the free. Hardly ground breaking. He isnt flopping.

Just like chopping the arms on a leading forward is a free kick.

All within the rules
Yeah. When we have defenders scragging, but hiding it to not give away a free or shepherding blokes out of marking contests subtlety enough to avoid detection, who are applauded for it, I don't understand why there's such angst when an attacker looks to draw a free.

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah. When we have defenders scragging, but hiding it to not give away a free or shepherding blokes out of marking contests subtlety enough to avoid detection, who are applauded for it, I don't understand why there's such angst when an attacker looks to draw a free.

Exactly. People are carrying on like he is in the Lindsay Thomas field of free kicks.

Hardly

Rebuilder

All Australian
Jul 31, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
The rule is there not to pay the free kick if it's been deemed a Selwood type arm lift, if he's getting away with it that's not on him.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's akin to soccer flops for frees.

Play the ball hard.

Fall down when you are actually hurt.

Would you say that IF we won a Grand Final with Kick After the Siren from Ginnivan drawing the Free Kick?

He draws contact when he gets the free. Hardly ground breaking. He isnt flopping.

Just like chopping the arms on a leading forward is a free kick.

All within the rules

He more Leans in then Actually Ducking.

Pendles been doing a Simmlar thing last few seasons

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
I'm stoked with his 2021. He showed plenty at VFL level and then when he got his opportunity at AFL he showed plenty of signs that he has the required traits. Small forward can be a graveyard position, but I was super impressed with how Jack would make his opportunities count when they presented them.

Love the balance between McCreery's bash and maniacal attack on the player/ball, and Ginnivan's skill and ability to get the ball in his hand's in goal scoring positions.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
I'm curious to get peoples thoughts on Ginnivan? I've read a number comments from posters who rate him as a top talent.

I liked what he achieved this year. He showed improvement from the start of the year and forced his way into the team. He seems a s**t head on the field (thats a compliment) with a knack for finding space and an accurate set shot.

That's all I've got for him. I'm very interested in views beyond that about what you see in Ginnivan?

Scodog10 Knightmare

Last edited:
I'm curious to get peoples thoughts on Ginnivan? I've read a number comments from posters who rate him as a top talent.

I liked what he achieved this year. He showed improvement from the start of the year and forced his way into the team. He seems a sh*t head on the field (thats a compliment) with a knack for finding space and an accurate set shot.

That's all I've got for him. I'm very interested in views beyond that about what you see in Ginnivan?

Scodog10 Knightmare

I think he's a ripper with a very high ceiling. Exceptional awareness and very good ball skills. Get his body right and I think he'll be playing midfield in a few years.

The rule is there not to pay the free kick if it's been deemed a Selwood type arm lift, if he's getting away with it that's not on him.
Really?
They actually term it a "selwood type arm lift"

He would, and lots of them if he wasn't being deliberately umpired out of the game.

Imagine if Cox were allowed to push in the back at every single contest like Tom Hawkins?
50 goal a year better prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back