Recommitted Jack Graham [staying]

Remove this Banner Ad

CrowFan77

Senior List
Jun 27, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I find this all a bit odd. I don't remember a player touring another club's facilities and then immediately saying no thanks. Surely in this day and age all clubs have similar facilities?

Sounds like Richmond are trying to push him out the door but he doesn't want to go. If he does hold Richmond to his contact, I expect he'll spend a lot of time in the 2's next year.

Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania
I find this all a bit odd. I don't remember a player touring another club's facilities and then immediately saying no thanks. Surely in this day and age all clubs have similar facilities?

Sounds like Richmond are trying to push him out the door but he doesn't want to go. If he does hold Richmond to his contact, I expect he'll spend a lot of time in the 2's next year.
Graham is one of Dimma's favourites. I doubt we'd be trying to push him out.

I think it's probably more a case of him being tempted by a decent offer from Port, but deciding his heart was still with the Tigers after visiting Port made it actually real.

Sep 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can you afford to overpay graham as well as rankine?

I would think so. Plenty of cap space at the moment and not lots of highly paid players. Walker on a much lower new contract this year and Sloane off contract next year.

Let’s hope Rankine has the same impact as overpaying for Dawson

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

CrowFan77

Senior List
Jun 27, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Your list boss said on radio yesterday that apart from Rankine you'd be very quiet.
Pretty sure we are saving all our eggs to have a crack at JHF next year. They are gambling - if we land him next year it will be genius, if not the recruiters might end up with egg on their face.

Besides, our recruiters will get hopelessly sidetracked with the Rankine trade and ignore any other opportunities as they always do.

Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
I’ve always compared Graham in my eyes to Cam Guthrie

He was a genuine role player til 2020 when he turned into a full time on baller at 28 years old. He had shown signs that he could do it as has Graham but it really took an ageing Selwood and retiring Ablett to open up that full time midfield spot aswel as maybe his fitness. Guthrie has turned into a really good player and now won 2 b and f’s in a row

I know Graham right now isn’t as good as Guthrie but when Cotchin and Prestia finish up he’ll be a much more important player for us then and get a lot more midfield time. I genuinely think When he gets that chance he’ll show everyone that he can be a very good AFL player

I would love him at the crows..
He's a very decent player, but he's not really a need for us. We need more big-bodied mids who dominate clearances and/or ones with elite skills. Players such as LDU and Cripps kill us each time for a reason.

mrposhman

Team Captain
Nov 9, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Good boy Jack. This should put paid to those saying that we were pushing him out, which people just assumed was the case rather than another club having a sniff around a contracted player.

Probably not as embarassing for Port though, if he was actually being pushed out of Richmond, how crap must those meetings with Ken, Boak and Burton have been for a SA kid to say he didn't want to head back to SA (if the rhetoric from Port fans about being pushed out were true - which I don't think they are).

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
How many vanilla players kick 3 goals from the guts and tag the brownlow favorite to near nothingness? In first season..

The prelim from two years later was handy too.

I advise you to find a non Richmond fan, that watches all (afl) games (some of these people do exist gos bless them) and ask about JGTI last couple seasons. I tried it, found it illuminating
Why then are the tigers going after Taranto and Hooper if Graham is so good?

The reality is that Graham is a solid player in the secondary midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rainwizard39

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This doesn't make sense.

BigFooty said Richmond were pushing him out because they don't have cap space?

How could they NOT know Richmond's finances?
You realise this doesn’t prove anything. Port tried pushing both Hartlett out then he met with Richmond and he still stayed. I think in 2015/16 we tried pushing out near 11 players and most stayed.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond

You have it completely wrong. Club want him to stay.

Sir_Rancelot

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond

LOL I think you have miss read the whole situation. Dimma loves JG he won't be spending anytime in the 2's that's for sure.

Profop

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond

Hahaha yeah you’re right why improve the midfield if you have other good midfielders 🙃

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Port trying to shake the Tree and Graham did the polite thing and met with port to see what they had to offer.

He probably wanted to go to the Crows so went to Port to see if that would spark the crows interest. We showed no interest so stays at Richmond. His manager may have thought parading him at Alberton might start a bidding war between the 2 SA teams

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond

I guess Cripps and Walsh are rubbish because Carlton went after Cerra and Hewitt in a single trade period.

It's called IMPROVING your team.

Never change BigFooty.

Interesting to note it only says he’s not interested in a trade to Port, nothing about a trade in general.

Crows could still be lurking.
Doubt it as we don't have spare list spots & he isn't really a priority need for us.

Don't have the picks after Rankine trade.

Back